move dubinsky and/or anisimov to wing

jordanwill21

Jul 6, 2014
I am going to try and make this short and sweet as possible. I personally feel like moving anisimov or dubinsky to wing would greatly help our second line. I know that both are great two way centers but they both have moments of greatness at times offensively, and i feel that wing may free them up to be a more agressive on the forecheck (not that they aren't already). Just another little idea with it, this would also free up a third line center spot (possibly for wenneburg). Fourth line wouldn't be giving him enough minutes but if he proves his worth it could all work out

jenner johansen horton
hartnell anisimov dubinsky
foligno wenneburg atkinson
calvert letestu hjalmarsson? < take your pick

before you jump on me about calvert on the fourth he will see plenty of mintues (we roll four lines) and he is a fantastic penalty killer and damn good on the pp as well

Just interested in hearing all of your thoughts on the idea. Always looking for new insight.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I think your proposal is worth trying, but if Wennberg's a drop-off in any way from Arty/Duby then its probably best to wait a year or two for him to develop before putting him at center.

jordanwill21

Jul 6, 2014
If wenneburg doesn't fill arty's shoes then what about giving jenner a shot at center after all it is his original position. I think hartnell would complement the top line very well and give johansen true veterans who have been there i think would help make him an even better player possibly. Not saying i would do this but who would have thought last year that boone jenner would be a 1st line left wing. Things suprise you sometimes and for us anymore it seems like for the better

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Anisimov just isnt nearly the same on the wing and although Dubi is good on the wing he's much better in the middle and I am quite sure Wennberg wouldnt be a better option. I understand the reasoning but I dont think its going to happen. Wennberg has played LW before too so its not like wing is going to be a massive change. Plus as major points out we can just let him develop for a year and use him as a call up, we are in a much better situation then past years when it comes to depth and prospects

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Maybe when Wennberg is capable of being an NHL center, but not before. I have a hard time moving vets out of their comfort zone to make room for some kid. He needs to push his way on the team, let alone in one of the C spots. I know people are high on Wennberg but he doesn't look ready to me, or even close to it. We'll see what happens in training camp.

Also, as someone else said, this doesn't take Jenner into account at all.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I am going to try and make this short and sweet as possible. I personally feel like moving anisimov or dubinsky to wing would greatly help our second line. I know that both are great two way centers but they both have moments of greatness at times offensively, and i feel that wing may free them up to be a more agressive on the forecheck (not that they aren't already). Just another little idea with it, this would also free up a third line center spot (possibly for wenneburg). Fourth line wouldn't be giving him enough minutes but if he proves his worth it could all work out

jenner johansen horton
hartnell anisimov dubinsky
foligno wenneburg atkinson
calvert letestu hjalmarsson? < take your pick

before you jump on me about calvert on the fourth he will see plenty of mintues (we roll four lines) and he is a fantastic penalty killer and damn good on the pp as well

Just interested in hearing all of your thoughts on the idea. Always looking for new insight.

I don't know much about Hjalmarsson, but I seriously doubt he takes a healthy Boll's spot, despite what most of you would like to see...

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Dubinsky and/or Anisimov to wing is likely at some point but I don't think it is this year. There is no way to predict what the young players will become but it is very possible that Joey, Wennberg and Jenner are the top 3 centers within the next 3 years (possibly sooner if they actual develop as predicted/hoped). That still leaves guys like Dano and Chaput who also are natural C with Chaput a likely 4C at the NHL level. Dano is a wildcard in my opinion.

Anyway, AA and Dubi to wing is a big possibility, however, I still think AA would offer more on the trade market than his play would dictate on the wing. He's a better center.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Why Move Anisimov to wing when he'll only be here one more year :laugh:

Seriously, I do believe AA is gone after two years one way or the other but if he is not then I think the coaches have to figure out who the 2nd and 3rd centers are.

I don't think anything happens this year. If Wennberg makes it he'll be on a wing somewhere the way Boston brought Seguin along. Jenner is pretty much a lock at wing and may stay for his entire career.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I think we ought to wait to see what Wennberg does in training camp before creating a spot for him.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Why Move Anisimov to wing when he'll only be here one more year :laugh:

Seriously, I do believe AA is gone after two years one way or the other but if he is not then I think the coaches have to figure out who the 2nd and 3rd centers are.

I don't think anything happens this year. If Wennberg makes it he'll be on a wing somewhere the way Boston brought Seguin along. Jenner is pretty much a lock at wing and may stay for his entire career.

If we all agree that the time to make space for Wennberg is next year, not now, then we should also acknowledge that so much can change in a year vis a vis Anisimov. He might need to be moved, or everything might change and someone else will go.

jordanwill21

Jul 6, 2014
wenneburg looked great in development camp and he really really wants to make the jackets this year. he is a lot faster and stronger this year and has make great stides in proving he is about ready for the nhl. if he improves from what i saw in development camp personally i think it would be hard not to start him. that being said, this scenario only happens IF dubinsky or anisimov move to wing otherwise i only see a fourth line wing spot for him which wouldn't give him the necessary minutes he needs to develop.

FYI the kid has crazy hockey smarts on the ice. reminds me of toews in a way not saying that they will be the same calibur player but both are exremely smart and great two way centers

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
wenneburg looked great in development camp and he really really wants to make the jackets this year. he is a lot faster and stronger this year and has make great stides in proving he is about ready for the nhl. if he improves from what i saw in development camp personally i think it would be hard not to start him. that being said, this scenario only happens IF dubinsky or anisimov move to wing otherwise i only see a fourth line wing spot for him which wouldn't give him the necessary minutes he needs to develop.

FYI the kid has crazy hockey smarts on the ice. reminds me of toews in a way not saying that they will be the same calibur player but both are exremely smart and great two way centers

I'm only for moving Dubi to the wing if Wennburg is 100% ready for the NHL like Jenner from last year, and if the coaches want Wennburg at Center. I'm not putting much weight into his performance at development camp to force and proclaim a roster spot this early. I'll wait until Traverse City, training camp, and preseason before jumping to those judgements.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
I could see Wennberg at a wing before I could imagine moving Arty and Dubinsky to the wing. If the kid makes it (big if) this season, he could play wing and move back to center as he matures.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
If Jenner/Wennberg are ready for the defensive responsibilities, and able to win more faceoffs than Arty/Dubi, then fine with me.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio

I'm for breaking Wennberg in slowly. If he makes the roster and that's a pretty big if, then I think Richards will put him on a 3rd or 4th line wing. This will lessen his defensive responsibilities and allow him time to learn to play on small ice and in the NHL. If he can succeed in that role, then he may get to play center in a bottom 6 role and work his way up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad