Movies: Mr. Dressup: The Magic Of Make-Believe

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
When I saw this on Prime I could not wait to watch it. Like most people of a certain age I watched his show growing up. He was also good friends with Mister Rogers believe it or not.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
I always found the show unrealistic. Casey stayed 4 1/2 years-old throughout the run of the series and had his own pad.

My Best-Carey

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Grew up with the show, and I actually remember having creepy nightmares wondering what the hell happened to that kid in the treehouse. The treehouse thing was still there, looming over everything being done in the foreground, but after a certain point, he was never seen again.

Also remember being consistently bored to tears by Fred Penner's Place afterwards.

Last edited:

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
When I saw this on Prime I could not wait to watch it. Like most people of a certain age I watched his show growing up. He was also good friends with Mister Rogers believe it or not.
If I remember correctly, Mister Rogers worked for the CBC maybe even underneath Ernie Coombs before going back to America and starting his own show.

Edit - just looked it up and Coombs was Rogers assistant puppeteer. They had previously worked together in Pittsburgh.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad