Most underrated NHL teams

Most underrated NHL teams

• Total voters

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I am saying people on this board have countless times stated the Leafs are being picked by the media as slam-dunk cup champs. It's simply not true.
Who cares if SN posted about Vegas odds? Their own people overwelmingly believe Winnipeg will win the cup.

Soooo you think that makes the Leafs underrated?

Because people think one of the other best teams in the league that made it to the conference finals is a favourite?

Jesus. Incredible.

So for you if the Leafs aren't first in all predictions they're underrated?

Lmao

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I went Habs, Ducks and Stars.

Devils a great pick as well.

Didn't have Canes, thought they would look great this season but also a good pick.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Voted Vegas.
When they do good things = fluke.
When they struggle = that's more like it.

Reactions: Taluss

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Much more of an interesting poll having multiple selections. Should have done that on the Overrated poll

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
It's the Leafs.

Just like in the overrated poll, where a large segment of the fanbase is etching their name onto the Cup, a large segment of the fanbase is dismissive of the Leafs because... Well... they're the Leafs.

The Leafs are the most polarizing team in the entire league -- either you love them or you despise them, there is very little middle ground. The most rabid Leaf fans (and a good part of the reason they're hated by almost everyone else) think the Cup is theirs already. The most ardent Leaf haters blindly refuse to accept that the Leafs actually have a pretty decent team this year.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
It's the Leafs.

Just like in the overrated poll, where a large segment of the fanbase is etching their name onto the Cup, a large segment of the fanbase is dismissive of the Leafs because... Well... they're the Leafs.

The Leafs are the most polarizing team in the entire league -- either you love them or you despise them, there is very little middle ground. The most rabid Leaf fans (and a good part of the reason they're hated by almost everyone else) think the Cup is theirs already. The most ardent Leaf haters blindly refuse to accept that the Leafs actually have a pretty decent team this year.

Find me a NHL standings prediction of the 2018-19 season where the Leafs aren't top 5.

Then talk to me about underrated.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
The is easily the Leafs.
How exactly? Everyone had them as a top 5 team.

A lot of people said and probably still say they will most likely fail in the playoffs.

It's almost as if you don't say the Leafs are the best team in the league Leafs fans talk about how incredibly underrated they are.

I suppose this falls into the poor me victim mentality obsession.

Question for you gamer, do you feel you overrate the Leafs and their players?

Last edited:
Reactions: bert and Snowman

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012

A lot of people said and probably still say they will most likely fail in the playoffs.

It's almost as if you don't say the Leafs are the best team in the league Leafs fans talk about how incredibly underrated they are.

I suppose this falls into the poor me victim mentality.

Nah, I dont feel I overrate the leafs or their players. I feel that leafs players are underrated by opposing fans on this site for sure.

Reactions: Pyrophorus

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

I suppose this falls into the poor me victim mentality obsession.

lmao.

already trying to rewrite history.

who is this everybody that called them top 5? certainly not you.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
It's the Leafs.

there isn't one leafs fan in existence who thinks the cup is theirs already.

Reactions: Pyrophorus

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Longer Leaf season=more advertising=more money
Those are the CEO's though.

No pundit has picked them.

I get that.

The reason no one is picking them is that they haven’t won yet in the playoffs.

It’s inevitable at this point - but it will take a little time.

I can’t think of a team that vaults from no playoff winning pedigree to Stanley Cup favourite overnight.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Avalanche. why are they not talked about more is beyond me. They potentially have 2 90 point players in their line up this year, it's insane.

OilCanada92

May 1, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
There is no answer to this question. The winner of an underrated contest clearly is not underrated. This poll is here to tell us who definitely isn't underrated.

Reactions: Boud

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad