Proposal: Moulson for J.T. Miller

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Take the established player every time. Moulson is a 1st line LW that has good size and hands around the net. Isn't he what most of us are clamoring for? Miller safely projects to be a 2nd-3rd line tweener, but he's not there yet. We're the New York Rangers, we're almost always in a win now mode, this year is no different.

If you ask me, the Rangers run away laughing in this exchange. PA Parenteau is doing pretty ok for himself in Colorado. Moulson would still succeed even without Tavares as his center. Unless the Islanders are afraid to lose him next summer, why would the Islanders trade him?

Edit: with Richards presumably being bought out, the Rangers would have plenty of cap space to re-sign Moulson.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
If we want Moulson might as well just wait until FA and make a play then. Can't see him being the difference maker this season and we don't give up a useful asset

PIM

Aug 1, 2013
NY
Take the established player every time. Moulson is a 1st line LW that has good size and hands around the net. Isn't he what most of us are clamoring for? Miller safely projects to be a 2nd-3rd line tweener, but he's not there yet. We're the New York Rangers, we're almost always in a win now mode, this year is no different.

If you ask me, the Rangers run away laughing in this exchange. PA Parenteau is doing pretty ok for himself in Colorado. Moulson would still succeed even without Tavares as his center. Unless the Islanders are afraid to lose him next summer, why would the Islanders trade him?

Edit: with Richards presumably being bought out, the Rangers would have plenty of cap space to re-sign Moulson.

Just remember what the established players have brought us over the years. Richards. Gomez. Lindros. Bure. I could keep going but my heart hurts. Time to stick with our home grown guys. If we've learned anything from the Rangers, the home grown guys are money, and the "established" old guys are cancerous.

Fanned On It

Dec 20, 2011
New York
This might be one of the worst trade proposals i've read on here.

Miller could be similar to Kessler. Moulson is a product of Tavares.

Haha that's a joke. I doubt Miller will amount to anything more than a solid third line player. Let's be real. This is a Ranger prospect we're talking about here...

Anyway... I would do this trade if, you know, Matt Moulson's contract wasn't expiring at the end of the year... It would be asinine to trade one of your more *hopeful* prospects for a dude that's only going to help you for a year and then go wherever the money's at.

PIM

Aug 1, 2013
NY
Haha that's a joke. I doubt Miller will amount to anything more than a solid third line player. Let's be real. This is a Ranger prospect we're talking about here...

Anyway... I would do this trade if, you know, Matt Moulson's contract wasn't expiring at the end of the year... It would be asinine to trade one of your more *hopeful* prospects for a dude that's only going to help you for a year and then go wherever the money's at.

Miller is Ryan Callahan, center version, and with bigger balls. He'll be a 20-30 goal/70 point, penalty killing, physical center easily.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
Ah I knew something was wrong, we don't have a big fat mess up the Rangers proposal thread. Btw I would rather hold onto Miller.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
Miller is Ryan Callahan, center version, and with bigger balls. He'll be a 20-30 goal/70 point, penalty killing, physical center easily.

If we are lucky he reaches his potential as should be something like this but I seriously doubt he ever will play with bigger balls than Callahan.

PIM

Aug 1, 2013
NY
If we are lucky he reaches his potential as should be something like this but I seriously doubt he ever will play with bigger balls than Callahan.

Well we all know his balls are bigger, watch his interviews. I seriously doubt that JT Miller gives a damn about anyone but JT Miller. And that's a good thing. That kid is confident, he's not humble and soft at any point. Ever. JT does not F around. Maybe that'll change as he gets older, but I really hope not. I could see him being more belligerent than Roy when he gets to the promised land and I wouldn't mind one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad