Move to Sudbury a positive one for Wolves' Crisp

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005

Over the summer, Connor Crisp added a couple more jerseys to his collection, being drafted by the Montreal Canadiens and being part of an early September trade to Sudbury. But far from being thrown to the Wolves, Crisp said the transition has been more positive than he could have imagined.

“You know what? [The transition has gone] smoother than I thought,†Crisp said. “We’ve had a few line changes already; it’s only been a couple of months in so that’s expected, but when you’ve got great players like [Nicholas] Baptiste and [Mathew] Campagna out there it’s easy to make chemistry.… read more

More...

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
“Here you have three seconds with the puck, there you have half a second,†he explained. “I think that’s what’s helped me with my game the most — the patience aspect. I’ve come back to junior and you realize you have more time with the puck than you would at the NHL level.

“I think it’s huge. I think every team needs a physical, big body to bang out there. I’m not afraid to get dirty,†he explained. “I score most of my goals within five feet of the net. I think that’s where most of my play’s got to be and if you want to be there, I’ll be there.

nice, thank you!

When you read the article you get the feeling picking him in the 3rd round was too early.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
Watched both Crisp and McCarron play in London on the 1st of November. McCarron didn't get much ice time, which was disappointing, but Crisp got a decent amount of ice time and from what I saw, I was pleased with his performance. He seems to have much more confidence in his game in Sudbury.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
Great article. I liked his attitude and his comments in general, seems like a good guy.

I'm intrigued by him because of his development improving and I can't deny, whenever Trevor Timmins drafts a player, I'm always intrigued even more by it. Especially in the "Bergevin era". I do get the feeling Trevor gets more input and/or final decisions on picking, more-so than I've felt so in the past.

Patrick Holland was a late round guy too and I like what I've seen of him. Bournival and Holland were both acquired by Gauthier mind you, but I have no doubt he consulted his head scout on those choices. I like how both have played thus far. Crisp is another who has impressed since being drafted.

TT has a serious knack for finding overlooked players, either on other teams or in the draft. This may seem like a reach pick and who knows, maybe the kid does bust. But I love his attitude and his quotes. If he makes it it'll be a real steal.

penalty shot*

Watched both Crisp and McCarron play in London on the 1st of November. McCarron didn't get much ice time, which was disappointing, but Crisp got a decent amount of ice time and from what I saw, I was pleased with his performance. He seems to have much more confidence in his game in Sudbury.

I saw him in Brampton recently

he looked good

penalty shot*

all we need is these 2 guys to play on the top 9 and give us much needed size one day
they don't have to be stars

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Hmm - that's not very nice. Guessing you've never been there.

I'm guessing that the Hunter's had their hand in getting Crisp into the Sudbury lineup. Both Dale & Mark having started their careers in Sudbury along with the Foligno's, Mike the dad of Nick and Marcus all having successful careers after being Wolves in Sudbury. Many other well known graduates that have gone on too NHL careers, sometimes flippant remarks are just what they seem, nothing to take seriously.:nod:

macavoy

May 27, 2009
Houston, Tx
I'm from Sudbury and there is nothing wrong with this town, Why the hateful comment?

Probably because you haven't experienced the rest of the world. I'm from Sudbury and there is so much more interesting things out there. There is a reason why it was the butt of moon jokes for so many years.

As big as hockey has been, Sudbury has churned out an extremely low number of NHLers. How many kids play hockey, how many made it to the show, Bertuzzi is about the only local boy, Chowder back in the day as a fighter.

Sudbury has produced very little NHL talent.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
I'm guessing that the Hunter's had their hand in getting Crisp into the Sudbury lineup. Both Dale & Mark having started their careers in Sudbury along with the Foligno's, Mike the dad of Nick and Marcus all having successful careers after being Wolves in Sudbury. Many other well known graduates that have gone on too NHL careers, sometimes flippant remarks are just what they seem, nothing to take seriously.:nod:

And don't forget that is where PK dad first moved to (Sudbury) ... and fell in love with the HABS :handclap::handclap::handclap:

macavoy

May 27, 2009
Houston, Tx
And don't forget that is where PK dad first moved to (Sudbury) ... and fell in love with the HABS :handclap::handclap::handclap:

Why would the Hunters help the Habs or whoever by getting Connor Crisp to go to Sudbury when they own the Knights?

The only reason Marcus and Nick got a good time in Sudbury was because their dad gave up his NHL coaching gig to move to Sudbury to coach his kids.

Sudbury Wolves are a decent team and they've churned out some NHL talent including Paul Dipetro who was intergral in the last CH Stanley Cup but Sudbury is a ****hole mining town that doesn't produce talent on its own.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
I'm from Sudbury and there is nothing wrong with this town, Why the hateful comment?

Sorry if I offended, I just couldn't resist the joke. Like everywhere in Canada I'm sure it has its perks but I know quite a few people who had to move there for work related reasons and their comments were...less than flattering. To this day a good friend calls it "Sadberry" :laugh:

I mean it's known for resource extraction and economic importance, not exactly for its excitement or beauty. It's a mining town. There's still some nice nature nearby though, it's still (non-northern Alberta) Canada after all.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Sorry if I offended, I just couldn't resist the joke. Like everywhere in Canada I'm sure it has its perks but I know quite a few people who had to move there for work related reasons and their comments were...less than flattering. To this day a good friend calls it "Sadberry" :laugh:

I mean it's known for resource extraction and economic importance, not exactly for its excitement or beauty. It's a mining town. There's still some nice nature nearby though, it's still (non-northern Alberta) Canada after all.

I have travelled all over Canada and have enjoyed my times in Sudbury (IN THE SUMMER-NOT WINTER haha) and could think of few other places more boring then Sudbury
The city is split like 50-50 habs and leafs fans. If you love nature and fishing there is like over 100 lakes and rivers within 100 KM
The hockey fans love there wolves and if you ever get to see a playoff game there make sure you go. The old arena rocks and was voted in the top 10 to watch a playoff game by the hockey news a few years back.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
I have travelled all over Canada and have enjoyed my times in Sudbury (IN THE SUMMER-NOT WINTER haha) and could think of few other places more boring then Sudbury
The city is split like 50-50 habs and leafs fans. If you love nature and fishing there is like over 100 lakes and rivers within 100 KM
The hockey fans love there wolves and if you ever get to see a playoff game there make sure you go. The old arena rocks and was voted in the top 10 to watch a playoff game by the hockey news a few years back.

I have heard there's some great hiking around there, really, at least it's not Fort McMurray or something, it's just that the people I know, mainly from Toronto and Montreal who spent considerable time there do not have good memories of that place in the winter.

If I was good enough to be drafted for the Wolves I certainly wouldn't turn down the move. :laugh:

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
I have heard there's some great hiking around there, really, at least it's not Fort McMurray or something, it's just that the people I know, mainly from Toronto and Montreal who spent considerable time there do not have good memories of that place in the winter.

If I was good enough to be drafted for the Wolves I certainly wouldn't turn down the move. :laugh:

Yes it is really beautiful out side of the city and you need to like nature to really enjoy Sudbury. I can see ppl from big cities not liking Sudbury because it doesn't have the entertainment value....but if you want to go camping and party with nice ppl Sudbury will do the trick.
In the winter it sucks...either a foot of snow or minus 40 weather....NOT FUN!

haha yes Fort Mac is crazy place

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad