MPS vs Jamie Benn

asmodeanreborn

Jun 14, 2010
Longmont, CO
I find this question weird. You take two talented players, and ask the question right when one of them has broken out... why not wait a few years instead?

Other almost equally relevant questions:
Strome or Mike Richards?
Stastny or RNH?
Lundqvist or Campbell?
Enstrom or Ellis?

Anybody who picks Pajaarvi over Benn right now would have to be a homer.

Wheatking

Sep 25, 2006
Benn hands down, if MPS hits his peak then he might be better in the end but it hasn't looked that great, hopefully MPS turns it around.

Hopefully he turns it around? What's wrong with 11 goals and 28 points from a 19 year old rookie playing his first 70 games in North America? Especially when you look how good his defensive play has been. He may be the Oilers 3rd best rookie but he's 14th in NHL rookie scoring. That's respectable. Of the 13 rookies with more points, only Hall, Skinner and Fowler are younger.

Anyone talking about Paajarvi like he's struggling probably hasnt been watching him. He got off to a slow start but 22 of his 28 points have come since December.

I like Benn and have no problem with people preferring him but I expect a 25 year old Paajarvi to be better than a 25 year old Benn.

ZDatsZuke

This year, maybe
Mar 23, 2010
I have a feeling that this tread will come back to haunt some people. MPS 19 years old, first year in NA, on the worst team. Been good on defense, scored some and with lots of potential. I like Benn and picked him for my fantasy team cus i thought he would break out this year, but in the end i think Paajarvi will be the better player. (Just a feeling:naughty:)

Wheatking

Sep 25, 2006
I have a feeling that this tread will come back to haunt some people. MPS 19 years old, first year in NA, on the worst team. Been good on defense, scored some and with lots of potential. I like Benn and picked him for my fantasy team cus i thought he would break out this year, but in the end i think Paajarvi will be the better player. (Just a feeling:naughty:)

They're also in completely different roles. Paajarvi spent almost the entire season on the 3rd line with very little powerplay time. His ice time stats are getting inflated now with all the injuries and Penner being traded but it hasn't been this way all season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad