Mr Vegas, Wayne Newton, and Lil Jon unveiled new VGK third gold jerseys; plus 4th reds

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Cheap knockoff of the current Coyotes jersey design with a color change..... :naughty: Yotes are hinting hard they’re dropping them for the original kachina design anyway so there won’t be any confusion.

They’ll sell a gazillion of them.

Last edited:

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Went to team store to get gold jersey today. Want it customized (to existing player on roster). 12 weeks they say for customization (which would make it not available until after Christmas; early January to be specific.)

Gonna be popular. (And guessing they are trying to ensure folks know it might not be available for Christmas.)

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I think they'd look better if they used the Penguins other gold on the jerseys (I don't know how to post pictures).

Google Image Result for https://pittsburghhockey.net/old-site/PensPages/PensJerseyHistory/Pensjerseyimages/02Home.jpg

That would have looked nice, but that shade/fabric hasn't been available since the switch to the Edge jerseys and I haven't seen anything to indicate that's changed. The 'real' vegas gold on those Pens jerseys was sharp and good...the nearly flat beige that RBK replaced it with significantly less so.

I like this a decent bit, but I'm a sucker for gold jerseys. I love Pittsburgh's, I love LA's throwbacks, I love Nashville's, I even really liked Nashville's old alternates that everyone hated. This would have been a good chance for an alternate logo to make an appearance, though I'm not a fan of Vegas's actual alternate logo so I guess whatever.

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
That would have looked nice, but that shade/fabric hasn't been available since the switch to the Edge jerseys and I haven't seen anything to indicate that's changed. The 'real' vegas gold on those Pens jerseys was sharp and good...the nearly flat beige that RBK replaced it with significantly less so.

I like this a decent bit, but I'm a sucker for gold jerseys. I love Pittsburgh's, I love LA's throwbacks, I love Nashville's, I even really liked Nashville's old alternates that everyone hated. This would have been a good chance for an alternate logo to make an appearance, though I'm not a fan of Vegas's actual alternate logo so I guess whatever.

Did you like this as well?

GettyImages-1708828.jpg

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Did you like this as well?

[pooh bear jersey]

No, but not because of the color.

That is some nasty-ass trim and logo design. Now replace the black accents with brown, make the trim and yoke more reasonable, and use a quality bear logo (more stoic Montana Grizzlies-esque and less mid-90s era UCLA smiling bruin) and that jersey would at least appeal to me, even if everyone else would complain :laugh:
Boston's 2010 Winter Classic jerseys are my favorite Bruins jersey and I'm probably alone in that thought.

I hated the winnie the pooh jerseys.
In fact, all of those 1995 third jerseys were awful

The less said about the alternates our teams debuted there, the better. Pretty much all-around for that 1995-96 class of alternates.

I never liked the robopenguin, but I despise every single element of that first alternate jersey. I'm jealous of the too shameful to wear beyond 1996 class...I can't handle the robopenguin being retro chic now.

Reactions: Lt Dan

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
No, but not because of the color.

That is some nasty-ass trim and logo design. Now replace the black accents with brown, make the trim and yoke more reasonable, and use a quality bear logo (more stoic Montana Grizzlies-esque and less mid-90s era UCLA smiling bruin) and that jersey would at least appeal to me, even if everyone else would complain :laugh:
Boston's 2010 Winter Classic jerseys are my favorite Bruins jersey and I'm probably alone in that thought.

The less said about the alternates our teams debuted there, the better. Pretty much all-around for that 1995-96 class of alternates.

I never liked the robopenguin, but I despise every single element of that first alternate jersey. I'm jealous of the too shameful to wear beyond 1996 class...I can't handle the robopenguin being retro chic now.
I think the robo penguin was one of the better ones

I loved the old Canuck skate logo and wish they never got rid of it, but it was so bad in red
1*d34VQX_Mqica4dAF0B83Rw.jpeg

and that is before even mentioning the Burger King jersey or the Ducks' wild wing one

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad