MSG Network without cable TV

gadiamon72

Jun 13, 2013
This has probably been covered before. I am looking to cut the cord with optimum, but I don't want to lose MSG. The problem is Hulu, Youtube TV, Sling, etc...don't carry MSG. Any suggestions on how I can still watch Isles games once I leave Optimum would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!

bstash19

Apr 8, 2012
long island
what i do is, i use my moms optimum id and log into the msggo app on my ipad and airplay it to my appletv. that way i can watch on tv. aside from looking for streams online, that is your only option.

well unless you get a vpn setup to change your location and also get the nhl.tv to avoid local blackouts (or whatever gamecenter is called now).

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
Any sharing of illegal/shady streams will get you points, only warning.
upload_2020-1-21_12-50-34.jpeg

Try and stop me

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
This has probably been covered before. I am looking to cut the cord with optimum, but I don't want to lose MSG. The problem is Hulu, Youtube TV, Sling, etc...don't carry MSG. Any suggestions on how I can still watch Isles games once I leave Optimum would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!

I'm assuming you're in market and want to watch on your television?

denis5

Mar 13, 2007
How has your experience been with Fubo. Any idea how they compare to YouTube and others? Thanks for the info.
Have no first hand experience with either service. Just the result of my research when I was considering cutting the cord with FIOS. Unfortunately, I found that if I wanted MSG, pretty much nothing really made sense, so I went with a "skinny" bundle.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
How has your experience been with Fubo. Any idea how they compare to YouTube and others? Thanks for the info.
We had Fubo 2 years ago when there was no available choice of cable providers due to our living situation, so it may be different now. The feed could be sketchy in quality, and at least one game it stopped working altogether. The only other experience we have had was with MSG. It beats not seeing the games at all, although I have no idea of what the cost is.

Beacon Isles

Feb 20, 2015
Beacon, NY
Sorry for bumping this, but like the OP, Im looking at cutting the cord, but MSG and Islanders games are one of the main things that still has me with Optimum/Altice.

Looking for a solution that is A) preferably legal, B) doesn't cost an arm and a leg, and C) lets me watch on the TV screen, vs watching on a phone or tablet.

Thanks in advance!

Beacon Isles

Feb 20, 2015
Beacon, NY
Looking at FUBU, they have all the MSGs, SNY, NBCSN, etc. but they cost $65 a month I think at the lowest plan. Dropping cable TV, losing the triple play discount, and replacing it with FUBU doesnt make for a big savings. Right now, I pay $76 a month for the TV piece after a $15 discount for having 3 services, so we're not huge spenders on the TV side of things, but other than Islanders games and a couple of channels, we mostly watch Netflix/Amazon/etc.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Looking at FUBU, they have all the MSGs, SNY, NBCSN, etc. but they cost $65 a month I think at the lowest plan. Dropping cable TV, losing the triple play discount, and replacing it with FUBU doesnt make for a big savings. Right now, I pay $76 a month for the TV piece after a $15 discount for having 3 services, so we're not huge spenders on the TV side of things, but other than Islanders games and a couple of channels, we mostly watch Netflix/Amazon/etc.
I got fubo as well because it has msg. I’m saving about 50 dollars a month without cable as I have Verizon internet which is 80 dollars a month. I’ll go with fubo for a bit and see but I might drop that as well and just watch Netflix and Amazon which I get for free through promotions. Not worth paying these crazy prices anymore and after Coronavirus I have learned to cope without sports.

Beacon Isles

Feb 20, 2015
Beacon, NY
I got fubo as well because it has msg. I’m saving about 50 dollars a month without cable as I have Verizon internet which is 80 dollars a month. I’ll go with fubo for a bit and see but I might drop that as well and just watch Netflix and Amazon which I get for free through promotions. Not worth paying these crazy prices anymore and after Coronavirus I have learned to cope without sports.

Thanks! And granted, probably wont need MSG until January, the way things look now.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Sorry for bumping this, but like the OP, Im looking at cutting the cord, but MSG and Islanders games are one of the main things that still has me with Optimum/Altice.

Looking for a solution that is A) preferably legal, B) doesn't cost an arm and a leg, and C) lets me watch on the TV screen, vs watching on a phone or tablet.

Thanks in advance!

I sent you a PM, but I forgot to ask if you're paying $80 for internet is that for gigabit? If it is, that's overkill for the majority of the population and you could probably drop it to a cheaper speed to save a little more cash.

Beacon Isles

Feb 20, 2015
Beacon, NY
I sent you a PM, but I forgot to ask if you're paying $80 for internet is that for gigabit? If it is, that's overkill for the majority of the population and you could probably drop it to a cheaper speed to save a little more cash.

Its IslesFan22 paying $80 for internet with Verizon.

Although Im paying similar with Optimum for their Optimum 100 service. Monopolistic rip off. Verizon isnt coming into my area until they roll out 5G.

Reactions: PK Cronin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad