MSG from the CEO/President/Owner/Governor

salomonster

Oct 7, 2006
Double dot
Right direction? Really? He said "REBUILD" change the word to RE-TOOL and also add in the letter that signing our Captain to a longterm contract and this is proper step in the right direction.

We have a core of players who are up for contracts VERY soon which could be very allergic to this word REBUILD.

Especially EK.

Why is there after 1 year so much need to look at rebuilding? It was a bad year, we have too many weapons to give up.

Not on board with this.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
It is what it is I guess. Would have been nice had he shown some humility and took responsibility for the tire fire that is consuming all aspects of the franchise. Rather than be cynical, I'll patiently wait for him to turn words into action. After all, pro hockey is only entertainment.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Right direction? Really? He said "REBUILD" change the word to RE-TOOL and also add in the letter that signing our Captain to a longterm contract and this is proper step in the right direction.

We have a core of players who are up for contracts VERY soon which could be very allergic to this word REBUILD.

Especially EK.

Why is there after 1 year so much need to look at rebuilding? It was a bad year, we have too many weapons to give up.

Not on board with this.

What the hell is the difference between rebuild and retool? They are such stupid concepts anyways. Rebuild just means changing of the core for a younger one. Armchair GMs on the internet have turned it into some elaborate sure-fire strategy that requires losing on purpose. So stupid.

Also, take it as you will, but Karlsson specifically said that he's looking forward to helping younger players establish themselves in the NHL.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
this is great because when season ticket holders still dont renew, it may force melnyks hand to do something otherwise the nhl will have to be concerned about the franchise bleeding dry

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Don't tell me what you are going to do.

SHOW me what you are going to do.

In this case he kinda had to address the fans, damage control for sure, the fanbase has been all over the place lately.

I don't think that letter changes anything, as others have mentionned he doesn't really say anything in there but at least he made an effort to get to the fanbase .... Something he and Dorion should've done about a month ago.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
It is what it is I guess. Would have been nice had he shown some humility and took responsibility for the tire fire that is consuming all aspects of the franchise. Rather than be cynical, I'll patiently wait for him to turn words into action. After all, pro hockey is only entertainment.

it is only entertainment which is why it would be nice if we were actually entertained, instead of following a circus

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
More BS from the worst owner in the league. I’m not buying it. He said nothing concrete in this long statement. Weren’t they minutes away from trading Karlsson a few days ago?? What changed in the past few days Eugene??

According to? Rumors? Gretzky got traded, every player could possibly be traded. I want my GM to listen to all offers, but have high demands so end up saying no unless the offer is too good to refuse. I love players but it’s a business and it should be team first. The team didn’t work out this year so I want some changes.

So far this is the players who left :

Thompson (33)
Phaneuf (almost 33)
Brassard (30)
Oduya (36)

And cup-of coffee players Didomenico and Dumont

Next players I want to be replaced :

Burrows (almost 37)
Smith (almost 30)
Gaborik (36)
Anderson (almost 37)
Condon (almost 28)

And then Ryan (almost 31)

I won’t react until other things happen. I don’t care much about rumors and speculation, I don’t care much about the owner and even the GM. I care about the players and the prospect pool

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

Be careful what you wish for.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Actions speak louder then words. When he starts acting that's when ill take anything he says seriously.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
It’s to bad hockey isn’t like real life.

Sens fans would sign Brian Mcgratton to a contract, have him come to Ottawa, tune Melnyck up for running around Ottawa being the mouthy little Maxime Lapierre of NHL owners and teach the guy a lesson.

Respeck

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
The "when i took ocer the team, they were in financial trouble" line irritates me.

What does this have to do with the current situation. Is he telling fans they should hug him instead of holdint #MelnykOut signs?

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
The "when i took ocer the team, they were in financial trouble" line irritates me.

What does this have to do with the current situation. Is he telling fans they should hug him instead of holdint #MelnykOut signs?

Exactly, nothings improved and it’s gotten worse. The next owner could literally cut and paste this line

Dino Tkachuk

Ottawa Senators
Jan 6, 2009
Draft a top 3, extend Stone/Karlsson. Sign Tavares. That could quickly flip the script from his unsupporters. Wishful thinking but one can dream!
I would adjust a bit. Win the draft and pick Dahlin. Move Ryan and sign Karlsson. Offer Tavares whatever to sign in Ottawa. We become a cap team. That is my dream.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad