OT: Movie "Goon"

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
Mods: please move this to the appropriate thread if not inappropriate here...

I watched this movie for the first time tonight and suggest every Sabre fan watch it… It reminded me of Rob Ray... It's an awesome movie based on a real life biography...

http://www.magnetreleasing.com/goon/index.shtml

I suggested earlier that John Scott looks just like Liev Schrieber who happens to play one of the goons in that movie, so funny. He looks just like him.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I suggested earlier that John Scott looks just like Liev Schrieber who happens to play one of the goons in that movie, so funny. He looks just like him.

There were many AHL/NHL player knockoff names but the one that caught my attention was Reah, the supreme enforcer in the movie..... lol, ya think it was a tribute to the best in Sabre history, Rob Ray?

GWheels

Jan 11, 2013
Rumor has it they are going to make a Goon 2. Jay Baruchel, who played his friend , co wrote the movie. He's a big Canadiens fan but it was an awesome movie regardless.

Penalty Killa

glitter skates
Oct 1, 2007
Sabres Nation
Clock and I randomly watched this a few months back and thoroughly enjoyed it.

IMO, this was the one and only time I appreciated SWS as an actor. He plays goon very well.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
I've had it queued up for a while, but we watched it today and laughed a bit. Good call!

whiplash

Jan 6, 2006
NYC
IMO, this was the one and only time I appreciated SWS as an actor. He plays goon very well.

Agreed. Never liked Scott but he nailed his role. Even aside from Scott, and for the type of movie it is, the acting is great all around. There wasn't a poorly played character in it.

I personally liked the movie a lot but could see why some wouldn't. I recommend it to anyone who likes sports in general

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Ha! Coaxed my wife into watching "Goon" the other night on our hotel TV. She absolutely loved it! Good flick.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
I thought it had funny parts, but ultimately it would have been better if SWS hadn't played Doug as such a mongoloid imbecile. It's possible to be a tough guy and not be a complete moron at the same time.

whiplash

Jan 6, 2006
NYC
John Scott? He doesn't even look the most like Liev Schreiber on his own team (that would be Cody Hodgson).
HA. Never noticed that.

But if John Scott grew Schrieber's stache in that movie, he would be the spitting image

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad