Online Series: Ms.Marvel on Disney+

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

Ms. Marvel as a comic and heroine has existed since 1976, with the character Carol Danvers using the name for her crime-fighting escapades. Several other characters have briefly taken up the mantle and Danvers herself became Captain Marvel in 2012.
The latest incarnation, and the one the show will be focusing on, is a teenager named Kamela Khan. Khan broke ground by becoming Marvel’s first Muslim character to be lead her own comics title. Her identity as a Pakistani American, living in a religious family in New Jersey whilst trying to find her own way, have been a major focus of the stories. Her powers have been described as polymorphous, meaning she has the ability to stretch and change her shape.

Writer and show runner will be Bisha K. Ali.

Reactions: uncleben

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Ms. Marvel as a comic and heroine has existed since 1976, with the character Carol Danvers using the name for her crime-fighting escapades. Several other characters have briefly taken up the mantle and Danvers herself became Captain Marvel in 2012.
The latest incarnation, and the one the show will be focusing on, is a teenager named Kamela Khan. Khan broke ground by becoming Marvel’s first Muslim character to be lead her own comics title. Her identity as a Pakistani American, living in a religious family in New Jersey whilst trying to find her own way, have been a major focus of the stories. Her powers have been described as polymorphous, meaning she has the ability to stretch and change her shape.

Writer and show runner will be Bisha K. Ali.

KamAla Khan.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
KamAla Khan.

I believe he copy pasted it from hollywood reporter who made the mistake, but yes

also not surprised whatsoever to see trolls upset about this announcement

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I believe he copy pasted it from hollywood reporter who made the mistake, but yes

also not surprised whatsoever to see trolls upset about this announcement

Indeed and I forgot to put the link which I usually do. C'est la vie!

Trolls be troll like the ones that are pissed at Brie Larson now for posting a picture of her holding Mjolnir.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
The KamAla Khan Ms. Marvel comic run that started in 2014 is fantastic.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

Some of them don't even seem to know that this is all fantasy and not real life...one of them responded that Captain Marvel is not worthy to lift it...someone replied to the effect that that's Brie Larson as herself lifting it for a picture not Captain Marvel. Another wrote something like "that's just a prop", no duh...

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
the only problem I had with that pic was Brie doesnt seem to be aware that lifting Mjolnir is about worthiness, not physical strength

but its so whatever. like move on for reals

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
the only problem I had with that pic was Brie doesnt seem to be aware that lifting Mjolnir is about worthiness, not physical strength

but its so whatever. like move on for reals

There is no "only problem". She's holding a prop.

I really hate these people because I want to engage in honest discussion and also criticism but these idiots make that extremely difficult.

Lindsay Ellis had a nice title tweet thread about this and how she did not like Captain Marvel the film much at all but she just kept that opinion to herself for fear of being "hugboxed" by sad alt-right types who would seize on any criticism and run with it.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
There is no "only problem". She's holding a prop.

I really hate these people because I want to engage in honest discussion and also criticism but these idiots make that extremely difficult.

Lindsay Ellis had a nice title tweet thread about this and how she did not like Captain Marvel the film much at all but she just kept that opinion to herself for fear of being "hugboxed" by sad alt-right types who would seize on any criticism and run with it.

Yeah because if someone handed these people the Mjolnir prop they'd immediately drop it to the ground being unworthy to lift it rather than holding it up with a big grin.

Reactions: Winger98 and NyQuil

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
There is no "only problem". She's holding a prop

Gee really, I had no idea. And I was referring to the comment Brie posted alongside the pic where she implies Mjolnir is based on physical strength. But like I said, very minor point. Not worth calling me an idiot over but you do you I guess

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
Gee really, I had no idea. And I was referring to the comment Brie posted alongside the pic where she implies Mjolnir is based on physical strength. But like I said, very minor point. Not worth calling me an idiot over but you do you I guess

The comment she posts with it says “Not to be whatever but... told you I could lift it.”

You’re imagining meaning. If anything your problem is with Natalie Portman who replies, “Hey muscles, easy with my hammer.”

All of which to say even having an issue with an instagram post of a person holding a prop is dumb to begin with.

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
upload_2020-9-30_22-27-37.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad