Most underrated/overrated prospects on HFBOARDS?

Randall Graves*

I think this could spark a good discussion. What prospects that seem to be so highly talked about here make you shake your head? and on the contrary what prospects that DON'T seem to be highly talked about make you want to pimp(yes I used pimp on a hockey forum) this player?

Kosikarzzz

Mar 10, 2004
Windsor
"Lats" seems to get alot of praise. The guy already has a short form for his name and he hasn't even played in the NHL yet. He is a pretty good player and I think that Hab fans are just pumped to have a big power forward in thier line up. I don't really blame them tho...they have lacked size up front for a while.
I'd take him...hopefully he doesn't pan out tho...for the Bruins sake!

BIG GIFS

Apr 29, 2004
You can make a search, and you will see that those kind of thread always end up being closed because it always end up in a war.

KH1

Overrated: Zach Parise, who I think will be a very good NHLer but will not be the 30 goal scorer that many on this site assume he will be.

Underrated: David Setoguchi, who I think will be a huge contributor in San Jose but gets hardly any mention on this site.

Homer Pick: Jeremy Colliton, who is usually an afterthought, even on the Isles board.

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
Dustin Boyd I don't think gets the credit he deserves and has already had a very solid prospect camp for the Flames.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Underrated: JF Jacques Edmonton. The "other guy" in the Pouliot/Parise trade. 6'4" 220lb guy who loves to hit and has decent hands. 20+ goals in his first AHL season out of Junior.

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
Overrated - Radulov - I'm not saying he won't be a good or even great player but I think he's overrated on these boards.

Underrated - Cam Barker - The guy gets almost 0 recognition around here.

Reactions: NJ DevLolz

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
Overrated - Radulov - I'm not saying he won't be a good or even great player but I think he's overrated on these boards.

Underrated - Cam Barker - The guy gets almost 0 recognition around here.

I agree. Barker is gonna be a stud in a couple years.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
It seems from time to time the most overrated and underated are the same people. First the guy gets no respect or way too much. Then he gets too much and all people do is fall in love with his game or all they can is find flaws in his game and nit pick. Then is kind of evens out. You know he had a prety good year, or what did he really do.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Underrated: Roman Voloshenko, first year in the AHL and on American Ice and did pretty well for a guy that isn't suppose to have great skating ability.

Abyss

GO BRUINS
Jun 20, 2005
CT
Beat me to it.

Yes I did. However one could say since someone else was going to post him, he isn't underated :teach:

But yeah, seriously...nobody knows who he is and, well...they should. He is gonna be a stud.

Safir*

I think you rank them in a more similistic way.

Overrated: Prospects from teams, who are represented by a huge numbers of fans (posters) on HF like the Leafs, Habs, Oilers...etc.

Underrated: Prospects from teams, who are represented by a small numbers of fans (posters) on HF like the Wild, Hawks, Stars...etc.

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
underrated= roman voloshenko...

he never gets anyone talking about him besides a few wild fans.

Even though he's a top 50 rated prospect last year and put up a monster year in the AHL.

Crosby=Gretzky

Dec 7, 2004
i lost myself
I think that Bobby Ryan isn't talked about much at all. But I don't know if he's underrated. As other posters said, Barker is also zero talked about, and underrated.
Radulov is overrated, can't think of any one else out of the top of my head that hasn't been mentioned before. It's abit early to say that any of the 06 draftees is over- or underrated, but Staal's a bit too highly thought of sometimes, and I still think that Little is questioned and underrated because of his size.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Overrated: I won't make friends, but Malkin... I saw some people saying he's already better than Lemieux... whoa come on, let him at least play a full season in the NHL :biglaugh:

Underrated: Matt Pelech, Ryan O'Byrne...

DLMDLM

Aug 24, 2004
London Ontario
Underrated: Matt Pelech, Ryan O'Byrne...[/QUOTE]

Really? Why do you say that he is better then people make him out to be?

I'm a season ticket holder in London and I wasn't too impressed but I'm not one to say that he is terrible either. He could become a very nice player but I don't think he has come close to meeting the very lofty expectations of the Flames.

That being said ... I have read on here that he is a complete pylon and we both know that isn't true.

I hope he does well this year and goes on to the A with flying colours.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->