OT: Movies are basically flipbooks for adults (The Newly Annual Non-Pens Media Thraed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Not good was extreme on my part, they just flat out killed 2 very good villains when they didn't need to.

Killmonger was a fantastic villain and so was Klaue.
Absolutely. It was a pretty good movie that could have been way better if it handled them better. Which is honestly true for most of the Marvel movies that fall in the middle of the pack.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
@Honour Over Glory if Bandersnatch ended with the netflix ending as a regular show episode it would have been genius. The whole multiple endings thing drives me crazy. It forces you to do the opposite of what it means to do.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I want to see it, but I haven't ever watched the show. I know they are individual stories, but should I start from the beginning?
Black Mirror: Bandersnatch is it's own movie.

Black Mirror is an anthology show, you literally don't need to know anything except that you're going to feel something at the end of the episode as a social commentary to what's going on and make you want to discuss it.

But definitely start from season 1, all of the seasons are on Netflix, including the Bandersnatch movie that you make choices in the movie and it plays out the outcome of your choices.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Not good was extreme on my part, they just flat out killed 2 very good villains when they didn't need to.

Killmonger was a fantastic villain and so was Klaue.

That's his thing, make things look good, but then fail you with actual content.

Remember, Sucker Punch was so hyped because of the trailer and the visuals, then you saw the movie and it was terrible.
Best villian. You don't mess with someone who looks like that.
iu

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Black Mirror: Bandersnatch is it's own movie.

Black Mirror is an anthology show, you literally don't need to know anything except that you're going to feel something at the end of the episode as a social commentary to what's going on and make you want to discuss it.

But definitely start from season 1, all of the seasons are on Netflix, including the Bandersnatch movie that you make choices in the movie and it plays out the outcome of your choices.
Yeah I know they are each their own story and it's a separate movie, but I wasn't sure if they were really 100% their own or if there were semi-callbacks or something.

It's probably next up to watch. I just added Good One to my spotify too. I've been meaning to find some podcasts. Any suggestions?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
@Honour Over Glory if Bandersnatch ended with the netflix ending as a regular show episode it would have been genius. The whole multiple endings thing drives me crazy. It forces you to do the opposite of what it means to do.
You are guided for sure, I mean I picked a few where either he killed his Dad, chopped him up, he jumped off the building, his buddy did instead, etc. Even the Netflix one was hilarious, turns into some crazy action sequence which was fun, but the actual ending is indeed the one where he just goes back in time in his head and makes the choice of finding the stuffed animal so he can go on the train with his mom, the same train she dies on and he just dies. In that ending, his father finally sees his son at peace, the son is at peace and with his mother.

I enjoyed it, when you know it's a Black Mirror story, you expect something twisted that makes you question "well, what would I have done there?"

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
oh hey it's midnight and I have to go back to work tomorrow. Shit.

Oh, I also watched You Were Never Really Here a few days ago. I can't decide if I hated it or if I really liked it. I like it way more now than I did right when it ended. It was really frustrating, but I'm pretty sure that was deliberate :laugh:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah I know they are each their own story and it's a separate movie, but I wasn't sure if they were really 100% their own or if there were semi-callbacks or something.

It's probably next up to watch. I just added Good One to my spotify too. I've been meaning to find some podcasts. Any suggestions?

They definitely don't have anything to do with each other. I thought they would be as well and avoided the 1st season, then I downloaded them all and watched it and was really looking forward to the 2nd season, the seasons just get better and better. They try not to reuse actors so as not to make it feel like it has anything to do with the previous episode.

Podcasts? I mostly just listen to Bill Burr, Joe Rogan, and Spittin' Chiclets.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
You are guided for sure, I mean I picked a few where either he killed his Dad, chopped him up, he jumped off the building, his buddy did instead, etc. Even the Netflix one was hilarious, turns into some crazy action sequence which was fun, but the actual ending is indeed the one where he just goes back in time in his head and makes the choice of finding the stuffed animal so he can go on the train with his mom, the same train she dies on and he just dies. In that ending, his father finally sees his son at peace, the son is at peace and with his mother.

I enjoyed it, when you know it's a Black Mirror story, you expect something twisted that makes you question "well, what would I have done there?"

Yeah it was a good story and creative no doubt. Just pointed out what annoyed me.
I love Black Mirror, but second to the Twilight Zone. Charlie Booker may be running out of ideas (as per season 4, my least favorite).
Bandersnatch gives me hope for this new season, whenever it comes out.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
oh hey it's midnight and I have to go back to work tomorrow. ****.

Oh, I also watched You Were Never Really Here a few days ago. I can't decide if I hated it or if I really liked it. I like it way more now than I did right when it ended. It was really frustrating, but I'm pretty sure that was deliberate :laugh:
Ending was frustrating, but it was a good movie. I was super frustrated at the ending to 'the lobster' or lobster, whatever. After letting both endings set in though I liked both, but just not at first.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah it was a good story and creative no doubt. Just pointed out what annoyed me.
I love Black Mirror, but second to the Twilight Zone. Charlie Booker may be running out of ideas (as per season 4, my least favorite).
Bandersnatch gives me hope for this new season, whenever it comes out.
I didn't mind the 4th season at all, that dating episode was very good I thought.
I just this moment realized that Black Mirror and Orphan Black are different shows.
That explains the confusion, lol.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
As I thought as well. I wanted to like Metal Head, but it was just so meh after I watched it a few times. Black Museum good, but rehashing material.

That's what Black Museum was about though, that was the only episode that really tied in anything from previous episodes. Also, Shuri from Black Panther was good in it.

Reactions: shoplifter

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
That's what Black Museum was about though, that was the only episode that really tied in anything from previous episodes. Also, Shuri from Black Panther was good in it.
Actually, you pointed out what I thought after I clicked post. Museum, old material... yeah you are right. The dr part with pain was awesome.
Thinking about the dating ep also, it was so great because it was a groundhog day -ish nightmare that progressed, never stuck on the same day, but got progressively worse. It just captured a great attitude that by the end of the first viewing of it I was thinking, GTFO OF THERE ALREADY... which in my mind worked and accomplished a good feat getting in my head of wanting it to stop already.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
@Honour Over Glory
Talking about good shows, my favorite show post 2000 is Rome. From Sky/HBO, which basically paved the way for Game Of Thrones to be successful regarding shows that need massive budgets.
I enjoy everything Caesar I am guilty of it I can't lie.
Dood moved armies 20 miles a day, ON FOOT 2,000 years ago. I can't imagine rucking 20 miles every day for years. Guys were stone.

Reactions: billybudd

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
@Honour Over Glory
Talking about good shows, my favorite show post 2000 is Rome. From Sky/HBO, which basically paved the way for Game Of Thrones to be successful regarding shows that need massive budgets.
I enjoy everything Caesar I am guilty of it I can't lie.
Dood moved armies 20 miles a day, ON FOOT 2,000 years ago. I can't imagine rucking 20 miles every day for years. Guys were stone.

Yeah I was a fan of Rome as well, I think it was the writers strike that killed that show, a fire started on the set during it so they couldn't even come back to it if they tried. Unfortunate.

Reactions: shoplifter

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Yeah I was a fan of Rome as well, I think it was the writers strike that killed that show, a fire started on the set during it so they couldn't even come back to it if they tried. Unfortunate.
Super shame too because that show had a cast unrivaled. Marc Antony dying at the end of S2 was supposed to happen at the end of season 4 or 5, Bruno Heller planned. They fast forwarded several seasons when they found out the show was cancelled halfway through filming season 2 :(
Sky I think, maybe HBO said we can't handle the 100 million per episode.
That show was like a replication of a living breathing Rome. Not much CGI...

Reactions: billybudd

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Super shame too because that show had a cast unrivaled. Marc Antony dying at the end of S2 was supposed to happen at the end of season 4 or 5, Bruno Heller planned. They fast forwarded several seasons when they found out the show was cancelled halfway through filming season 2 :(
Sky I think, maybe HBO said we can't handle the 100 million per episode.
That show was like a replication of a living breathing Rome. Not much CGI...

Was it 100m per episode? That's actually insane for a budget, makes sense it was cancelled financially.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Was it 100m per episode? That's actually insane for a budget, makes sense it was cancelled financially.
In 2002, HBO and the BBC agreed to co-produce the series, committing a US$100–110 million (£62.7 million) budget to the production of twelve 1-hour episodes, with HBO contributing $85 million, and the BBC contributing $15 million.[3] The BBC contributed £800,000 to every episode of Rome in its first season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad