MSG Is Hockey Heaven...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Maybe the real Hockeytown is the NY Tri-State & up-State Area.

With MSG already showcasing Ranger, Islander and Devil games, they now have added the Buffalo Sabres. It could get ugly at the houshold with wife this fall and winter.

Welcome aboard Sabres! Glad to have you!! :clap:

BDubinskyNYR17*

source?? Since when does MSG show Sabres games?? Only games ive seen is when they play Devils, Islanders and Rangers.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Anyone who watched the MSG telcast today can back me up. I also heard rumors awhile back due to the Sabres not having a T.V. contract. I'll try to provide a link.

djhn579

Mar 11, 2003
Tonawanda, NY
Brooklyndevil said:
Maybe the real Hockeytown is the NY Tri-State & up-State Area.

With MSG already showcasing Ranger, Islander and Devil games, they now have added the Buffalo Sabres. It could get ugly at the houshold with wife this fall and winter.

Welcome aboard Sabres! Glad to have you!! :clap:

And we can see how welcome we are on MSG by how they totally disrespected the Sabres fans when the Sabres pick was announced...

Nothing personal, but we need something other than MSG if the Sabres are going to be treated like red-headed stepchildren...

:madfire:

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Satan81 said:
Yep, they're going to get about 75 games for the Buffalo, Rochester, and Syracuse markets. It's being discussed on Sabres board also.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050723/1060585.asp

This is because of the end of Empire Sports Network, the former tv rights holder for the Sabres.

Sorry, if I was mistaken, but today on MSG, they were trying to give the Sabres equal time. Although, Fishler wouldn't have any part of it. He was only interested in the 3 local teams. I just thought we would also be getting Sabre games locally. I hope we do. They have some nice young talent. After missing a season, I say the more hockey the better!

nckd

Jun 16, 2004
NY
Does anyone know what they'll show in the capital district? Sabres, Rangers, both?

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Zack Attack said:
Jeanerette better still call the games for the Sabres.

Is that the crazy guy who comes up with all sorts of comments like..."Hasket makes the saves and stones Mark Recci BLindddddddd"?? That guys a gem :biglaugh:

Phil333

Dec 26, 2003
New York City
Brooklyndevil said:
Sorry, if I was mistaken, but today on MSG, they were trying to give the Sabres equal time. Although, Fishler wouldn't have any part of it. He was only interested in the 3 local teams. I just thought we would also be getting Sabre games locally. I hope we do. They have some nice young talent. After missing a season, I say the more hockey the better!

Fishler is a complete ******. I can't stand him. And there's gonna be some Devils-Isles-Rangers bias at first, as the whole production team has been focused on this team, and it's not like the Sabers have anything to get excited over. But it will happen. And Buf fans are getting their team broadcast on MSG, a channel that cares about hockey.

djhn579

Mar 11, 2003
Tonawanda, NY
Phil333 said:
Fishler is a complete ******. I can't stand him. And there's gonna be some Devils-Isles-Rangers bias at first, as the whole production team has been focused on this team, and it's not like the Sabers have anything to get excited over. But it will happen. And Buf fans are getting their team broadcast on MSG, a channel that cares about hockey.

The Sabres are our team, so whether you think so or not, we get excited over them. It doesn't matter to us how much MSG cares about hockey if we are going to be treated to NYR comercials and slighted when our team goes up to make their draft selection.

I can't wait to see what is in store for us once the season begins...

GnomE

Mar 17, 2005
Wow, I couldn't be more happier as a PEnguins fan. They'll play NJ, NYR, and NYI 8 times each for a total of 24 games!!! :jump: :jump:

Iceburgh

Dec 29, 2003
But...but...but...what about our beloved RJ? I've already gone an entire season without hearing that soothing voice, now I might not have access to it at ALL??

NYIsles1*

Msg=Hockey Hell

No Islander-Devils preseason games, only limited home preseason Ranger coverage.
Crispino and Fischler were completely worthless listening to them talk about prospects they did not know the first thing about yesterday. Dolan has proven to be an awful hockey salesman since he took control of the Isles and Devils tv rights with ratings for all three local teams at record lows under his watch. His creation of Metro that shut out portions of fans from all three teams was a disaster.

Dolan never figured out he needs the Islanders and Devils to be popular to help the Rangers exposure and that he's in the business of selling hockey and the local rivalries.

Satan81

Aug 19, 2002
Syracuse, NY
NYIsles1 said:
Msg=Hockey Hell

No Islander-Devils preseason games, only limited home preseason Ranger coverage.
Crispino and Fischler were completely worthless listening to them talk about prospects they did not know the first thing about yesterday. Dolan has proven to be an awful hockey salesman since he took control of the Isles and Devils tv rights with ratings for all three local teams at record lows under his watch. His creation of Metro that shut out portions of fans from all three teams was a disaster.

Dolan never figured out he needs the Islanders and Devils to be popular to help the Rangers exposure and that he's in the business of selling hockey and the local rivalries.

I couldn't agree more. Yesterday they missed the Sabres #13 pick completely. Fischler knows nothing about hockey. The only info he had on the draft was what Brian Burke was saying on the TSN feed. He is a huge Rangers homer who knows nothing about building a team. When Crispino asked Fischler why should Ranger fans be excited to sign big name free agents like Forsberg when it hasn't helped them in the past, his exact response was: "Sather will be enthused, it'll be a plus." What the hell answer is that. He knows nothing.

The MSG coverage of the draft was a joke. I think I saw about 20 minutes of the actaul draft and the rest was Crispino and Fischler drooling over Marc Staal.

Buffalo Stylee

Apr 4, 2004
Buffalo/Niagara
GameFace247SON said:
they should rename the channel to *Teams the Flyers will outlast while winning the stanley cup :win: :win:

No they should rename it "Teams that laughed thier ##### off while watching the Senators beat the crap out of the Flyers during that huge brawl a little while ago."

Buffalo Stylee

Apr 4, 2004
Buffalo/Niagara
Iceburgh said:
But...but...but...what about our beloved RJ? I've already gone an entire season without hearing that soothing voice, now I might not have access to it at ALL??

I thought I read somewhere that he would be on WGR so it looks like you may be turning the volume on the tv down and the volume on your radio up.

i am dave

Mar 9, 2004
Corner of 1st & 1st
Fake Plastic Sabre said:
No they should rename it "Teams that laughed thier ##### off while watching the Senators beat the crap out of the Flyers during that huge brawl a little while ago."

Do you really want to go there?

Chris Neil is such a stud for beating up Radovan Somik....

JOHNBOY

BUFFALO SABRES
Sep 30, 2003
Denver NC
Just a side note...

Whomever has Direct TV here isnt garunteed to get the Sabres games over MSG, I remember reading in that article that they still have to negotiate some sorta deal or some crap like that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->