Moving Forward Without Josi in the Lineup

jstreet

LETS GO PREDS
Jan 15, 2004
FL via Nashville
www.twitter.com
Agreed, I was going to say the same thing. If there is any reason to be worried about the D it is Bartley for me. He has really been noticeable to me and for all the wrong reasons unfortunately.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
Ellis will come in and do well. Just because you are small doesn't mean you can't play. Hopefully with new staff he has been tought how to use his angles and positioning better. He will also bring some offense and creativity to the backend like Jones has. Pair him with Klein to help get the puck moving and out.

Weber/Jones
Klein/Ellis
Elkholm/Bartley

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Agreed, I was going to say the same thing. If there is any reason to be worried about the D it is Bartley for me. He has really been noticeable to me and for all the wrong reasons unfortunately.
Agreed.

Although I do again worry about Ellis size and speed. It's ok not to have one but not to have either is usually too big a hurdle.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
We're less than 24 hours from seeing what kind of professional survival instinct Ellis possesses. He'll play protected ES minutes. We need to play disciplined hockey to ensure that and if we can draw a few penalties to give him some PP time he'll be in position to succeed.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
We could potentially be in some trouble these next few games. Klein looks like he is back to his sucktastic ways and Bartley has looked pedestrian. I am also worried about Pekka. I just haven't like the way he has looked between the pipes.

Our special teams are the real problem right now.

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
We could potentially be in some trouble these next few games. Klein looks like he is back to his sucktastic ways and Bartley has looked pedestrian. I am also worried about Pekka. I just haven't like the way he has looked between the pipes.

Our special teams are the real problem right now.

Pekka was not allowed to practice until the first day of camp. He looked somewhat shaky still on Sunday, but you saw a progression as the practice went on. Today he was solid and much more confident in his movements. No doubt he's still working back into form, but by no means should anyone doubt that he will progress.

nashpreds

Sep 13, 2008
Toronto
Does anybody know if there are any decent UFA defensemen still out there? Poile's going to have to do something through either a signing or trade in my opinion. I highly doubt we can move forward with this defense corps if we want to stay competitive.

I believe guys like Carlo Colaiacovo (injury prone) and Filip Kuba are still available, they could be half decent veteran signings.

Bartley's looked bad so far, so has Klein. Ekholm has been pretty good, but him and Ellis seems like a top line AHL pairing at best. I think management better look at some options.

Nashville Transplant

Feb 28, 2013
Nash/LA
No, but I did see Bogosian and Burimistrov's rookie campaigns. Smith's too. Not every rookie burns out, but a good bit do. Hope you're right! :nod:

Bogo's rookie season was far less baptism under fire than Doughty. Pietrangelo as well... (ah, we were one goal away from Stamkos... but it's hard to be disappointed with Doughty...)

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
With Josi now out for an undetermined amount of time, I'd like for the Preds to take a flyer on Postma from Peg. I saw on the trades board that he may be available. Maybe a mid-round pick or Spaling headed the other way. Postma is a decent 6th/7th PMD who's young and can benefit from a change in scenery and system.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Am I the only one who thinks Ekholm looks worse than Bartley? Including the preseason, I think Bartley is basically status quo to last season in terms of performance; Ekholm has improved but is still not awesome.

darth5

No!
Mar 28, 2002
Smashville, TN
I seriously doubt Jones plays opposite Weber exclusively. I think we will see some mixing and matching going on based on who the Wild put out there in the opener where you get last change. How it is handled on the road will depend on how things go tonight.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
If Jones and Weber can develop chemisty, Josi-Klein is a KILLER second pairing. This could be a blessing in disguise if Josi heals up 100% and Weber/Jones play well together.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
If Jones and Weber can develop chemisty, Josi-Klein is a KILLER second pairing. This could be a blessing in disguise if Josi heals up 100% and Weber/Jones play well together.

Agreed. 25 mins of Jones-Weber, 22 mins of Josi-Klein would be 47 mins of hell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->