Most underrated NHL teams

Most underrated NHL teams

• Total voters

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Notice all these these articles are from Vegas odds or NHL players?

Not all.

If people are legitimately trying to make the case that the Leafs are an underrated "flying under the radar" type of contending team, I feel like I'm in bizarro world.

A110lzVUOnL._AC_UL320_SR232,320_.jpg

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Not all.

If people are legitimately trying to make the case that the Leafs are an underrated "flying under the radar" type of contending team, I feel like I'm in bizarro world.

I am saying people on this board have countless times stated the Leafs are being picked by the media as slam-dunk cup champs. It's simply not true.
Who cares if SN posted about Vegas odds? Their own people overwelmingly believe Winnipeg will win the cup.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Habs Hawks and Ducks

Habs - homer vote. But also - everyone expects them to be a bottom feeder and i maintain that a Carey Price in top forms almost guarantees you a playoff berth

Chicago. They won 3 cups. Yet everyone expects them to be at the bottom of their dividion this year. If they make the playoffs i think they can have 1 more run in them with that core

Ducks. For years they've been the best team in their division. I think people are sleeping on them a bit. I dont think they win the cup or anything but i can see them compete for division lead

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
The Leafs are NOT underrated. Majority of the hockey world sees them as a pretty surefire playoff team which is what they are

They are on the tier right below the very top top contenders imo - teams like Pitt or Wash or Tampa with playoff success

Nino33

Jul 5, 2015
Leafs. Picked by no actual analysts to win anything, and everyone acts like they are THE choice by everyone to win it all.
That fanbase provided all evidence in the overrated thread. The network which actually owns the Leafs that everyone claims is biased picked the Leafs to win nothing.
Your complaint seems to be that the Leafs aren't predicted by analysts to make the Stanley Cup Final/win the Stanley Cup.....maybe given the team's young and yet to win a playoff round it seems reasonable analysts are hesitant to anoint them Conference/League champions?

Personally I think the media's primary focus is getting attention/making money; pointing to their opinions doesn't prove anything to me (i.e. what you call evidence I call media opinion geared to generate attention/money)

Reactions: dukeofjive

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Watch leafs win most overrated and most underrated...lol.

Personally I feel like they are rated properly, which is possible contenders for the cup but certainly not favorited. Give it a year or 2 and that’s a different story.

Basically for me in terms of the leafs:
Underrated: Anything under 2nd round
Overrated: Cup winners

Reactions: dukeofjive

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Watch leafs win most overrated and most underrated...lol.

Personally I feel like they are rated properly, which is possible contenders for the cup but certainly not favorited. Give it a year or 2 and that’s a different story.

Basically for me in terms of the leafs:
Underrated: Anything under 2nd round
Overrated: Cup winners

The Leafs are simply by far the most rated team

Doesn't make them over or underrated i agree

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad