Recalled/Assigned: Mrazek up, Coreau/Ouellet down

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
I presume Mrazek goes down when Gus is back. I want Mrazek starting in GR, hopefully we can get a Vancouver dual starter situation. As long as we don't obliterate the value of one with a bad deal.

Ouellet obviously shouldn't be on the Wings yet, hopefully he works hard and improves in GR. Likely will get a call up or two

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Over the months I've really warmed to being excited about what Coreau can bring to the table in the pros.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Over the months I've really warmed to being excited about what Coreau can bring to the table in the pros.

I really like his athleticism, he isn't just a big body blocker of the puck. He moves extremely well for a big man and relies on that athleticism. Obviously we need to coach up some of the technical aspects, but I like starting with an athletic big man rather than just a massive project that has size as his only big selling point.

Many people would be surprised that when Rinne first started in Milwaukee, the most lacking part of his game was the technical aspect and playing his angles. He was an athlete first, I think that is important.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
Detroit Red Wings ‏@DetroitRedWings 32m
NEWS: Wings recall Petr Mrazek, send Ouellet & Coreau to Grand Rapids

Wait... didn't they just call up some of these guys, or had they not been sent down before this point? Losing track of Who's on First and What's on Second....

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
Think they needed them up to be compliant yesterday when placing LTIR money.

That LTIR explanation never made sense. You only need the cushion if you exceed the cap, and adding two players to your total spending (it accrues daily) simply means you will exceed the cap.

Why do they need to exceed the cap?

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
That LTIR explanation never made sense. You only need the cushion if you exceed the cap, and adding two players to your total spending (it accrues daily) simply means you will exceed the cap.

Why do they need to exceed the cap?

I think jaster explained this in the Emmerton/ Roster thread, don't know if you caught it.. let me try to dig it up

edit: it was on the 2nd to last page http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=71825071&postcount=903

So I guess by having certain contracts on and off of our roster, we maximized our LTIR cushion? Am I understanding that right? And now that the season has started and the LTIR stuff has kicked in, we are setting our roster back up for game day? That is what I'm being made to understand.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Yes,Pittsburgh did the same thing. They sent down their two lowest contracts and brought up their highest to maximize what they get for Vokoun being on ltir.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
I think jaster explained this in the Emmerton/ Roster thread, don't know if you caught it.. let me try to dig it up

edit: it was on the 2nd to last page http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=71825071&postcount=903

So I guess by having certain contracts on and off of our roster, we maximized our LTIR cushion? Am I understanding that right? And now that the season has started and the LTIR stuff has kicked in, we are setting our roster back up for game day? That is what I'm being made to understand.

Thanks, Sunshine. I did miss it.

Okay, I see there's some new procedural item... Not sure why the league would do that though. If a player is on LTIR, that's usually a legitimate and serious issue. Why should it matter what they open with at the season. :huh:

Edit: CapGeek also says LTIR remains unchanged from last CBA. Will dig some more.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Thanks, Sunshine. I did miss it.

Okay, I see there's some new procedural item... Not sure why the league would do that though. If a player is on LTIR, that's usually a legitimate and serious issue. Why should it matter what they open with at the season. :huh:

Edit: CapGeek also says LTIR remains unchanged from last CBA. Will dig some more.

I was mistaken, it is not a change. Same verbiage in the old CBA. I don't recall Detroit doing it in the past though. Did we have a season recently where we A) had a player start the year on LTIR, and B) were right near the cap ceiling? I don't recall. But if we didn't, it would make sense that this procedure is new to us as Wings fans.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
I was mistaken, it is not a change. Same verbiage in the old CBA. I don't recall Detroit doing it in the past though. Did we have a season recently where we A) had a player start the year on LTIR, and B) were right near the cap ceiling? I don't recall. But if we didn't, it would make sense that this procedure is new to us as Wings fans.

If it was in the last CBA, then yes, when Jiri Fischer had to stay on LTIR until his contract expired, the Wings would have had start the season with him needing to be placed on LTIR.

Of course, the cap was much lower back then and we had more vets, so it's possible it was being maximized, e.g., they were at the cap max before even considering whom to bring in ostensibly as the replacement or to take that space up.

babcockscowl

Mar 17, 2011
Buffalo NY
meanwhile down in GR

tumblr_mtn58znRW41rgjwupo3_250.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad