Mrazek starts @ Minnesota Sunday Nyquist sent down

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
One could argue about how valuable many college degrees are that normal, non-athlete people get..

The reality is that the mere presence of a B.A./B.Sc. next to your name extends the jobs section in the newspaper considerably especially for low- to mid-level clerical work, regardless of what you actually learned there.

we like our team*

this thread will now derail into a long argument about college

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Ken Holland logic: Nyquist plays bad because he has had no time to adjust and just got out of a three hour drive.

"DERR BETTER SEND HIM BACK DOWN. HE WILL SURLY BECOME A BETTER NHL PLAYER BY PLAYING IN THE AHL"

Wait, so Holland has direct say over who Babcock decides to play? So like, if Babcock states, "I'm not going to play Nyquist because Samuelsson/Datsyuk/bucket of pucks is coming back, so you should probably send him back to Grand Rapids," Holland can just tell him, "**** you man, play Nyquist because I don't want to send him down; besides, he's better than a good majority of the crusty, old, practically useless scrubs you insist on playing every night?"

Man, I never knew.

CloneHakanPlease*

Wait, so Holland has direct say over who Babcock decides to play? So like, if Babcock states, "I'm not going to play Nyquist because Samuelsson/Datsyuk/bucket of pucks is coming back, so you should probably send him back to Grand Rapids," Holland can just tell him, "**** you man, play Nyquist because I don't want to send him down; besides, he's better than a good majority of the crusty, old, practically useless scrubs you insist on playing every night?"

Man, I never knew.

Holland could demote one of Babcock's boys if he really wanted to. He is partly to blame for this too. Or have you convienantly forgotten how he overruled Babcock and kept Smith down last season?

Maybe you should cut the sarcasm, and you'd finally be aware of the situation. ;)

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Holland could demote one of Babcock's boys if he really wanted to. He is partly to blame for this too. Or have you convienantly forgotten how he overruled Babcock and kept Smith down last season?

Who would Holland demote that's not on a one-way or waiver exempt contract? Remember how the new waiver rules work:

Capgeek.com said:
BURIED CONTRACTS (Wade Redden Rule)
Money paid to players outside of the NHL counts against the cap.
A one-way contract counts against the cap as follows:
cap hit – [ minimum salary + $375,000 ] Example: If Wade Redden plays in the minors in 2012-13, he counts as follows.
$6.5M – [ $525,000 + $375,000 ] = $5.6M

Maybe you should cut the sarcasm, and you'd finally be aware of the situation. ;)

Oh, I'm well aware of the situation, and sarcasm is my coping mechanism. :D

Last edited:

CloneHakanPlease*

Who would Holland demote that's not on a one-way or waiver exempt contract? Remember how the new waiver rules work:

Oh, I'm well aware of the situation, and sarcasm is my coping mechanism. :D

So? We have cap space to send a guy down

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad