Most underperforming player (30 game mark)

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
From a personal standpoint: Kopitar, Karlsson, Pietrangelo and Doughty I suppose.

I mean players like Barzal, Price and Provorov are also have a rough time but that's kinda what I expected.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
The 21-year old who is one point off leading his team in scoring?

Great pick.
sure, if you want to say being a comparable player to Lee or Bailey or Brock Nelson is exactly where you hoped he would be after a dominant rookie season. Personally I think it makes more sense to evaluate a player based on his own expectations and performance

HockeyAnalystGenius

Jun 15, 2017
How Have This thread Gone So far without Mentioning Boesser. He has Fallen Of A Cliff. He look like Iginla at the End of His Career.

TMLeafs17

Why so salty?
Oct 5, 2017
Neal. Absolutely invisible it’s ridiculous. He’s worse than Derek ******* Ryan!

From the Leafs it’s Kadri, maybe Sparks.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
LA:
Dion Phaneuf 29GP 0+1 and a -14 5,25M/yr

With 1 assist and a staggering -14 in 29 games, earning 5,25M/yr, I crown Dion as the King of underperforming!

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Kopitar or Karlsson

Kopitar coming off a 92 point Hart nominee + Selke winning season to failing to be the leader LA needs (and is paying him big $ to be). Playing at a 53 point pace in a year scoring is up is pretty atrocious.
He is a notoriously slow starter, but had a trash season in 16-17(?) iirc as well.

Karlsson coming off an injury and playing on a new team I can cut him some slack.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Everyone and their uncle seemed to realize it was a bad contract and Neal isn't worth it. Why didn't NHL General Managers see it?
to be fair when you sign a guy like Neal, you need to pair him in the top 6 with talent...Neal has not been put in that situation much this year - playing him on the third line absolutely wastes his value as that is not his game...the Flames have plenty of scoring with their top 2 lines and are not relying on Neal to score..

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Kopitar or Karlsson

Kopitar coming off a 92 point Hart nominee + Selke winning season to failing to be the leader LA needs (and is paying him big $ to be). Playing at a 53 point pace in a year scoring is up is pretty atrocious.
He is a notoriously slow starter, but had a trash season in 16-17(?) iirc as well.

Karlsson coming off an injury and playing on a new team I can cut him some slack.

Kopitar has a salary of 10M/yr and aiming for 53p and a -3. That is bad, but nowhere near Dions 5,25M/yr aiming for 4p and a -35.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Kopitar has a salary of 10M/yr and aiming for 53p and a -3. That is bad, but nowhere near Dions 5,25M/yr aiming for 4p and a -35.

Dion is pretty atrocious too. Only 15 mins a night with PP time and barely an PK time. Ouch.

Bad for LA, but as an Oilers fan im loving every minute of seeing this Kings team struggle :laugh:

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Those who mention Karlsson clearly haven’t watched enough Sharks games to make that judgment. Marc-Edouard Vlasic has easily been the most disappointing player on San Jose and it’s not even close.

No one cares about Vlasic, that's why Karlsson is more disappointing.

Also come through with your lost avatar bet, bad character to go back on your word...

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
No one cares about Vlasic, that's why Karlsson is more disappointing.

Also come through with your lost avatar bet, bad character to go back on your word...

Vlasic made Team Canada in 2014 and 2016, while Morgan Rielly has never made it and HF can’t shut the f*** up about him, but go off sis.

God, can you f*** off about that off topic bullshit? The avatar bet was never agreed upon, the terms were never laid out and the agreement was never sent to HF Mods, by whom avatar bets are enforceable. Had Nylander not signed, I wouldn’t have asked the guy to change his avatar either, because we never formally agreed upon it.

Reactions: Phu and Sasso09

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Vlasic made Team Canada in 2014 and 2016, while Morgan Rielly has never made it and HF can’t shut the **** up about him, but go off sis.

God, can you **** off about that off topic bull****? The avatar bet was never agreed upon, the terms were never laid out and the agreement was never sent to HF Mods, by whom avatar bets are enforceable. Had Nylander not signed, I wouldn’t have asked the guy to change his avatar either, because we never formally agreed upon it.

No one is denying he was a good player, he just doesn’t move the needle like an Erik Karlsson, never has and never will.

And because of that pedigree that Karlsson carries he’s a far more disappointing player than Vlasic.

Dude you just showed you’re not a man of his word by backing out on that, especially for something that is light hearted and fun.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
The best defensive defenseman in the NHL couldn't move the needle?

Dude, what on earth are you talking about?

Again, no where near the degree that Karlsson does.

Karlsson is the best dman from this generation, forget comparing him to the best defensive dman, Karlsson’s struggles are far, far more disappointing when you factor in the context.

Reactions: Sasso09

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
All still great players but In terms of expectations I'd go

Karlsson
Kopitar
Provorov
Barzal
Sergachev
Patrick
Dahlin ( good, expected instant greatness)
Mittelstadt

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
We are roughly 30 games or just under into the season or a third of year.

So who do you think is the most underperforming player in the league this season?
Relative to expectations at the start of the year

My vote is James Neal
Every highlight package involving Calgary shows them potting goals left right and center.
So much so they are 4th in league scoring.
This is all while their prized UFA signing James Neal has 6 points (3G and 3A) and is 15th on the team in scoring while being the 4th highest paid player.

The LA Kings. All of them. Top to bottom (front office included).

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Kopitar or Karlsson

Let's be honest, him winning selke was a joke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad