OT: Moving to Ottawa

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
as it says, I’m moving in September, Kanata to be precise, to be upfront I’m a Habs fan but don’t hold it against me as we both seem to be bottom of every survey right now, any advice on areas near transit, restaurants etc?

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I used to live in Kanata, so I know it pretty well. There’s lot of restaurants in the Kanata centrum. I’m not sure how many grocery stores are there now, but I’m sure you’ll be fine in that department. What part of Kanata are you moving to? If you’re commuting downtown for work you can do the park and ride at Eagleson or Terry Fox.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Kanata bus service is frustrating away from the transit corridor (417). Will you be working or studying in the city? If you are a 9-5er, you might be fine with the local routes that bring you to the corridor. If you like to have any control over when you leave and come home, get a place near Centrum or Eagleson park & ride.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Bridgehead coffee

Supply and Demand dinners

Pink Fuzz beer

It’s okay to boo Dany Heatley but we’re over Alexie Yashin.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Luckily you've decided to move to Kanata. It's easily the best part of the city.

Pump the brakes there, Super Chief. While the west is clearly best in Ottawa I don't think i'd praise Kanata as the best in the west. Their Costco doesn't even have a gas station and none of their breweries makes a decent IPA.

Reactions: 18Hossa

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
booooooooo!!

West side sucks!
5Lv9.gif

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
You should move to Montreal, Toronto or Vancouver where the men aren't henpecked. If I could I would but my wife won't let me.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Luckily you've decided to move to Kanata. It's easily the best part of the city.
Dows lake close to somerset, bank street, Elgin, lebreton(future sens), lansdowne, Preston and of course dows lake...says hello

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Last time I checked Untapped, there was two Ottawa area breweries in the Canadian Top-5.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->