GDT: Movember 3rd - Flames @ Blackhawks [5:30pm on Sportsnet West]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aug 3, 2010
Colborne and Brodie look decent in the early going. Hopefully they can provide some solid play throughout the road trip.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
random thought:

Flames need to trade Cammalleri. Just not a fan of how he plays.

*edit, especially with the salary

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Berra needs to control his rebounds a bit better, these aren't AHL shooters anymore Yogi

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Bart was tough sticking out that shift getting it out of his zone! Good on him!

Is he still on the bench?

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Really? IMO, I love the speed he brings to the game. Inconsistent, but he can put the puck in the net.

He annoys me . . . He's short yet insists on using this uber-short stick that makes it so he whiffs on pucks and can't dig and stick-check like he should. It's good for personal puck control, but for shooting and then proper fore-checking and in general stick-checking it sucks. He also misses passes a longer stick would readily accept. He's small enough that he shouldn't need such a short stick. This seems pretty minor but I can't help but notice what this does to his game every time he's on the ice.

The rest is due to his salary which isn't necessarily his fault I get that. I wouldn't mind him so much at 3 million per.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
your post history suggests you are actually a Hawks fan

I post there a lot because I also like the Hawks. I like them, the Pens and the Avalanche. But flames have always been my number 1 team make no mistake - have liked them and cheered for them since a young kid. Every other team is secondary.

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
He annoys me . . . He's short yet insists on using this uber-short stick that makes it so he whiffs on pucks and can't dig and stick-check like he should. It's good for personal puck control, but for shooting and then proper fore-checking and in general stick-checking it sucks. He also misses passes a longer stick would readily accept. He's small enough that he shouldn't need such a short stick. This seems pretty minor but I can't help but notice what this does to his game every time he's on the ice.

The rest is due to his salary which isn't necessarily his fault I get that. I wouldn't mind him so much at 3 million per.

I just like him as a player. With the salary thing, I don't mind it since we are near the floor, if we weren't I would be pretty angry at his contract, along with Wideman's and Hudler's

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
I post there a lot because I also like the Hawks. I like them, the Pens and the Avalanche. But flames have always been my number 1 team make no mistake - have liked them and cheered for them since a young kid. Every other team is secondary.

They tried trading Cammy at the deadline and "no one called" or at least no entertaining offer was thrown. He needs to play top 6 minutes in order to showcase himself. It's doubtful he finishes the season as a Flame if he plays well.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Call me crazy but I don't buy it. Who visits a message board for their #2 team but not their #1?

Now back to the game, good effort from the boys so far.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
They tried trading Cammy at the deadline and "no one called" or at least no entertaining offer was thrown. He needs to play top 6 minutes in order to showcase himself. It's doubtful he finishes the season as a Flame if he plays well.
that was the draft and it's not shocking there were no callers since most teams were trying to reduce salary not add it

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I just like him as a player. With the salary thing, I don't mind it since we are near the floor, if we weren't I would be pretty angry at his contract, along with Wideman's and Hudler's

Yeah . . . That's true . . . I still would like Calgary to trade him sooner than later. I don't mind Hudler's salary at all. He's earned it in spades IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad