Proposal: Move Kadri to 1st-pairing defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GalacticaActual

Mar 23, 2010
Mississauga, Ontario
Kadri is our forward with the best Corsi and Fenwick - he is by far the forward with the best possession numbers. We are lacking big time in defensemen that can actually play defense. Why not take Kadri and move him to the top pairing to play defense alongside Dion Phaneuf?

Dion can be our rock solid stay-at-home defenseman, punishing opponents with open ice hits and clearing the net. Kadri can be our Drew Doughty, fast, young, shifty puck-moving defenseman with loads of offensive skill.

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Santorelli-Clarkson
Winnik-Holland-Komarov
Booth-T.Smith-Panik

Kadri-Phaneuf
Polak-Franson
Rielly-Gardiner/Robidas

I think we could make the playoffs with this roster. Winnipeg did this with Byfuglien, moving him from forward to defense. Byfuglien had a rock solid Norris-like performance against us last Saturday. Why not?

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Ahaha

I literally just joked about this. Joke being the key word

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
This thread is the epitome of bipolar leafs nation. First it's "trade Kadri he socks at D" to "let's move Kadri back to D"

:laugh:

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
Dumb idea bro.

Moving one of our best forwards to D not only just leaves a void at forwards but assuming Kadri understands how to play as a defenseman and has the skillset to do it, he'd probably qualify as an offensive one.

Don't we have enough of those?

Kadri would buckle at defense, and he'd regress back to his offensive duties and be everywhere. Everywhere on the ice. His shift would last 10 secs.

Durkin67

Kadri is our forward with the best Corsi and Fenwick - he is by far the forward with the best possession numbers. We are lacking big time in defensemen that can actually play defense. Why not take Kadri and move him to the top pairing to play defense alongside Dion Phaneuf?

Dion can be our rock solid stay-at-home defenseman, punishing opponents with open ice hits and clearing the net. Kadri can be our Drew Doughty, fast, young, shifty puck-moving defenseman with loads of offensive skill.

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Winnik-Holland-Komarov
Booth-T.Smith-Panik

Kadri-Phaneuf
Polak-Franson
Rielly-Gardiner/Robidas

I think we could make the playoffs with this roster. Winnipeg did this with Byfuglien, moving him from forward to defense. Byfuglien had a rock solid Norris-like performance against us last Saturday. Why not?

Love it.

Here's a thought...

Since Reimer isn't getting enough starts, let's try him on the blue line.

He's 6'2'' and probably skates backwards better than anyone on the team, and nobody is more aware of the effects of a porous defense.

Lets bring Kaberle back and make him a center . His veteran presence will be a huge benefit as well.

Im going to go lie down now.

PS Big Buff is 260 pounds. Kadri maybe 190. Just saying...

Last edited by a moderator:

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Winnik-Holland-Komarov
Booth-T.Smith-Panik

Kadri-Phaneuf
Polak-Franson
Rielly-Gardiner/Robidas

maybe if you said, hey, Gardiner played forward, how about we convert him to Center your post wouldnt be insane... Kadri is too soft to play defense even if he was defensive minded (which he is not)

We have Rielly to be our fast shifty puck mover ...at he is solidly built, and actually a d-man.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahha

hahahahahahahaa

Swayze*

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Winnik-Holland-Komarov
Booth-T.Smith-Panik

Kadri-Phaneuf
Polak-Franson
Rielly-Gardiner/Robidas

:facepalm:

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010

:whaaa?:

Time to look up from the spreadsheet.

Darkside Blue

There/They're/Their
Feb 17, 2014
Why not? Seems like anything goes this season. Maybe give James Reimer a few shifts on defense as well, so he can clear his crease for a change and maybe knock a few heads on guys who have run him in the past.

wmark

Apr 5, 2014
I purpose that we move Tyler Bozak to Defense and Holzer to 1st line centre.

Holzer has 4 ES points in the last 16 games.

Bozak has 4 ES points in the last 16 games.

Holzer will give us size down the middle.

Production should remain the same.

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
They should sign me to a 1 game option.

That's along the same lines of realistic and thoughtful discussion this discussion should get.

I'll be monitoring my private message Dave / Brendan.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Kadri was tried on the point on the PP in place of a Dman and that is the closest he will ever come to playing defense in the NHL.

Defense are move to forward on occasion (Red Kelly, Wendel Clark, Gary Leeman etc) but you seldom if ever see a forward moved to defense.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I Agree. Nylander played the point on the powerplay for Team Sweden, we can make him a D too!

Phaneuf - Kadri
Rielly - Nylander

AWESOME!

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
lol this is my problem with advanced stats, not the stats themselves but everyone who thinks they have become a statistical analyst who knows what these stats are actually saying.

This of course is an extreme example

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
I suggest we go the other direction, make our soft cheating forwards play D for a few games.

After Kessel gets creamed a few times in the corner because he has no outlet pass, he'll probably understand why he should provide an easier outlet in his own zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad