Mrazek traded to the Flyers

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
DET guaranteed no less than a 4th round for Mrazek. If PHI makes playoffs and Mrazek wins 5 games for PHI in reg season, 4th becomes a 3rd. If PHI advances to CF, and Mrazek wins six playoff games, the 3rd becomes a 2nd. If PHI re-signs him next season, DET gets PHI 3rd in 19.

That’s the conditions
Not bad all in all

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
  1. Bob McKenzie‏Verified account @TSNBobMcKenzie 52s52 seconds ago
    So the minimum DET gets for Mrazek is a fourth-round pick, that could become a third- or a second-round pick, dependent on how Mrazek/Flyers perform. The additional pick, a third-rounder, is conditional only on Mrazek re-signing in PHI.
    0 replies 8 retweets 7 likes
  2. Show this thread
  3. Bob McKenzie‏Verified account @TSNBobMcKenzie 4m4 minutes ago
    DET guaranteed no less than a 4th round for Mrazek. If PHI makes playoffs and Mrazek wins 5 games for PHI in reg season, 4th becomes a 3rd. If PHI advances to CF, and Mrazek wins six playoff games, the 3rd becomes a 2nd. If PHI re-signs him next season, DET gets PHI 3rd in 19.

Oct 18, 2006
They hold 2M for two months. What the hell are you on about? Retaining on Mrazek means literally nothing. They're just going to sell at the deadline anyway... so retain all you want on him.
Fair call good post, I'm just disappointed how it all unfolded.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
The Wings were not going to give Mrazek a QO in the offseason. It wasn't going to happen. So... shouldn't they get an asset for the guy that literally was going to walk out the door for nothing in two months?

And it still has nothing to do with whether or not they can afford him.

The tandem sucks. It's time to pull the plug.

Aren't you one of the people complaining about Holland's lack of cap space? He's getting the cap space people here so desperately want. People want this team to tank and move anything that's not nailed down. Now that Holland is doing it you don't get to complain. Enjoy the losing.

I want Holland to manage his assets well. I've never been for trading everything for picks, I'm not for buying guys out with more than a year or, at most, two left on their deals, and I don't want to see us retaining on a bunch of guys to facilitate lousy deals. I've said it numerous times that I consider this team pretty much set with what they have, with players locked into their spots because of their deals. While I want more cap space, I don't favor selling low on a guy to get it, especially when I figure it'll likely go to pursuing Dan Hamhuis and Keven Bieksa this summer.

RedWingzz

Everybody loves Raymond
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Disappointed. I have no idea what the goaltending plans are now. I really liked Mrazek, and I've never been a Howard fan. Honestly though, what are the organizations plans going forward in net? Does this mean Howard will get an extension next year? I sure hope not, in his rookie year I said we'd never win a Cup with Howard.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Should have been Howard out the door. We are gonna be kicking ourselves on this one. Just hope petruzelli or Larsen pan out
Kicking ourselves for what? This team needs to start losing big time over the next couple years and focus on developing a better future #1.

Does this mean Howard will get an extension next year? I sure hope not, in his rookie year I said we'd never win a Cup with Howard.

The same rookie year he was a Calder finalist? sure bud.

Reactions: Oddbob and ShelbyZ

RedWingzz

Everybody loves Raymond
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Should have been Howard out the door. We are gonna be kicking ourselves on this one. Just hope petruzelli or Larsen pan out

I really hope Mrazek is a Vezina contender in 3 or 4 years. Holland continues shows an inability to manage a team in a cap world.

RedWingzz

Everybody loves Raymond
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Kicking ourselves for what? This team needs to start losing big time over the next couple years and focus on developing a better future #1.

Uhh...what about the next 3-4 years? Have you seen Jared Coreau play nets? This realistically means Jimmy is gonna get a 2 or 3 year deal next offseason. I dunno about you, but I am sure not happy with a Howard and Coreau tandem for the next 4 years.

Reactions: 14ari13

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

That’s the conditions

So, we're hoping Mrazek becomes the goalie we hoped he could be so we'll reap a 2nd & 3rd from it. I'd almost rather Mrazek not meet those conditions.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007

Kicking ourselves because we just have a top 5-10 goalie away for peanuts. Kids gonna be great for philly

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Disappointed with the outcome of Pete's tenure as a Wing. Really loved him and thought he was going to be a perennial top 8 goalie. I'm glad we got something out of him and I think the conditions make it pretty good if he performs, which honestly I think Pete could be a big factor come playoff time with a chip on his shoulder.

This is one that could come back to bite us in the ass or end up looking like the Brendan Smith trade in a couple years.

RedWingzz

Everybody loves Raymond
Apr 14, 2009
Canada

I didn't like him as a rookie? Never liked Howard, always claimed he was never good enough to win. Looks like I was spot on with this one.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Uhh...what about the next 3-4 years? Have you seen Jared Coreau play nets? This realistically means Jimmy is gonna get a 2 or 3 year deal next offseason. I dunno about you, but I am sure not happy with a Howard and Coreau tandem for the next 4 years.

This team needs high draft picks the next 3-4 years. That's a good tandem to have for that reason.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

Or we sign Brian Elliot or the next Scott Darling or try to get Aaron Dell or any number of possible goalies on the market.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
And it still has nothing to do with whether or not they can afford him.

I want Holland to manage his assets well. I've never been for trading everything for picks, I'm not for buying guys out with more than a year or, at most, two left on their deals, and I don't want to see us retaining on a bunch of guys to facilitate lousy deals. I've said it numerous times that I consider this team pretty much set with what they have, with players locked into their spots because of their deals. While I want more cap space, I don't favor selling low on a guy to get it, especially when I figure it'll likely go to pursuing Dan Hamhuis and Keven Bieksa this summer.

I didn't say anything about being able to afford him. The fact is, he was out of town in April no matter what. It was pretty clear that the Wings soured on him before the year even started.

Also, I really don't think this is selling low on Mrazek. I just think he's more the guy he's been for two years than the guy we saw in late 14-15 and early 15-16. That he's more Jim Carey than Carey Price. Frankly, I think it's silly that Philly could potentially be giving up a 2nd and a 3rd for him when they literally could have waited two months and gotten him for free when we didn't qualify him.

Reactions: ShelbyZ

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
So, we're hoping Mrazek becomes the goalie we hoped he could be so we'll reap a 2nd & 3rd from it. I'd almost rather Mrazek not meet those conditions.

If Mrazek wins 6 playoff games Detroit gets a 2nd.
So...that would mean Philly makes the final 8.

50th overall is what you get for a goalie who makes the final 8.
Since 1969, there have been 48 NHL Entry Drafts. Of the 48 50th-overall picks, 8 of them played 300 NHL games.

So you've got a 1/6 shot at getting a 300 game NHLer.

Reactions: 14ari13

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
A lot of people here either really don't care if the team is good, Holland has done nothing but run people out of the front office hand out complete bullshit contracts, Lied his ass off about what his plans where for the shit D he has built, He has no clue what he is doing, where our team is headed, or what to do too right the wrongs he has made. He keeps digging a deeper and deeper hole in hopes of getting back to the teams he was handed. He is with out a doubt the single biggest threat to our team and needs to go now. I have no trust in him to make any good picks with any picks he gets.

Reactions: RedWingzz

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Since 1969, there have been 48 NHL Entry Drafts. Of the 48 50th-overall picks, 8 of them played 300 NHL games.

So you've got a 1/6 shot at getting a 300 game NHLer.

Yep, and that's why Holland is trying to acquire as many draft picks as possible.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Face it.
This coach and roster is designed to lose for Team USA in the opening medal round of the World Championships.
That's what this team is about these days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->