GDT: MTL @ BUF 7pm TV:MSG Radio:WGR - Talkin' proud!

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I don't even have to look to see if Mitts is good in a shootout or not he's pretty good at them.
Typo right?

1679969434483.png

3/11 now. He's crap.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
We are literally on the worst run of any team in the history of the entire sport and that has consequences like losing an entire generation of fans.
It doesn't help but they won't be feeling the last decade until down the line when these kids now are then adults. They won't be buying tickets to see the Sabres but they will for their favorite team that was good when they were kids are in Buffalo.

More opposing teams jerseys in the stands in the future.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
For anyone wanting Skinner in the shootout, the last time he made a shot in that, he was 20, 11 years ago. He doesn't like them and they don't send him out to take them - he's taken 1 in his time in Buffalo (his first year) and failed on that, leaving him 0-for-19 since he last scored.

Reactions: Zman5778

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
It doesn't help but they won't be feeling the last decade until down the line when these kids now are then adults. They won't be buying tickets to see the Sabres but they will for their favorite team that was good when they were kids are in Buffalo.

More opposing teams jerseys in the stands in the future.
I understand your position here but I seriously doubt that WNY youth participation in the sport is down. And I'm betting there's still the love for the game we grew up with.

But the object of their affections is not going to be the Sabres but will be going to the NCAA, ACHA, US Jrs and HS/Prep.

And that's not a bad thing........

If I am wrong and today's generation has abandoned the actual sport for the video game version, feel free to correct me cause that's not what I am see elsewhere in the country.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I understand your position here but I seriously doubt that WNY youth participation in the sport is down. And I'm betting there's still the love for the game we grew up with.

But the object of their affections is not going to be the Sabres but will be going to the NCAA, ACHA, US Jrs and HS/Prep.

And that's not a bad thing........

If I am wrong and today's generation has abandoned the actual sport for the video game version, feel free to correct me cause that's not what I am see elsewhere in the country.

An area of growth in participation and eventual fandom is the expansion of girls' hockey in the region.

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
BTW, insofar as Lyubushkin, he was...AHEM...."honored" as one of the Worst Persons in the World on the Countdown with Keith Olbermann podcast. His specific segment starts at about the 19:50 mark(look for the March 28, 2023 edition). (I should also note that Olbermann has brought up the battles with other teams' Pride Night celebrations numerous times on the podcast.)

Countdown with Keith Olbermann clips

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
BTW, insofar as Lyubushkin, he was...AHEM...."honored" as one of the Worst Persons in the World on the Countdown with Keith Olbermann podcast. His specific segment starts at about the 19:50 mark(look for the March 28, 2023 edition). (I should also note that Olbermann has brought up the battles with other teams' Pride Night celebrations numerous times on the podcast.)

Considering the source...yeah I don't care. It should be a badge or honor for 'bush 🙄

As for the shootout, why not put your 3 goal scorers out?

-Rousek
-Stillman
-Peterka

Montreal went with AHLers. Match them and see what they can do.

Last edited:

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
An area of growth in participation and eventual fandom is the expansion of girls' hockey in the region.
Same here in CO. The girls game (shouldn't call it that....) has really taken off.

I'm an old fart these days playing in a co-ed league along side 40 yr females.

So many of my fellow age male players have retired from the game due to declining skills .... or simply got the game out of their system.... years ago. The league "owner" smartly decided that she and her 40's age level gal friends could fill in the empty roster slots left by the male geriatric crowd. Brilliant thinking and move.

I'm about 20 years their senior and never been much above a B+ player (on my best days) but I'm still pretty tough to beat. One of them told me she loves having me on her team and hates playing against me. LOL!

Must be doing something right...... shrugs shoulders....

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse

Olbermann is far from neutral / center in his views and several comets have made return trips through earth's orbit since he was last relevant in the sports world. He's entitled to his views, but I don't feel he's owed any throne of authority, and certainly no more so than any poster on these boards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad