TV: Mr. Robot (USA Network)

Mar 1, 2002
That was the best episode since season 1.

"Don't mistake my generosity......for generosity." Great line.

Slater was great in the scene with the Dr. as well.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Personal preference, but I thought this episode was waaaay better than the first. I was honestly disappointed in the opening episode, but this one was very good giving some direction to the story line.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Good ep, but I think it could've been a 20 minute episode opening rather than a whole episode, no? Nice to finally be informed of the timeline we were missing, though.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Next week is a continuous shot episode that's commercial free

Im ready for stage 2

Reactions: irunthepeg

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I maintain that Angela is low-key the most interesting character on this show, and I think Portia Doubleday does a great job with her. They sort of limit Slater and Malek, though, in the sense that they don't really let Slater be Elliott or Malek be Mr. Robot.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Curious to see what they do with Tyrell. Whiterose set that up brilliantly for him if you think about it.

canuckster19

Former CDC Mod
Sep 23, 2008
Gothenburg Sweden
I'm reminded of the beginning of Half-Life 2; The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world, so wake up Dr Freeman, wake up and smell the ashes.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
@silverfish @Blender @irunthepeg I have been confused as hell and need help. Wasn't the bomb planted specifically in that building? How did simply shifting the records around cause the buildings to blow up, when the boms weren't in the record boxes? Idk what i missed lol

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
@silverfish @Blender @irunthepeg I have been confused as hell and need help. Wasn't the bomb planted specifically in that building? How did simply shifting the records around cause the buildings to blow up, when the boms weren't in the record boxes? Idk what i missed lol

Whirerose/Irving/DA learned of Elliot's deceit (moving the records) and then enlisted Tyrell to help attack each storage facility. Tyrell can be seen marking them on the map during the cabin episode. It was likely a backup plan all along, and by keeping up the deception that the records were actually in the building, they duped Mr Robot into protecting the building while also keeping Elliot busy. Elliot actually told E-Corp several times that their plan to consolidate records was dangerous. Ultimately, it lead to records being sent to much less secure facilities, and probably got a lot more people killed. It's possible the DA used a Stuxnet style attack on the 71 facilities, similar in nature to the planned attack (UPS backups), so it might not have been necessary to deliver 71 physical bombs.

“After Mr. Alderson completes the great work we need from him, then he can die for us, just like his father,”

Angela got her revenge, but at much greater cost than she was anticipating
Darlene hid the attack from the FBI, she's in deep shit
Mr Robot's revolution has been perverted by the DA for Chinese gain (Bitcoin)
Elliot undid the world with 5/9 and now has indirectly made it much worse
Tyrell has to convince the FBI he was held against his will, likely to protect his child

Tease us up for next week, Kor. Where on earth does Mr. Robot go from here?
I'll tell you. The human condition is a straight-up tragedy, cuz.

f*** yeah, more Leon please

Last edited:

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
There were no bombs. They were going to overload the servers and cause an explosion. Elliott got blinded protecting one building and forgot about all the other ones.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->