TV: Mr. Robot (USA Network)

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
How so? Outside of wondering how the **** anyone gets any sleep, it makes sense to slow the timeline way, way down.
I just mean the amount of stuff that has happened in a 24-hour span. And the yes the lack of sleep is part of that lol.

Like he’s hooking up with that girl then he’s back at his apartment then he drives upstate with Tyrell then they’re walking all night then they’re driving back to NYC then he’s breaking in to Virtual Realty then he’s running from the cops then he’s back at the girl’s apartment before 3:30PM then Darlene’s kidnapped then he’s kidnapped lol. Then there’s all the walking, running, getting hit by a car, falling off cliffs, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: LatvianTwist

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Elliot doesn't sleep much (in spurts), that has been a thing since season 1 when he was Elliot by day and Mr. Robot by night pretty often.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Actually he slept at least a little bit at Olivia's, now that I'm recalling that episode.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
There's definitely going to be a big game-changing event in the next episode - Whiterose seems *mostly* beaten, yet there are 4 episodes left. The rest of the show will probably hit on a) whatever Whiterose's project is (some kind of AI it seems) and b) the "3rd" personality of Elliot's.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Probably the worst episode of the series, 80's romantic comedy themed, really? And they completely misused Bobby Cannavale this season (assuming that's his only appearance, which I think it was).

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
2 hour double episode series finale next week

I think the hoodie Elliot at the end is the alternate personality that's been hinted at

Reactions: tealhockey

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
That was a wild episode. I don't have a clue what the ending for this show will entail, but I'm here for it.

The scene between Elliot and Whiterose was brilliant. Esmail's subtle directing and the long, passionate monologues from both of them were a treat to watch.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I also lost it at this scene. A nice laugh in a pretty serious episode.

b1e5i2d86b641.png

czoar8qggb641.png

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I didn't like it as much as the internet appears to:

What did Angela see to make her believe Whiterose? Did her machine work if given a chance? And most importantly, the ending is supposed to be happy with "real Elliott" waking up to a safe world, but your best friend/lover is dead, all your friends are dead, and you’re at least an accessory to the murder of a few thousand people. But you were able to work through your trauma, maybe?

I nailed it last week too, at least:
2 hour double episode series finale next week

I think the hoodie Elliot at the end is the alternate personality that's been hinted at

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
So White Rose machine was real, why did she even put Eliot in that room if he had a chance to stop it?
In a similar vein, a multi-billion dollar machine can be stopped by successfully completing a 1991 computer game? I enjoyed the show but lots was left unanswered.

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
In a similar vein, a multi-billion dollar machine can be stopped by successfully completing a 1991 computer game? I enjoyed the show but lots was left unanswered.
she wasn't exactly operating with the typical logic we might expect the average megalomaniac villain-type to have. time and time again she displayed that she was willing to cede priority to elliott's whim. It also kind of fits that she believed so much in fate and that the machine would work and so had no problem killing herself because the alternative wasn't really something viable for her at that point anyway

Crychek

Feb 1, 2008
Montreal
I didn't like it as much as the internet appears to:

I agree, i feel terribly unsatisfied with the end results.

Whats irks me is why did White Rose kill herself? If another universe exists where there's a White Rose living the perfect life, what does killing herself in this universe will achieve? It's not like she was gonna take the place of that other White Rose if she's dead? I mean White Rose is dead in this universe and the other universe still goes on with the other White Rose. So what was the point of the machine? I would understand if she was tying to attempt what Eliot did by high jacking his other self, except she killed herself?

Reactions: ucanthanzalthetruth

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I agree, i feel terribly unsatisfied with the end results.

Whats irks me is why did White Rose kill herself? If another universe exists where there's a White Rose living the perfect life, what does killing herself in this universe will achieve? It's not like she was gonna take the place of that other White Rose if she's dead? I mean White Rose is dead in this universe and the other universe still goes on with the other White Rose. So what was the point of the machine? I would understand if she was tying to attempt what Eliot did by high jacking his other self, except she killed herself?

She believed so fully in the concept that she wanted to be free from her own pain and suffering. Remember, she is psychotic and denies reality. The show is about delusions and nearly every character has one.

Mr Robot has always been about Elliot's DID and how it impacts those around him. Esmail stuck the landing and created a top 5 all time show, easily. It would have been so easy to go with tropey, lame garbage with what he set up but instead it was something much better.

I know the concept of the machine is intriguing, but it's not at all essential to the show.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
she wasn't exactly operating with the typical logic we might expect the average megalomaniac villain-type to have. time and time again she displayed that she was willing to cede priority to elliott's whim. It also kind of fits that she believed so much in fate and that the machine would work and so had no problem killing herself because the alternative wasn't really something viable for her at that point anyway
Even if you view it that way, I feel the whole
"the world is a safe place now for the real Elliot" thing was my main issue. Like all his friends and his crush and girlfriend is dead, but he beat a company and bonded with his sister so it's all good" just isn't something I can wrap my head around, when the Eliot we know signs off it reminds me of:

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
Even if you view it that way, I feel the whole
"the world is a safe place now for the real Elliot" thing was my main issue. Like all his friends and his crush and girlfriend is dead, but he beat a company and bonded with his sister so it's all good" just isn't something I can wrap my head around, when the Eliot we know signs off it reminds me of:

I think the show ended up being about mental illness and less about seeing the protagonist 'win'. that said I like how we did get that kind of 'win' like four episodes ago with the meeting scene and hacking all of them, then after that it was kind of wrapping up the whole mental health aspect and questions that people had. I don't know if we're supposed to feel like he actually 'won' and made the world so safe but he did stop the machine and then he gave up control to the "real" elliott which was cathartic. Only thing I wonder about is what happened with tyrell in the forest

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad