movie on The Rocket Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
haha, sweet. i feel bad for Elmar Lach, having the ugliest man in hockey Mike Ricci play him. hopefully it'll get subtitled into english at some point (I'm assuming it's being made in French?)

Galchenkel

Nov 9, 2003
Saint Pierre
twitter.com
Bergeron47 said:

i'll try!

The first shots of the movie "Maurice Richard", starring Roy Dupuis and directed by Charles Binamé, we'll be taken on monday. The movie will be turn in Montreal and Quebec city until july 31st.

The film has already been written by Ken Scoot who also wrote "La grande séduction". It'll shows the Rocket's career from his modests debutes in 1935 to the famous brawl at the Montreal Forum in 1955.

Excepting Roy Dupuis, the cast will be composed of Rémy Girard, Julie Le breton, Patric Robitaille, Diane Lavallée, Michel Barrette and Mario Jean.

Among the hockey stars who will interpret old time players there is Stephane Quintal (Dollar St Laurent), Vinny Lecavalier (Jean Beliveau), Ian Laperrire (Boum Boum Geoffrion), pascal dupuis (Milt schimdt), Sean Avery (Bob Dill), Mike Ricci (Elmer Lach) and Phillipe Sauvé (Jim Henry).

"Maurice Richard" is supposed to be in Quebec's theatres November 25th.

ClassicHockey

May 22, 2005
Maurice Richard - The Movie

The movie is slated to have only 4 actual on-ice re-enactments and the series does end after the Richard riot. One of the re-enactments is the early knockout by Richard on Bob 'killer' Dill and the Laycoe-Richard incident is another that they will try to recreate.

The role of Dick Irvin Sr. will be played by a Canadian actor Stephen Mchattie and that is a prominent part of the movie.

By the way, the new CBC's 10 part production called 'Hockey - A People's History',
are doing re-enactments of plays from the 1954-55 season and are in production now. I think that the shoot on saturday is open to the public in Montreal. Part of Epidsodes 4 & 5 will focus on Maurice Richard and there has been great attention paid to details regarding jerseys etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->