Mrazek on the Bounce Back

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Petr Mrazek has been playing much more like his all-star form leading the Detroit Red Wings to all five points in their last three games. He received help from his teammates in a 4-3 win over the New York Islanders, namely Danny DeKeyser who played pinball to score the winner with less than 30 seconds remaining.

Mrazek then followed up that victory with his best game in a calendar year as he shut out the Nashville Predators. He recorded 42 saves in his first shut out since February 8th, 2015. Although in a loss, Mrazek played well against Columbus after allowing two first period goals to turn in another solid outing. So, is Mrazek rebounding, or providing false hope for fans?

http://lastwordonhockey.com/2017/02/08/petr-mrazek-could-bounce-back/

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
This is a little premature given his abysmal play.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
2 good games. 3 bad games

Maybe you can turn one of the bad into an "average game" but that's unlikely

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
These LWOS articles always point out to me just how much I hate blind statistic pulling.

There was one that used PDO and whatever its component stats are to predict a turnaround for someone, but just said "His PDO is x. That means x"

This one "Mrazek has a sv% of .974 on low danger shots and has given up 7 low danger chances"

Generally, the articles always seem to follow the same script

-Clickbaity headline
-Advanced stat nonsense that technically is correct but is put in zero context.
-Ending with "If X, X, and X happen that are all unrelated to the advanced stat nonsense, then clickbaity headline could happen"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad