Moving back to ice

Ti-girl

Jan 29, 2005
Merida, Mexico
well it really depends on the fit.

Personally, the Easton boots are too shallow for me, so I wear RBKs. My suggestion is to go to your LHS and try on a whack load and go from there.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
After years coughdecadescough of roller, I'm going back to ice hockey.

I'm looking at some Easton skates, anyone want to give me some pros and cons?

I wear Mission inline.

I have used dozens of skates over the last 10 years.

In '96 they stopped making Megas, and I haven't found any skates I truly love (until last year).

When Nike bought out Bauer, their skates became total garbage.

So for years I bought used Bauer skates ( Pre- Nike)

Last year my g/f got me a pair of Easton Synergy 1300c...

I took them out of the box and my jaw dropped - they where light as a feather... the boot is a one piece mold (this is huge from a comfort stand point).

Then when I got on the ice I fell in LOVE.

I have used just about every major skate on the market, and the Synergy 1300c blows them all away.

If you have the money and can still find them (they aren't being made anymore) - do yourself a favor and grab a pair.

You will never regret it.

Ti-girl

Jan 29, 2005
Merida, Mexico
I have used dozens of skates over the last 10 years.

In '96 they stopped making Megas, and I haven't found any skates I truly love (until last year).

When Nike bought out Bauer, their skates became total garbage.

So for years I bought used Bauer skates ( Pre- Nike)

Last year my g/f got me a pair of Easton Synergy 1300c...

I took them out of the box and my jaw dropped - they where light as a feather... the boot is a one piece mold (this is huge from a comfort stand point).

Then when I got on the ice I fell in LOVE.

I have used just about every major skate on the market, and the Synergy 1300c blows them all away.

If you have the money and can still find them (they aren't being made anymore) - do yourself a favor and grab a pair.

You will never regret it.

Yeah I grew up on CCMs until last year when I found the RBKs that fit just like the CCMs but I got the 9k pumps. :yo:

the_pen_is_mightier

Aug 16, 2006
Don't be set on the name on the skate; go with what fits and feels good.

....however, if I were to throw out a name; GRAF. ;)

Greeneye

May 17, 2006
Golden, CO
I have Easton's and I love them. Love. I have the 1500c's, not sure if you are looking to spend that much.

1500 Pro's:
Protection
Fit - I have weird, wide, flat feet.
Weight - they are the lightest.

Con's
Price
The footbeds are a bit too high, I replaced mine with Superfeet.

Slick

Oct 17, 2005
Western Mass
I had a pair of Easton's for a day until I returned them for my Bauer's. They didn't fit right, which was a huge problem, but that's a personal thing you might find Easton's that fit you great.

The thing I hated about them was the blade seemed to be clicking in it's holder, like it wasn't locked in there tight. I don't know if this is common for all Eastons (these were Z-Air's).

As others said, don't be set on a skate brand, every brand will fit differently. It's more important to get the skate that fits your foot the best than to buy your favorite brand! (I'm sure you know that).

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I had a pair of Easton's for a day until I returned them for my Bauer's. They didn't fit right, which was a huge problem, but that's a personal thing you might find Easton's that fit you great.

The thing I hated about them was the blade seemed to be clicking in it's holder, like it wasn't locked in there tight. I don't know if this is common for all Eastons (these were Z-Air's).

As others said, don't be set on a skate brand, every brand will fit differently. It's more important to get the skate that fits your foot the best than to buy your favorite brand! (I'm sure you know that).
Yeah, I was more asking about dependability than actual fit.

I used to wear Bauer skates on ice but I've heard so many negative things on their new line unless you spend 400+.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->