MSG Music Question

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Hey Gang,

Had a question on three songs played at the Garden.

1. What is the victory song for this year? I'm not a fan it's too soft but just curious.

2. What's that awful song they play when the Rangers lose? It sounds like Blues Traveler but I know it's not. I really despise this song and have been calling for them to change it for years.

3. What's the song they play during a video review? I know it's a mid 90s tune, I remember hearing it on MTV's 120 Minutes and Alternative Nation when I was in Middle School I just can't remember what it is. Chemical Brothers? Bjork? Dust Brothers? Tricky?

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Hey Gang,

1. What is the victory song for this year? I'm not a fan it's too soft but just curious.

2. What's that awful song they play when the Rangers lose? It sounds like Blues Traveler but I know it's not. I really despise this song and have been calling for them to change it for years.

3. What's the song they play during a video review? I know it's a mid 90s tune, I remember hearing it on MTV's 120 Minutes and Alternative Nation when I was in Middle School I just can't remember what it is. Chemical Brothers? Bjork? Dust Brothers? Tricky?

They definitely played chemical brothers recently during a game. Not sure if it was during review but you might be right. Certainly no Bjork that I can recall.

Anthony Eclair

Anthony Eclair
Jan 14, 2012
Hey Gang,

Well, here's the victory song

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=53535

your on your own with the rest.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
The victory song this year is Sky Full of Stars by Coldplay. Hate it.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
#2 is "New York Hustle" (LOL) by Mick Jagger and Dave Stewart.

#3 is "Battle Without Honor or Humanity" by Tomoyasu Hotei

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Megustaelhockey thanks for the info. More mysteries solved. I really despise that second song. That harmonica just ticks me off. Sounds like a bad version of Blues Traveler.

I miss that song by Bowie the Rangers used to come out to in 05-06. I think it was called Just or Because.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
This is the only thing that should play when you lose a game at home in front of paying customers...

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
They always go with some Avicci/Flo Rida/Coldplay song as the victory song. Sky Full of Stars is ok but Wake Me Up and Good Feeling were still GOAT.

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
Megustaelhockey thanks for the info. More mysteries solved. I really despise that second song. That harmonica just ticks me off. Sounds like a bad version of Blues Traveler.

I miss that song by Bowie the Rangers used to come out to in 05-06. I think it was called Just or Because.

Love New York Hustle as a lose song. Haunts my dreams, but will give me a chuckle after bad losses when I'm in attendance. Also, enjoy it after Knick games.

They always go with some Avicci/Flo Rida/Coldplay song as the victory song. Sky Full of Stars is ok but Wake Me Up and Good Feeling were still GOAT.

^

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Love New York Hustle as a lose song. Haunts my dreams, but will give me a chuckle after bad losses when I'm in attendance. Also, enjoy it after Knick games.

^

The harmonica and slide guitar in this song just really get on my nerves for some reason. Like I want to throw the remote at the television. I don't know what it is. I've hated this song since I first heard it.

My friend imported Don't Worry Be Happy by Bobby McFerrin as a loss song in one of the EA NHL games back in the day and I feel this works much better.

I used to use Give A Little Love by Ziggy Marley in my game.

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
The harmonica and slide guitar in this song just really get on my nerves for some reason. Like I want to throw the remote at the television. I don't know what it is. I've hated this song since I first heard it.

I feel that. An artificial punch in the gut for sure. Just think I'm oddly nostalgic about it, only lose song that I can recall. The team overall has me nostalgic about a lot of weird ****.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad