Proposal: Moulson for J.T. Miller

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
My Islander friend and I had a difference in opinion on this trade. So we decided to ask the boards? Moulson for Miller straight up as Islander fans do you do it? Moulson contract is up at seasons end.

No thanks. Not sending the Rangers a 30+ goal scorer.

Snow said several weeks ago, he wants to keep Moulson+Andrew MacDonald. Hopefully, Snow and Moulson's rep can find common ground.

The Rangers are the last team in the nhl, I want getting a quality scorer.

19NYSports91

Feb 1, 2012
Long Island
No thanks. Not sending the Rangers a 30+ goal scorer.

Snow said several weeks ago, he wants to keep Moulson+Andrew MacDonald. Hopefully, Snow and Moulson's rep can find common ground.

The Rangers are the last team in the nhl, I want getting a quality scorer.

What else is he going to say lol? No, I don't want to bring back Moulson?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
My Islander friend and I had a difference in opinion on this trade. So we decided to ask the boards? Moulson for Miller straight up as Islander fans do you do it? Moulson contract is up at seasons end.

I'm wondering what your take on it was...

Cacciaguida

Jan 11, 2010
Ottawa
not even close in value.

Maybe add a first round pick and another decent prospect, but only if Moulson states he's not staying.
We're not trading a 30 goal score to our biggest rival. Especially for so little.

I can't even recall if we've ever traded with the Rangers, even once.

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com
Why was it BS? He said he wanted to try and sign Streit, Vis and Nabokov. And two of them signed.

That should have read streit and boyes. Stupid auto correct.

Garth is no dummy he knew what the cost was for streit and he wasn't going to pay it. He also had conversation s with brad boyes and had folks believing via the media that he wanted him back too.

These are the kind of things you have to say as a gm. I didn't believe it last year and said so. Its called lip service. In other words he isn't going to come out and say.... nah we'll pass in fact I can't wait for Molson and amacs contracts to expire so they can get out of town. It just doesn't happen, so these quotes are often disingenuous and not at all news nor should you take him at his word in these types of cases

MTK

Sep 26, 2007
West Islip
not even close in value.

Maybe add a first round pick and another decent prospect, but only if Moulson states he's not staying.
We're not trading a 30 goal score to our biggest rival. Especially for so little.

I can't even recall if we've ever traded with the Rangers, even once.

We traded Jyri Niemi to NYR for a 6th round pick a couple years back, before that it was something like 23+ years.

I rather trade Moulson to the NYR for their can't miss prospects Bobby Sanguinetti and Evgeny Grachev ..Oh wait:sarcasm:

JT Miller is not for certain an NHL player and is only valuable to NYR and no other team at this time. He didn't do much last year for the 20+ games he was up and was just sent down this year. Not saying that he will not be an NHL regular but needs to show more

I would ride Moulson out past the deadline even if he isn't resigned at that point in the season depending on if the Islanders are playing good. I rather have NYI go deep in the playoff and could care less of what we could of got for him in a trade if that is the situation.

On the other side of the coin, Moulson has only produced playing with Tavares in the NHL and that I can imagine is the big concern with other teams. If PAP got 4 million, Moulson is getting paid.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
Moulson might require some serious dough but like some have pointed out... Miller is only valued to the rangers at this point.

That being said, I wouldn't hate moving MM for a top tier young player. The rangers at one point traded Gomez for one of the best young defenders in the game. I am sure if Snow had the marbles to separate Moulson and Tavares we could fetch something.

Sidebar, look at the contracts Snow has gotten players to sign. You think he can't swing something with MM?

19NYSports91

Feb 1, 2012
Long Island
Moulson might require some serious dough but like some have pointed out... Miller is only valued to the rangers at this point.

That being said, I wouldn't hate moving MM for a top tier young player. The rangers at one point traded Gomez for one of the best young defenders in the game. I am sure if Snow had the marbles to separate Moulson and Tavares we could fetch something.

Sidebar, look at the contracts Snow has gotten players to sign. You think he can't swing something with MM?

He already did....Not going to happen again.

Aucoin3

Aug 9, 2005
This idea is horrible. There are not many proven NHL 30 goal scorers. Sign the guy. Leave J.T. Miller for the Whale

patrick

Feb 10, 2012
Lol

JT Miller is a lot more likely to be the next Ken Gernander or Christian Dube than the next Matt Moulson.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Are we going to hear about trading JT's left hip all year? We still need someone for the right wing(not Okposo, not Bailey on the off side), so lets get rid of Moulson ASAP.
For who?

Steve55

Aug 21, 2005
Burnaby, BC, Canada
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JT_Miller

Jonathan Tanner Miller (born March 14, 1993) is an American ice hockey player who currently plays for the Connecticut Whale of the American Hockey League in the New York Rangers' organization. Miller previously played for the USA Hockey National Team Development Program of the United States Hockey League (USHL).[1] He was selected 15th overall in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft by the New York Rangers.[2]

Career statistics[edit]

2009–10 U.S. National Development Team USHL 29 5 7 12 32 +1 — — — — —
2010–11 U.S. National Development Team USHL 21 3 12 15 48 +4 — — — — —
2011-12 Plymouth Whalers OHL 61 25 37 62 61 +8 13 2 8 10 18
2011–12 Connecticut Whale AHL — — — — — — 8 0 1 1 2
2012–13 Connecticut Whale AHL 42 8 15 23 29 -12 — — — — —
2012–13 New York Rangers NHL 26 2 2 4 8 -7 — — — — —

No way the Isles should trade Moulson for this guy. MM is comparable to Ziggy Palffy in 90s.

Islanderfan17

Aug 24, 2010
Zero interest in trading Moulson if he continues to score goals, would love to see him re-signed. Might cost some money, but it's money that we actually have since we haven't spent it in stupid ways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->