MSG from the CEO/President/Owner/Governor

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Something like a family packs (4 tickets, some hot dogs, drinks and parking) would probably sell. Didn't they do something like this in the past? I seem to recall certain tickets coming with hotdog vouchers not too long ago.

edit: I googled it, 99 bucks for 4 tickets, 4 hotdogs and 4 drinks, but no parking, back in 2009. It was limited to 5 specific games.
Yup. I brought my kids to a bunch of those.
Also when the heritage jerseys came out, you got a free ticket with each jersey purchase. I bought one for each of my 3 kids.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Anyone else exhausted by the circular nature of all of this?

Owner says we need more fan investment , more people need to spend money. If fans spend more, so will he.

Fans say they need more owner investment, and will spend more once he does.

Mexican standoff.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Yup. I brought my kids to a bunch of those.
Also when the heritage jerseys came out, you got a free ticket with each jersey purchase. I bought one for each of my 3 kids.

Free ticket to a bronze level game, barber pole hat and Scarf.

I still wear the scarf I got in that package

Reactions: slamigo

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
For you....Daddy.

For others...Superdouche

I asked for a little clarification, after reading this post

Sounds nice, then I re-read the title and shake my head that he holds 4 major positions in the organization. If he doesn't do it, there is no one else to try.

Because the letter sent to STHs was signed with "Chief Executive Officer, Owner and Governor "

Someone suggested that he is the "acting" President, until he finds and hires someone to fill the vacancy. But as of today, he only holds three official titles.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I asked for a little clarification, after reading this post

Because the letter sent to STHs was signed with "Chief Executive Officer, Owner and Governor "

Someone suggested that he is the "acting" President, until he finds and hires someone to fill the vacancy. But as of today, he only holds three official titles.

Does anyone think that making a Eugene Melnyck mascot could help rehab his imagine? We’ll call him ‘Uncle Mel’ and we’ll dress him up as a CTC parking attendant and he can give out free....or better yet....discounted parking passes to future games if you buy a 4 pack of tickets. And at the intermissions he’ll shoot Matt Cooke forensic audits out of the cannon? He’ll wear the same hat and sunglasses as Bob Mckeown but we’ll spare him the hemrhoidal look and feel. Uncle Mel will be Sparty Cats pal, they can roam around, have him on the boards with a sign at Pitt games reading ‘Crosby should be banned for life’.

I think it’ll work.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017

Owner says we need more fan investment , more people need to spend money. If fans spend more, so will he.

Mexican standoff.
Actually it's not

Melnyk had a very profitable year even before the 16M windfall and spent less this year while increasing prices.

He's shown that the Fans spending more money will not lead to an increase in budget. In short, he has broken the bond of trust.

#Melnykout

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Does anyone think that making a Eugene Melnyck mascot could help rehab his imagine? We’ll call him ‘Uncle Mel’ and we’ll dress him up as a CTC parking attendant and he can give out free....or better yet....discounted parking passes to future games if you buy a 4 pack of tickets. And at the intermissions he’ll shoot Matt Cooke forensic audits out of the cannon? He’ll wear the same hat and sunglasses as Bob Mckeown but we’ll spare him the hemrhoidal look and feel. Uncle Mel will be Sparty Cats pal, they can roam around, have him on the boards with a sign at Pitt games reading ‘Crosby should be banned for life’.

I think it’ll work.

Bob McKeown - Wikipedia

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I am NOT selling the team — period, my kids (had) first call on the franchise long ago......Let me set the record straight. I have no idea how a reporter fabricated a fiction about my selling the team, these stories pop up out of nowhere probably from someone ‘hearing something’....... The only thing I can think of is our routine refinancing of our debt involves a financial ‘roadshow’. Virtually every major Canadian, international and American bank have attended one of over 20 presentations in Toronto, Ottawa and New York. This involves accountants, bankers and lawyers. I am not directly involved in this process except for the occasional visit and greetings. Hence, where the sale story must have come from.........This is where the (Karlsson) contract request emanated from, ALL material contracts are reviewed in a process called due diligence — from snow removal to food and beverage to players............He (Dorion) makes the decisions and only has to get a sign-off from me when it involves the movement of a A or B player — coming in or going out, I can’t remember ever overriding a Pierre Dorion decision. He has the grit and the passion to do what is right for the club and right or wrong — he takes the applause and the boos. He does an excellent job. I am pleased with his performance.

Team owner Eugene Melnyk ....December 13th, 2017.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Mexican standoff.

It isn't that circular.

Business wants customers. Business needs to attract them.

End of story.

The fanbase is fickle but that isn't the fanbase's problem. Honestly Melnyk's comments at the Centennial sealed the deal: the owner essentially said "we put out a below average product because we cut everything and if people aren't happy we might have to move" was the point of no return.

Melnyk needs to go or have a serious change in attitude.

Last edited:
Reactions: Countdown0

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I am NOT selling the team — period, my kids (had) first call on the franchise long ago......Let me set the record straight. I have no idea how a reporter fabricated a fiction about my selling the team, these stories pop up out of nowhere probably from someone ‘hearing something’....... The only thing I can think of is our routine refinancing of our debt involves a financial ‘roadshow’. Virtually every major Canadian, international and American bank have attended one of over 20 presentations in Toronto, Ottawa and New York. This involves accountants, bankers and lawyers. I am not directly involved in this process except for the occasional visit and greetings. Hence, where the sale story must have come from.........This is where the (Karlsson) contract request emanated from, ALL material contracts are reviewed in a process called due diligence — from snow removal to food and beverage to players............He (Dorion) makes the decisions and only has to get a sign-off from me when it involves the movement of a A or B player — coming in or going out, I can’t remember ever overriding a Pierre Dorion decision. He has the grit and the passion to do what is right for the club and right or wrong — he takes the applause and the boos. He does an excellent job. I am pleased with his performance.

Team owner Eugene Melnyk ....December 13th, 2017.

You've posted a 3 month old quote by Melnyk in a thread that's been dormant for a week and it doesn't seem to be directly responding to any of the more recent posts and certainly doesn't speak to the letter he wrote to STHs. Where are you going with this? It's all good to post a quote, but you got to elaborate a bit otherwise it's just spam.

On the topic of Melnyk's letter, given his stated commitment to draft and develop, I'd hoped we'd be seeing more of the young prospects in Belleville rotate their way through the lineup by this point and get some meaningful mins to see where they're at. Fine if you want McCormick to be the first to be rotated in, but if he's here as part of that concept of draft and develop, we're doing it wrong imo. We need to see if he can be a penalty killer, handle more than 10 mins a night (which he's only reached once this season). And if the coach has already decided he's not there, call up the next kid and give him a handful of games to see where he's at.

Chlapik, White, Paul, Gagne, Jaros all should get a game or two (more) where they get put in a meaningful role before the end of the season imo and we're running out of time to do it.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
You've posted a 3 month old quote by Melnyk in a thread that's been dormant for a week and it doesn't seem to be directly responding to any of the more recent posts and certainly doesn't speak to the letter he wrote to STHs. Where are you going with this? It's all good to post a quote, but you got to elaborate a bit otherwise it's just spam.

On the topic of Melnyk's letter, given his stated commitment to draft and develop, I'd hoped we'd be seeing more of the young prospects in Belleville rotate their way through the lineup by this point and get some meaningful mins to see where they're at. Fine if you want McCormick to be the first to be rotated in, but if he's here as part of that concept of draft and develop, we're doing it wrong imo. We need to see if he can be a penalty killer, handle more than 10 mins a night (which he's only reached once this season). And if the coach has already decided he's not there, call up the next kid and give him a handful of games to see where he's at.

Chlapik, White, Paul, Gagne, Jaros all should get a game or two (more) where they get put in a meaningful role before the end of the season imo and we're running out of time to do it.

The quote must be super important since it's highlighted in blue!

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Do you guys remember when we were so respected that Dominik Hasek signed a league min contract to play with us

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

Have they removed the cast from Christian Jaros's broken foot yet?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Do you guys remember when we were so respected that Dominik Hasek signed a league min contract to play with us

Ehh... we were MORE respected than we are now, sure, but let's not forget context:

1) Hasek was 40 years old when he signed with us.
2) he was coming off a major groin surgery, and there was a lot of doubt both about how a 40 year old body would respond to that surgery, as well as how lingering effects might affect his unique style (hmm... I wonder how that worked out...)
3) we were the only cup contender who offered him an opportunity to start. All other contenders at the time already had a starting goalie. He was chasing a cup. We were the only game in town if Hasek wanted to chase one more cup.
4) we didn't pay him the league minimum, we paid him $2 mil with a $4mil bonus if we won the cup that year, plus we held a $2.5 (ish)mil option on a 2nd year... but if we won the Cup the previous year, it became a mandatory $7mil option that Hasek could hold us to. Both parties agreed that we were Cup-or-Bust that year, and the contract reflected it.

So... I mean, yay Hasek? But also: context matters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->