OT: Movies are basically flipbooks for adults (The Newly Annual Non-Pens Media Thraed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I want to see a Pullo and Lucius Vorenus buddy cop movie.
That duo seriously needs to come back. Rome can get a movie and get both back. They never SHOWED lucius vorenus dying is what Bruno Heller always said if they got a chance to bring the show back. Who cares anyway, bring him back even if he did die, nobody would care. My biggest sad face is that James Purefoy DID indeed die. God I loved him on that show.

Also, just watched 'Mollys Game'.
Excellent movie, but I must say, the absolute extreme cleavage going on in the entire movie had me very distracted. I'm a simple kinda man - if its there I look. I know it's like looking at the sun, you look quick and look away, but if that was indeed the sun I would be blinded right now. Great movie though.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Nick Jonas wants to be Batman, get the f*** out of here. If they cast him as Batman, this will be as bad as f***ing Kilmer or Clooney as Batman.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I just don't want another Batman begins. I don't want an old Batman. I just want a Batman that utilizes the many fantastic villains he has. Let's try Deathstroke for once.
yeah I don't honestly know what I think DC should do with Batman going forward. Is the next movie supposed to be happening before BvS/JL? I have no clue how they are planning their series at this point. I would love for them to just go with mostly one-offs.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
yeah I don't honestly know what I think DC should do with Batman going forward. Is the next movie supposed to be happening before BvS/JL? I have no clue how they are planning their series at this point. I would love for them to just go with mostly one-offs.
They are doing one offs. Aquaman, wonder woman 2, shazam, and then the joker and suicide squad movie rebooted with James Gunn.

There's the birds of prey thing with the stupid long title. But DC is building the characters and getting less studio interference and letting directors do their thing.

The next Batman might just be a one off story.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
They are doing one offs. Aquaman, wonder woman 2, shazam, and then the joker and suicide squad movie rebooted with James Gunn.

There's the birds of prey thing with the stupid long title. But DC is building the characters and getting less studio interference and letting directors do their thing.

The next Batman might just be a one off story.
Suicide squad is rebooting?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Suicide squad is rebooting?
A soft reboot. I think they're keeping Waller and Harley. The rest are new characters. Which is 100% fine as I think the rest of the cast and choices sucked including Will Smith.

Gunn is good at ensembles so I'm excited to see what he does.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
A soft reboot. I think they're keeping Waller and Harley. The rest are new characters. Which is 100% fine as I think the rest of the cast and choices sucked including Will Smith.

Gunn is good at ensembles so I'm excited to see what he does.
Yeah that'll be interesting. I vote Crimson Bolt joins the team :laugh:

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Tom Holland would be good.

Yes I'm quoting my own post.

I was just going to jokingly suggest Saoirse Ronan. But giving it a wee bit more thought I think a female lead could give way to some interesting modern commentary. Especially with old Batman having to hand off that persona. Get with the times old man.

However... This is a DC movie and I doubt they could make it work.

And Clint Eastwood should be Batman.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah that'll be interesting. I vote Crimson Bolt joins the team :laugh:
Lol, that movie was f***ing whacked out man. Way more violence than I thought would be in it.

But for real, it's not even called Suicide Squad 2, it's called "The Suicide Squad"...basically forgetting the movie the studio edited behind the previous director's back.

There's rumors that Bautista might come to play Bane, properly for f***ing once. Bane was a part of the Squad as well. But Gunn is fantastic and DC has suddenly brought on some very good f***ing directors too. So it's going to be great.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'm being facetious btw. Hire an actor to do your acting.
Listen man, Batman was my jam as a kid, for almost 35+ years, Batman has always been my fav, I grew up a huge Batman, Greenlantern, Wolverine, and Spiderman guy, so it's very down the middle for DC/Marvel for me. But Batman, to date, only Nolan has delivered us the best comic book trilogy ever seen in the theatres.

Since then, Snyder tried to do something, studios interfered so much we are now seeing people literally wanting out because of it and not that it's a bad thing since Reeves is an amazing director in his own right. But I really hope they do it justice.

Like I would 100% rather see a Batman movie vs the Court of Owls as the intro to his "trilogy" if he chooses to go down that path or just to introduce his version of Batman that might join the DC universe. Matt Reeves is amazing at character development, he's literally the only hope I have left that they don't f*** up the most iconic character to me.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Lol, that movie was ****ing whacked out man. Way more violence than I thought would be in it.

But for real, it's not even called Suicide Squad 2, it's called "The Suicide Squad"...basically forgetting the movie the studio edited behind the previous director's back.

There's rumors that Bautista might come to play Bane, properly for ****ing once. Bane was a part of the Squad as well. But Gunn is fantastic and DC has suddenly brought on some very good ****ing directors too. So it's going to be great.
Here's hoping.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Listen man, Batman was my jam as a kid, for almost 35+ years, Batman has always been my fav, I grew up a huge Batman, Greenlantern, Wolverine, and Spiderman guy, so it's very down the middle for DC/Marvel for me. But Batman, to date, only Nolan has delivered us the best comic book trilogy ever seen in the theatres.

Since then, Snyder tried to do something, studios interfered so much we are now seeing people literally wanting out because of it and not that it's a bad thing since Reeves is an amazing director in his own right. But I really hope they do it justice.

Like I would 100% rather see a Batman movie vs the Court of Owls as the intro to his "trilogy" if he chooses to go down that path or just to introduce his version of Batman that might join the DC universe. Matt Reeves is amazing at character development, he's literally the only hope I have left that they don't **** up the most iconic character to me.
yeah at this point I think the right move for re-introducing Batman is to just have him already be Batman.

Last edited:
Reactions: Honour Over Glory
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad