Most Valuable for his team? Carey Price Vs Henrik Lundqvist

Status
Not open for further replies.

yzerman

Apr 23, 2017
Sweden
The two most dominant Goaltenders for their teams as through the years has been extremely valuable, but which goaltender is the most valuable for their team in your opinion?

edit What i mean in this poll is their whole NHL careers in consideration not now or recent

Last edited:

yzerman

Apr 23, 2017
Sweden
Well.. considering how the Rangers have played with their backups in recent years, i'd say Price and it's not close.

Yes but Talbot and Raanta was 1B type of goaltenders in the back up role behind Lundqvist and both will be starters next season.So how well the team has played without Lundqvist is more up to the strenght of Talbot and Raanta.

What if Lundqvist was longtime injury and Montoya or Condon was the Nr 1 for a longer time for the Rangers in earlier seasons that will be the the question here.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Yes but Talbot and Raanta was 1B type of goaltenders in the back up role behind Lundqvist and both will be starters next season.So how well the team has played without Lundqvist is more up to the strenght of Talbot and Raanta.

What if Lundqvist was longtime injury and Montoya or Condon was the Nr 1 for a longer time for the Rangers in earlier seasons thats the question.

Well seeing as Condon kept Ottawa in the playoff race most of the year while Andy was away maybe he isnt the best example. But I'm assuming you mean 2 years ago Condon when he was MTLs starter essentially

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Today? Price by an absolute landslide. Price might win a poll against McDavid with this specific question.

yzerman

Apr 23, 2017
Sweden
Well seeing as Condon kept Ottawa in the playoff race most of the year while Andy was away maybe he isnt the best example. But I'm assuming you mean 2 years ago Condon when he was MTLs starter essentially

Yes when Condon was in Montreal ,that season i Think Talbot was much better

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
People already seem to have forgotten the playoffs 2017 it think it shows anything other than a landslide.

Rangers can get to the playoffs with average goaltending (which Henrik was last regular season).

Habs can't even get to the playoffs unless their goaltending is top notch, and luckily Price is arguably the best in the world.

I don't think it's even debatable which goalie is more valuable to their teams success.

Neither were 1B's before spending time in NY.

yzerman

Apr 23, 2017
Sweden
Rangers can get to the playoffs with average goaltending (which Henrik was last regular season).

Habs can't even get to the playoffs unless their goaltending is top notch, and luckily Price is arguably the best in the world.

I don't think it's even debatable which goalie is more valuable to their teams success.

Neither were 1B's before spending time in NY.

Yes But people compare Lundqvist in this poll like he is much less valuable,ok he looses against Price here but i think realistic it should be 60/40

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Yes But people compare Lundqvist in this poll like he is much less valuable,ok he looses against Price here but i think realistic it should be 60/40

That's because he is. Price is arguably the best goalie in the world in his prime.

But it's not just about that, you asked a question of which goalie is more valuable to their team, Habs being a worse team vs the Rangers means they rely more on their goalie to win hockey games.

So the way you worded that question means, if we clone Carey Price and put him on the Rangers, by default the Price playing in Montreal is still more valuable to their teams success, than the Price playing in New York.

It's a landslide because it's not really debatable what the answer here is. Not because Hank is not a good goalie or that he's not important to the Rangers.

yzerman

Apr 23, 2017
Sweden
That's because he is. Price is arguably the best goalie in the world in his prime.

But it's not just about that, you asked a question of which goalie is more valuable to their team, Habs being a worse team vs the Rangers means they rely more on their goalie to win hockey games.

So the way you worded that question means, if we clone Carey Price and put him on the Rangers, by default the Price playing in Montreal is still more valuable to their teams success, than the Price playing in New York.

It's a landslide because it's not really debatable what the answer here is. Not because Hank is not a good goalie or that he's not important to the Rangers.

Yes but take in consideration that i wrote through the years and i meant that Lundqvist have had a big value for a longer time and maybe that would make it moore even when people woted.it's easy to forget the years Lundqvist had in rangers before Price even was beginning to be good.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Yes but take in consideration that i wrote through the years and i meant that Lundqvist have had a big value for a longer time and maybe that would make it moore even when people woted.it's easy to forget the years Lundqvist had in rangers before Price even was beginning to be good.

Your question was still about the present time though.

yzerman

Apr 23, 2017
Sweden
Your question was still about the present time though.

No the question is through the years not right now ,if the question was right now i should have written right now in my first post and the answer to that is to easy.In my first post i wrote through the years to give Lundqvist a fair chance.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Carey Price is more valuable. Mon is not even a playoff team without Price. Rangers is still a playoff team without Henrik

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
No the question is through the years not right now ,if the question was right now i should have written right now in my first post and the answer to that is to easy.In my first post i wrote through the years to give Lundqvist a fair chance.

Why does Lundqvist need a "fair chance"? This isn't debatable. Its Price AINEC.

Carey Price is more valuable. Mon is not even a playoff team without Price. Rangers is still a playoff team without Henrik

Yep. Even with Pavelec, I still think we are a playoff team. Without Price... I guess Montreal would enjoy Dahlin to replace Markov.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Price. Montreal is in the hunt for a top 5 pick without him.

As good and valuable as Lundqvist is to the Rangers, they at least have enough of a roster that they'd be in the playoff mix without him with a decent backup. Though, to be fair, they have Pavelec so "decent" may be a stretch.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016

Yep. Even with Pavelec, I still think we are a playoff team. Without Price... I guess Montreal would enjoy Dahlin to replace Markov.

2016 Mon wasn't a playoff team without Price. I don't see any positions that got stronger since 2016

yzerman

Apr 23, 2017
Sweden

If the poll only was in recent time or now Price is the easy choise what i meant was through the years in post 1 their whole careers and for me I vote Lundqvist by a slim margin thanks to the years ha had with the rangers before Price even become really good.

The purpose was to se if Lundqvist with a longer career could match Price in value in total but i wrote it difficult to understand.

Syrinx

Jul 7, 2005
Cary, NC
Price by a mile. That doesn't mean he's necessarily a better goaltender. Without Price the Habs would be a lottery pick most years. Without Lundqvist, the Rangers are still competitive most years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad