Proposal: Move Kadri to 1st-pairing defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
Close/delete this freaken thread, come on mods.

Just look at the responses.

dougy

Mar 31, 2007
Kadri was tried on the point on the PP in place of a Dman and that is the closest he will ever come to playing defense in the NHL.

Defense are move to forward on occasion (Red Kelly, Wendel Clark, Gary Leeman etc) but you seldom if ever see a forward moved to defense.

Brent Burns played Forward in Junior and was moved to Defense in the NHL. Probably the only recent example of this. Not to say i agree with the OP because i dont.

AustonMitchWilly

Jul 3, 2013
Sad that people are piling on. I don't see why we couldn't try this in a preseason game. I bet it'd work out quite well. I've also advocated giving Jake Gardiner a try on wing a couple times too.

It's not stupid until its been tried and its been failed.

dougy

Mar 31, 2007
I suggest we go the other direction, make our soft cheating forwards play D for a few games.

After Kessel gets creamed a few times in the corner because he has no outlet pass, he'll probably understand why he should provide an easier outlet in his own zone.

Probably the most sensible post in this thread. May have just changed my opinion on the matter. We will probably be down a few goals in a number of the upcoming west coast games and in a game that's out of reach why not.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
In other news, Crosby realises that hockey is too easy playing forward, so he is looking to be a goalie or defenseman. Which one will be up to him! Experts predict he will win the Vezina or the Norris should he convert positions!

bbgobie

Sep 19, 2009
Stats are just stats without proper analysis.
Unfortunately unless a lot of people have suddenly graduated from Actuarial science recently there's probably too many stats around here being spouted with little proper usage. The forums become really annoying to read.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
We have a Kadri discussion thread for a reason. I suppose if you really must make a case for him as first pairing dman, you can make it there.

Although on a personal note, I'd really prefer if we just pretend that Kadri at defense was a funny joke and let it die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->