Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I mean, yes but at the same time:

(6'2) OEL/Weber (6'4)
(6'3) Chiarot/Petry (6'3)
(6') Romanov/Edmundson (6'4)

That's a damn solid core

I don’t think solid is the right word. With the avg age above 30 I think brittle might be better...

Or link sponge candy..appears solid, but add moisture it gets soft.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don’t think solid is the right word. With the avg age above 30 I think brittle might be better...

30-35 is not a problem. That D would be solid for 3-5 years for sure. That's a long time in the NHL. The 30+ BS needs to stop

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
30-35 is not a problem. That D would be solid for 3-5 years for sure. That's a long time in the NHL. The 30+ BS needs to stop

Statistically look st players falling out of the league or dropping in production. For every 1 that might sustain their are 15 who don’t thus they are an anchor.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Statistically look st players falling out of the league or dropping in production. For every 1 that might sustain their are 15 who don’t thus they are an anchor.

That's BS! You need to back up that opinion. 1/15 ratio? :laugh: Typical HF board exaggeration to prove dumb points. If you need exaggeration to make a point, you don't have a very good point.

Fans been waiting for Weber to decline for 4 years now. Weber, Petry, OEL for the next 3-5 years is not something to be concerned about. Keep trying

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
That's BS! You need to back up that opinion. 1/15 ratio? :laugh: Typical HF board exaggeration to prove dumb points. If you need exaggeration to make a point, you don't have a very good point.

Fans been waiting for Weber to decline for 4 years now. Weber, Petry, OEL for the next 3-5 years is not something to be concerned about. Keep trying

Not only is Weber not declining, Petry has actually gotten BETTER in his 30s. Markov played at a top pair level well into his 30s as well. Habs haven't had any problem with this whole dmen suddenly declining when they turn 30.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Not only is Weber not declining, Petry has actually gotten BETTER in his 30s. Markov played at a top pair level well into his 30s as well. Habs haven't had any problem with this whole dmen suddenly declining when they turn 30.

The 30+ decline narrative has spiraled out of control. And the other factor is some fans on teams without vets in their 30's think that's ideal :laugh:

35+ is really the biggest concern.

MarkyMarkov

Jan 31, 2010
Take Minnesota and Domi out of this deal and it works. 16OA 2020, 47 OA 2020, Mete, conditional 1st 2021. Then we negotiate on whether they can take Alzner or not. If they took on Alzner - we could afford Hall and would be a pretty attractive team with OEL added. In this scenario we keep most of the prospects we've already drafted. Then trade 1 of Domi/Drouin/Tatar, with Kulak and futures for a big Right-Wing. We'd be left with this:

Hall - Suzuki - Gallagher (Caufield)
Domi/Drouin - Kotkaniemi - (RW)
Tatar - Danault - Armia
Lehkonen - Evans - Byron

OEL - Weber
Chiarot - Petry
Romanov - Edmondson
Fleury - Juulsen

Last edited:

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
How about this...

:habs
Oliver Ekman-Larsson ($8.25M x 7)

:jets
Philip Danault (RFA)

:coyotes2
Karl Alzner ($4.625M x 2)
Victor Mete (RFA)
Logan Stanley (863,333k x 1)
MTL's 1st round pick in 2020 (#16)
MTL's 2nd round pick in 2020 (#47)
Conditional WPG's 1st round pick in 2021 (via WPG)*
Conditional MTL's 1st round pick in 2021*

*Condition: Top 10 protected. If that pick is top 10, Jets have option to keep it and send their 2022 1st round pick instead.
**Condition: Habs make it at least to the conference finals next year, if not then the Coyotes get MTL's 2nd round pick in 2021

Habs keep Domi incase KK isn’t ready.

Reactions: A Loyal Hot Dog

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl

oh ya the classic "if they are over 29 years old they will suck in 1-2 years!" this is wrong on so many points that I don't feel explaining it.

first example on the top of my head: just look at Piits when they won the cup with Schultz, Dumoulin, Letang, etc. how old were they ?
or how Colorado defense fell off like rome due to their young age.

Again, tell me why EVERY D players in the league magically fall off when they hit 30.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
How about this...

Philip Danault (RFA)

Victor Mete (RFA)

*Condition: Top 10 protected. If that pick is top 10, Jets have option to keep it and send their 2022 1st round pick instead.
**Condition: Habs make it at least to the conference finals next year, if not then the Coyotes get MTL's 2nd round pick in 2021

so:

WINNIPEG SENDS:
- Logan Stanley (meh prosepct)
- CONDITIONAL 20201 first ? (wtf lol)

FOR

Danault

please explain your logic here

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
How about this...

Philip Danault (RFA)

Victor Mete (RFA)

So that's basically the same deal but with Danault going to Winnipeg. The value is fine, I'm just hesitant to move Danault before KK is ready. Unlike Domi, he has a clear spot on the roster and can play as 3C as well if need be. Also he isn't RFA, he has one year left before UFA at just above $3M cap hit.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
Not asking the Wild to trade the 9th for Domi. I understand the circumstance of where the Wild are at. Sabres would probably do it to find talent to surround Eichel now vs later though. Circumstance matters.

The main point is the 9th OA, Brodin, or Dumba won't get you a better center than Domi. Disagree? Sure, give me some context of a past trade where assets like that were traded for a proven 2C age 25 and under?

ROR got traded for a 1st, 2nd, decent prospect, and cap. He may not have been 25 or under but I think the wild would be okay with a trade of that caliber... since we get to use all bad trades as a basis for other proposals.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
oh ya the classic "if they are over 29 years old they will suck in 1-2 years!" this is wrong on so many points that I don't feel explaining it.

first example on the top of my head: just look at Piits when they won the cup with Schultz, Dumoulin, Letang, etc. how old were they ?
or how Colorado defense fell off like rome due to their young age.

Again, tell me why EVERY D players in the league magically fall off when they hit 30.

1 in 15 is not everyone.

The issue isn’t when thry are 30 but when they are 32-34.

The issue isn’t if they can play, but are they worth what you are paying them to be...ie ROI.

Im not interested in paying $8M for a 6D.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
So that's basically the same deal but with Danault going to Winnipeg. The value is fine, I'm just hesitant to move Danault before KK is ready. Unlike Domi, he has a clear spot on the roster and can play as 3C as well if need be. Also he isn't RFA, he has one year left before UFA at just above $3M cap hit.
Minny fans were saying no, so I offered an alternative option to fill that hole in the deal.
I think MTL should definitely keep Danault.

Reactions: A Loyal Hot Dog

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
ROR got traded for a 1st, 2nd, decent prospect, and cap. He may not have been 25 or under but I think the wild would be okay with a trade of that caliber... since we get to use all bad trades as a basis for other proposals.

Are we getting an O'Reilly caliber player for that?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Many examples we can use or not use. And you just gave an example of a 28 year old that was traded for low value and burned the Sabres. What do they have to show for it? And BTW... There was a $7.5M bonus that had to be paid as well which lowered his trade value.

What about the ROR trade when he was 25? The trade from the Avs to the Sabres. You found something interesting here. ROR heading into his age 25 season was traded for two NHL ready prospects (Zadorov and Grigorenko) who were both trending well as the 12th and 16th picks in 12/13 drafts and the 31st pick in the 2015 draft. Domi has better numbers than ROR as a 25 year old. :naughty:

ROR (age 20-24): 0.58 pts/game
vs
Domi (age 20-24): 0.67 pts/game

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
Many examples we can use or not use. And you just gave an example of a 28 year old that was traded for low value and burned the Sabres. What do they have to show for it? And BTW... There was a $7.5M bonus that had to be paid as well which lowered his trade value.

What about the ROR trade when he was 25? The trade from the Avs to the Sabres. You found something interesting here. ROR heading into his age 25 season was traded for two NHL ready prospects (Zadorov and Grigorenko) who were both trending well as the 12th and 16th picks in 12/13 drafts and the 31st pick in the 2015 draft. Domi has better numbers than ROR as a 25 year old. :naughty:

vs
I remember how people were bashing ROR before the trade and telling other how terrible he was, lol. I feel like Danault will follow ROR pattern.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I remember how people were bashing ROR before the trade and telling other how terrible he was, lol. I feel like Danault will follow ROR pattern.

I doubt the Habs trade Danault. His comments of wanting to play both defense and offense has spiraled out of control. But yeah, Danault is about the same age as ROR was when he was traded to the Blues.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

vs
Max Domi vs Ryan O'Reilly is probably not the comparison you want to lean into.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
Are we getting an O'Reilly caliber player for that?
Of course, whoever is ROR 2.0, you can have for that, since everybody is using the Kapanen as a basis to trade their player. Or go ahead and trade your Erat for the next Forsburg.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Max Domi vs Ryan O'Reilly is probably not the comparison you want to lean into.

At the age of 25, Domi has better numbers. If you feel it's not a good comparison (Avs to Sabres trade)... What is another guy traded at 25? Not too many examples of that come to my mind.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Damn sounds like someone the Canadiens could use given that your offense (and team in general) was more inept than ours.
If a team has to many C's and lacks D's or wingers they will look to balance out the roster. I would be happy to keep Domi as he is a good young player. However, from all reports he wants to play center and not wing. Domi would be a good player to acquire but the other piece coming back needs to be good as well in the form of a winger or D. Get it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->