TV: Mr. Robot (USA Network)

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
White Rose was f***ing insane. She believed her machine worked (I doubt it did), and that she would either still be alive in a new perfect world, or didn't want to live in the current one.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I think the show ended up being about mental illness and less about seeing the protagonist 'win'. that said I like how we did get that kind of 'win' like four episodes ago with the meeting scene and hacking all of them, then after that it was kind of wrapping up the whole mental health aspect and questions that people had. I don't know if we're supposed to feel like he actually 'won' and made the world so safe but he did stop the machine and then he gave up control to the "real" elliott which was cathartic. Only thing I wonder about is what happened with tyrell in the forest
I think he was just a normal dude who died in the woods

Reactions: tealhockey

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I think he was just a normal dude who died in the woods
Yes, he died. There was nothing left unanswered with that one. Tyrell was obsessed with seeking attention and power, and he saw Elliot like a messiah that could literally bring these things to him since Elliot was a genius and was actually pulling off his plans to "change the world".

Reactions: ucanthanzalthetruth

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Whiterose’s machine was a Macguffin - it never mattered whether it worked or not because this show was never going to go full sci-fi. It was a plot device used to convey how completely batshit Whiterose was, and it never mattered what Angela saw, because ultimately the result was that she was manipulated by Whiterose. We can all imagine I’m sure that Whiterose showed her some kind of simulated fake world where her parents were still alive and she was so desperate to believe it, she went along with Whiterose.

I’m really happy with how the show turned out. Ultimately, the story being told was smaller-scale than what it appeared to be. The show was about Elliot’s suppression of his trauma, and how he created other personalities to deal with it. I also loved the show for the hacking and thriller components, which were what served to drive the story, but ultimately they weren’t the show’s true purpose.

If I have a complaint about the show, it would probably be that sometimes the expository pieces where info about Elliot was revealed felt kind of overwrought - like the scenes had to work a bit too hard to tell us what was going on, rather than conveying the information in a more subtle way.

This is one of the best shows I’ve seen this year though for sure. I liked S1 and 2, but I loved 3 and 4.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
I definitely can see how much people love the two part finale, but it was a little less than I expected and wanted. The series and this season in particular were great, so I'm not going to let the finale take that away. Bonus points to Esmail for taking an idea that was supposed to be a movie, extending into a four season series and never losing his way in telling that story.

Reactions: LatvianTwist

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
I definitely can see how much people love the two part finale, but it was a little less than I expected and wanted. The series and this season in particular were great, so I'm not going to let the finale take that away. Bonus points to Esmail for taking an idea that was supposed to be a movie, extending into a four season series and never losing his way in telling that story.

It’s wild to think that this was originally going to be a 2 hour movie - I’d imagine that if it had been a movie, most of the content would’ve been season 1 and 4, but this show was so dense with material that I’m glad we got 45 episodes instead of 2 hours.

Reactions: Preds Partisan

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
Watched the first two episodes when they were first airing and fell off due to not having the channel to watch it regularly, anyhow I’ve marathoned the first 3 seasons over the past couple of weeks whilst reading the discussion that occurred here while they were airing. I truly believe season 3 to be the best season of any television show I’ve ever watched, and I’ve watched most of the critical darlings popular amongst tv fans. Unreal show

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
This show lost me a little bit after season 2. While the show was always well done, there was just always a feeling that I had no idea what was going on. I always wanted to continue it, but always had other shows above it on my list.

Watched season 3 over the past 2 weeks and it was absolutely amazing. I've really been missing out.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Season 1: 8/10
season 2: 6/10 (boring, show nearly lost me on this season)
season 3: 9/10
season 4: 8/10
Bumping this again because I just finished up the series. So glad I got back into it after almost giving up after season 2 (I agree with these ratings except season 4 was also 9/10).

I was enjoying the last couple episodes when it looked like the machine actually worked, I thought that would have been an interesting way to go, but the way it ended up was also great.
Probably ends up being a top 5 drama of all time for me

Last edited:
Reactions: ucanthanzalthetruth

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
Bumping this again because I just finished up the series. So glad I got back into it after almost giving up after season 2 (I agree with these ratings except season 4 was also 9/10).
I was enjoying the last couple episodes when it looked like the machine actually worked, I thought that would have been an interesting way to go, but the way it ended up was also great.
Probably ends up being a top 5 drama of all time for me
agreed for sure. I bet there's a lot of people who dropped after season 1/2, most of the people I know did

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Got Amazon Prime the other day so I started watching this. Why the hell is Rami Maleks mouth always hanging open but he barely moves it when he talks?

He's playing someone who is incredibly awkward socially. Elliot definitely changes and grows over the series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->