McKenzie: Moved: McKenzie: Oilers in on Barrie? (Moves by Colorado-- Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifeisruff

Oct 29, 2009
wny
So how about that Tyson Barrie?

Last I heard I thought Colorado wasn't trading him

anyway I'd love him on the Sabres and I think Bogosian would be the type of Dman Colorado would want in return, although I wonder if Murray is honoring his NTC.

Alternatively,

2017 1st (unprotected)
Zemgus Girgenson
Cody Franson

I might be willing to throw in Fasching, but I feel like 4 assets for Barre is a lot. Do you have a spare Jamie McGinn lying around somewhere?

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

anyway I'd love him on the Sabres and I think Bogosian would be the type of Dman Colorado would want in return, although I wonder if Murray is honoring his NTC.

Alternatively,

2017 1st (unprotected)
Zemgus Girgenson
Cody Franson

I might be willing to throw in Fasching, but I feel like 4 assets for Barre is a lot. Do you have a spare Jamie McGinn lying around somewhere?

Not close at all really... We have no need to trade Barrie right now. So any offer for Barrie would really have to blow us away. That's not enough value coming back IMO.

MikeAvsPats

Jun 10, 2015
Manitoba, Canada
I don't think the Avs should be calling anyone out for lottery picks :laugh:
This is Chiarelli's 2nd year as GM of the Oilers and it's obvious he's not content to stock pile picks and forwards like previous regimes

3 Lottery picks in 8 years in no where near as bad as a dozen teams I could name off...

Yea, trading franchise players is what he is content with...Seguin for nothing, new team, now Hall for nothing.

Avs44

May 16, 2011

Alternatively,

2017 1st (unprotected)
Zemgus Girgenson
Cody Franson

Not even remotely tempting. That's not even in the ballpark, actually.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
The Oilers have had a top 4 pick in 6 of the last 7 drafts.

The Avs have had a top 4 pick in 3 of the last 8 drafts.

Why did you pick top 4? So you could include Puljujarvi?

Why did you only go back 7 drafts for the Oilers but 8 for the Avs? So your numbers sounded better?

And I am not going to say the Oilers have been successful in the last decade but don't cherry pick and choose numbers that make numbers sound better for your argument.

Usually you pick top 3, top 5 or top 10 and use the same length of time.

Here...

Over the past 10 drafts the Oilers have picked in the NHL Entry Draft...
Top 3 - 5 times
Top 5 - 6 times
Top 10 - 9 times

Over the past 10 drafts the Avs have picked in the NHL Entry Draft...
Top 3 - 3 times
Top 5 - 3 times
Top 10 - 5 times

See you can still make the Avs sound better without cherry picking... it usually garners more respect for you and your argument.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Actually Reilly Smith went to the Bruins in that Seguin trade as well...funny how people just cast him off as a nothing

I was just about to post this... he is quickly becoming one of the better 2 way wingers in the league, great player.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
Why did you pick top 4? So you could include Puljujarvi?

Why did you only go back 7 drafts for the Oilers but 8 for the Avs? So your numbers sounded better?

And I am not going to say the Oilers have been successful in the last decade but don't cherry pick and choose numbers that make numbers sound better for your argument.

Usually you pick top 3, top 5 or top 10 and use the same length of time.

Here...

Over the past 10 drafts the Oilers have picked in the NHL Entry Draft...
Top 3 - 5 times
Top 5 - 6 times
Top 10 - 9 times

Over the past 10 drafts the Avs have picked in the NHL Entry Draft...
Top 3 - 3 times
Top 5 - 3 times
Top 10 - 5 times

See you can still make the Avs sound better without cherry picking... it usually garners more respect for you and your argument.

4 first overall picks in 6 years. Beat that! A 3rd and 7th in the other 2 years! How many times did the Oilers make the playoffs in those 10 years? Avs made it 3 times, funny, but still!

It's not even close!

MikeAvsPats

Jun 10, 2015
Manitoba, Canada
Lol my thoughts exactly

Oilers fans are delusional if you think you got fair value for Hall...calling him nothing is just below the accuracy of the player/return you had received. Oh and tell me how Boston feels now that Loui has turned down all their extension offers and skipped town, to play for the CANUCKS (lol)...Smith is now in Florida soaking up the sun, and Morrow...(?) while Seguin is living it up with Benn. Hopefully Larsson can play 30+ mins to be at least half of the value that Hall was to your team.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Chiarelli didn't get "nothing," and a high end young defender had to be acquired. They weren't great trades, but come on, guys.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
4 first overall picks in 6 years. Beat that! A 3rd and 7th in the other 2 years!

It's not even close!

Avs fans shouldn't talk...not only is there this bad stretch recently...but go look at the pathetic stretch in the late 80's early 90's. 1988 draft(3rd&5th), 89(1st),90(1st), 91(1st), 92(4th)

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
Oilers fans are delusional if you think you got fair value for Hall...calling him nothing is just below the accuracy of the player/return you had received. Oh and tell me how Boston feels now that Loui has turned down all their extension offers and skipped town, to play for the CANUCKS (lol)...Smith is now in Florida soaking up the sun, and Morrow...(?) while Seguin is living it up with Benn. Hopefully Larsson can play 30+ mins to be at least half of the value that Hall was to your team.

The fact that Eriksson and Smith are not in Boston anymore has nothing to do with Chia. Sweeney is responsible for their departures.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Avs fans shouldn't talk...not only is there this bad stretch recently...but go look at the pathetic stretch in the late 80's early 90's. 1988 draft(3rd&5th), 89(1st),90(1st), 91(1st), 92(4th)

How unsurprising, an Oiler fan digging back three decades to bring up the 80's and 90's. Glory days, gotta hang on to 'em.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Both teams have been pretty bad overall the last 10 years, but the Oilers have been worse, then again they have a 2006 Finals at least and McDavid to show for it. Colorado had had a couple of playoff berths and MacKinnon.

No need to really get in a pissing match over it though. The last 10 years certainly haven't gone like either franchise would have wanted, both teams I would reckon want to be much better in the next few seasons both are under a fair bit of pressure to make the playoffs next year.

CaptainSexyPants

Sep 27, 2012

So what's your argument here? That they were, indeed, "something"?

You're moving the goal posts and sounding pretty bitter, for some reason.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
How unsurprising, an Oiler fan digging back three decades to bring up the 80's and 90's. Glory days, gotta hang on to 'em.

Those aren't glory stats....that's to show how much of a dumpster fire the Nords(Avs) were back then as well....and there was no lottery to get those high picks...those 1sts were because they were deadlast.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016

Back to the 80's? You're hilarious!

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Those aren't glory stats....that's to show how much of a dumpster fire the Nords(Avs) were back then as well....and there was no lottery to get those high picks...those 1sts were because they were deadlast.

You don't have an intelligent point if you're digging back 30 years to a franchise most of us didn't follow, in a different era, in a different city, with a different name. Good try, though.

CaptainSexyPants

Sep 27, 2012
The only fact I am concerned with is that they traded away Seguin....not a smart move. Now he traded Hall. As of right now, also, not a smart move.

Yeah the Oilers definitely needed another high end winger more than a top 2 defenseman. Not. Smart. At. All. :shakehead

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
You don't have an intelligent point if you're digging back 30 years to a franchise most of us didn't follow, in a different era, in a different city, with a different name. Good try, though.

So you didn't follow Sakic and Forsberg when they relocated to Colorado? Funny how it's convenient to ignore the futility from a few years prior when the team gets parachutted into Colorado. It's the fact that they were so bad(before you even bothered to watch hockey) that they ended up with the players to help deliver the Stanley Cups that you got to enjoy...or am i still talking before your time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->