OT: Movies are basically flipbooks for adults (The Newly Annual Non-Pens Media Thraed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorry

May 18, 2005
Watched Paths of Glory last night.

Is this only about movies? Or can we talk about Smash Bros?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I've spent a lot of my life watching these 3 farts.

Can it be January yet?

Anyone taking bets on Hammond almost killing himself this season?

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
I've spent a lot of my life watching these 3 farts.

Can it be January yet?

Anyone taking bets on Hammond almost killing himself this season?

I’m with you I’ve watched every season of Top Gear and love the Grand Tour. And I’ll be honest I’m to my core jealous of their friendship and experience. I can not wait for the next season of their show.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I’m with you I’ve watched every season of Top Gear and love the Grand Tour. And I’ll be honest I’m to my core jealous of their friendship and experience. I can not wait for the next season of their show.
I have two very good friends like that. The three of us all live in different countries now, but we try to meet up for an F1 racing event at least once a year if not, just in a tropical place. Some how, of the three I some how ended up being called the Hammond of group because I'm shorter than the other 2.

Sorry

May 18, 2005
Nintendo is killing it. Between BotW and the new Smash, wow. It feels like 1998 again.

Btw, gotta get the Reggie armor in world of light lol. You move so slow but it one hit smash for any opponent.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
I have two very good friends like that. The three of us all live in different countries now, but we try to meet up for an F1 racing event at least once a year if not, just in a tropical place. Some how, of the three I some how ended up being called the Hammond of group because I'm shorter than the other 2.
That is awesome man. Keep ahold of that. I used to have a few friends like that. Unfortunately one passed away. I joined the military. And the other went into a failure to launch type of thing. I hope one day to have a brotherhood like that again. Probably after I retire from the military. But never let that go if you can.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
That is awesome man. Keep ahold of that. I used to have a few friends like that. Unfortunately one passed away. I joined the military. And the other went into a failure to launch type of thing. I hope one day to have a brotherhood like that again. Probably after I retire from the military. But never let that go if you can.
Hey man, it's always weird how you become good friends with people. I went to a wedding where a dude had a best man that he met through gaming online, they just kept talking and 4yrs later, he's at his wedding.

Guys, in particular, are weird like that. We make bonds in the most random ways but they end up as strong bonds.

Because all 3 of us are in a different country, we usually harass each other through Whatsapp and shoot the shit like that about The Grand Tour (used to be Top Gear until that was ruined).

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Paths of Glory might be my favorite Kubrick. Haven’t seen The Killing or Lolita yet though.

Cannibal Holocaust is good for what it is. I liked The Green Inferno too, though I might be the only one. Cannibal Ferox is alright too.

Recently watched The Proposition, an Australian western type film (7/10).

A Field in England was 7/10 too. Like Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas meets The VVitch.

Sorry

May 18, 2005
I’d say PoG is better than Lolita. Haven’t seen The Killing either tho.

If anyone wants to PM me their switch friend code feel free.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I spend a lot of time watching Velocity and History Channel and I don't get why some of these shows have this need to have some borderline moron on the show. There's a few that don't and those are enjoyable, as a car guy, they even get technical far more than the other ones which are more "entertainment" than informational.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I’d say PoG is better than Lolita. Haven’t seen The Killing either tho.

If anyone wants to PM me their switch friend code feel free.

My friend code is:

SW-7296-7718-5975

@Ogrezilla
@Empoleon8771

I also created an HF Arena:

HF Randy Bnubs
Password: 44333226
(password is from typing out "HFBo" on T9)
Rules: 3 stock, 5 minutes, low items, random stage, moving stages and massive stages turned off

Wait, I think I messed up setting up the arena...

Arena ID: 2FKHR

Welp, arenas don't save.

Last edited:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I've already beaten World of Light, I finished it in about 25 hours in the first weekend it was available. It was fun at first, but once I had strong enough spirits, it was just a nuisance. I thought subspace emissary from Brawl was better, but it's not like I hated World of Light. I enjoyed it, it just started to drag by the end.

I'm not a huge fan of the changes in the classic mode. I like how you can have a unique path for different characters (although I would like some variance with the characters too), but I don't like how short it is and I'm not sure I'm a fan of the changing difficulty. I also don't like how you only have 1 life but can easily continue when you die, it makes the game less tense. It's still a great game because it's Smash Bros, and I do like it more than Smash 4, but it wasn't perfect. I could list out quite a few more complaints/disappointments I had with the game, but none of them are major except for online play.

I haven't done anything outside of World of Light, classic mode with Isabelle (I've gotten good with her because the LVL 9 computers are nasty in this game) and Link and some normal fights. I haven't gotten to home run battles or any of the other modes in the game.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I didn't really like world of light. I've done classic with enough to unlock everyone. I played two online matches. Lag wasn't an issue in either, and I got the rules I wanted. Sounds like that's not the norm though.

I'll get my code when I get home.

PS: I love incinaroar. I also barely played the Wii U version so this feels like a ton of new characters to me.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I didn't really like world of light. I've done classic with enough to unlock everyone. I played two online matches. Lag wasn't an issue in either, and I got the rules I wanted. Sounds like that's not the norm though.

I'll get my code when I get home.

PS: I love incinaroar. I also barely played the Wii U version so this feels like a ton of new characters to me.

I didn't have lag problems online either, my problem was that you couldn't have 2 people play on 1 console online unless you went into a random match. You can have multiple people playing on the same console in a random match, but you and a friend can't play on the same console online with 1 specific person. It makes no sense why it's set up this way.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Saw Free Solo today. Think I lost a couple pounds via palm sweat. Crazy motherf***ers. Yeah, let me climb this 3000 ft near vertical face without a rope.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I want to watch that. Let me know how it is.

I enjoyed it. Not as much as I was hoping to. And I wish Anton Yelchin was in it a bit more. The one actress who was also in Me, Earl, and the Dying Girl probably has a hell of a career ahead of her.

Currently watching Syfy's Happy. Boy is this weird. But in an enjoyable, funny, and creepy way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad