Mountain Dew Endorsement clarification... ?

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
I got reading through the Mountain Dew endorsement requirements today. Where it says "more than 100 points," "more than 60 points," etc... I was always under the impression that if a qualified CHL player got to 100 points (for example) that the team would be awarded the endorsement money... or does the player have to get to 101 points to qualify (the verbage says 'more than 100 points')?

So my question is, are these point totals listed the number of points a player need to meet or exceed, or do they in fact have to surpass the number listed (ie. 101 points, 61 points, etc)? I know it's just one point, but that could be the difference in $1M being awarded or not awarded.

Mountain Due
Eligibility:
1/ the player must be 21 years or younger as of Sept 30th, 2006.
2/ the player must have played in less than 40 NHL games during their career
3/ the player must remain unsigned and on the team’s prospect list
Criteria: Must have a prospect who accomplishes one of the following:
- Forward with more than 100 points in the CHL
- Forward with more than 60 points in the NCAA
- Forward with more than 40 points in the AHL
- Forward with more than 30 points in a top European league
- Defenceman with more than 65 points in the CHL
- Defenceman with more than 40 points in the NCAA
- Defenceman with more than 30 points in the AHL
- Defenceman with more than 20 points in a top EL
- Goalie who finishes in the top 3 in either GAA or SVG in a CHL league
- Goalie who finishes in the top 5 in either GAA or SVG in the NCAA
- Goalie who finishes in the top 5 in either GAA or SVG in the AHL
- Goalie who finishes in the top 5 in either GAA or SVG in a Top EL.
- Any player who wins an MVP or Major Award in a CHL league
- Any player nominated for the Hobey Baker Award in the NCAA
- Any player winning rookie of the year or named to the all-star team in the AHL or a top EL
- Any player being named to the all-tournament team at the WJC
Fee: $1 million
Revenue: $1 million per player qualified (limit of one award per individual player and to a maximum of $4 million)
* Top European League would only be the Swedish Elite League, Finnish Elite League, Russian Super League, Czech Elite League, Swiss Elite League or Slovakian Elite League

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I think we'll go with "100 points or more" as a clarification, and things like 'tied for 5th' would still qualify as top 5 in something (i.e. save percentage)

I've got a question...and i think we addressed it a little while back, but I don;t remember. what about those handful of guys that aren'y good enough yet to be HFNHL players but are destroying the NHL as rookies (ie. Kopitar and Malkin). If they break 60 points in the NHL (which is clearly a harder league than the AHL) do they qualify for the Mountain Dew award?

Or did we say that because they'll be ready to go next season with a great rating, that's a reward in itself?

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I've got a question...and i think we addressed it a little while back, but I don;t remember. what about those handful of guys that aren'y good enough yet to be HFNHL players but are destroying the NHL as rookies (ie. Kopitar and Malkin). If they break 60 points in the NHL (which is clearly a harder league than the AHL) do they qualify for the Mountain Dew award?

Or did we say that because they'll be ready to go next season with a great rating, that's a reward in itself?

You got it.

Those players represent a tremendous advantage in that they are still under the rookie cap next year (for 3 years) and represent huge value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad