Most Underatted Prospects, HF Wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I agree with the above, Petr Prucha. Plays 8 less minutes a night then Ovechkin and only trails him by 3 goals.

Strong Island

Jun 6, 2004
Long Island, NY
FLYLine88 said:
I agree with the above, Petr Prucha. Plays 8 less minutes a night then Ovechkin and only trails him by 3 goals.

The man mentioned in your signature has a bit to do with that, although the more I see of Prucha, the more he seems to create offense by himself. Definitly more confident than at the beginning of the year.

gmdevils

I think that there is a difference between the surprise prospect of the year and the most underrated.

Prucha I would defnitely agree for the surprise of theyear, but no way is he underrated. Everybody and their dog is raving about how great this guy is.

An Ape called Yoko

May 15, 2003
Gothenborg
Visit site
Oiltown16 said:
I've seen no mention of this guy at all really

Alexander Edler
The funny thing regarding him, was that he wasn´t even ranked before the draft.
Sweden is a place where you can find these talents... backdoor... our junior national team always misses talents... and NHL-clubs aren´t bothering enough to go weird places in Sweden.. This is why Håkan Andersson (Detroit Red Wings) can get his lateround picks.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
dkball7 said:
The man mentioned in your signature has a bit to do with that, although the more I see of Prucha, the more he seems to create offense by himself. Definitly more confident than at the beginning of the year.

Jagr and Prucha dont play with each other at even strength. Only recently on the PP.

But if you mean by preparing Prucha and helping him along outside the rink then your right. Jagr invited Prucha to stay with him while he is learning English better and Prucha just came over to the US so Jagr is helping him out.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Boris the Blade said:
Just for the Pens, because I don't know/care enough to find other teams' gems.

Nick Johnson - The kid's got skill. Period. How is he overlooked so often?

Matt Moulson - Consistent scorer for the Big Red. Good size and no real drawback to his game.

Tyler Kennedy - I've never seen him play, but he's got more assists than any of his teammates have points. Anyone who watches him like to comment?

Jordan Morrison - Outscoring Kennedy, but playing with much more productive linemates. Needs to bulk up from his 165, especially since he's 6'0. Again, haven't seen him play. Anyone?
You forgot Goepfert. Not that he'll replace MAF but this kid impresses almost every time I watch him.

Strong Island

Jun 6, 2004
Long Island, NY
FLYLine88 said:
But if you mean by preparing Prucha and helping him along outside the rink then your right. Jagr invited Prucha to stay with him while he is learning English better and Prucha just came over to the US so Jagr is helping him out.

That is what I meant. Who knew you could learn so much from watching "Hockey Night, New York, live"?

Checker*

David Backes

The guy plays on a pretty bad team, but manages to still put up good numbers despite getting all the defensive attention from the competition and his game translates to being a power forward in the NHL.

faucette78

Jan 6, 2005
Ryan Parent

Not even listed in the top 20 prospects for Nashville. He is going to be a good nhl defensive defensemen. Good pick by Nashville.

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
Not sure is he a prospect anymore, but I say Lundqvist. I hope he'll win the Calder and I think he has very good chances to win it.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
I always tought that Kostsytsyn was grossely overrated. But after reading all the relative "hate" that is written about him lately, I'm slowly starting to beleive that he will soon be underrated...

SChan*

Nicklas Backstrom, not drafted yet, but is at only 18 years old taking place as the first line center in SEL team Brynas. The coach dubbed him the next Forsberg as they have similar playing styles.

He will go in the first round this summer.

sling

Dec 22, 2005
Easy...rated 27th overall by HF...Lundqvist. The real deal putting up numbers comparable to Hasek (top 3 GAA top - 3 Save Pct) in his 1st year behind a D with Tom Poti and 2 rookies. And while everyone in the hockey world continues to cream over all things done in the swamp - how about the drafting ability of Christer Rockstrom? Parise this...Parise that...ranked 15th overall by HF. Two words...Petr Prucha. Another Ranger prospect overlooked by the experts.

Camden

May 14, 2005
Definitely D Mike Card from Buffalo ... he has a 5.0D rate. Last year, he had 10 goals, 35 assists, for 45 PTS in 72 GP for Kelowna ... this year, he has 8 goals, 24 assists, for 32 PTS in 25 GP, and is tied for second on Kelowna in +/- with a +12. Grossly underrated, as he would've even have been a first rounder in 2004 ... but had a disappointing year in 2004, but he has really turned his game around since the draft. The draft was almost a "wake up call" for this kid ... has he has the talent ... but a 5.0D is outrageous ... and I'm not even a Buffalo fan.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
4th year player in the WHL, having a breakout season....many NHL drafted players playing in the CHL have that...I dont know about "Grossly underrated".

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
San Jose has a few:

Devin Setoguchi- Doing well enough in the WHL to at least get an 8.0 rating.

Steve Bernier- Could still be a first-line powerforward. And he is over Kaspar on SJ's depth chart IMO.

Matt Carle- For somone this talented and has such superior hockey sense, I would expect an 8, if not a 9 rating. Stick him with a low grade if you want, but he has a high ceiling. Switch Ehrhoff's and Carle's grades. :)

Josh Gorges- Could be a top four defenseman. Yes, he has size issues, but he is very steady defensively.

Thomas Greiss- Look at his DEL statistics. He was named to the German team! Has an excellent skillset and is only getting better. I believe he has franchise goalie potential.

Alex Stalock- A potential starter

Jason Churchill- While I guess he has slipped as of late, another guy with good potential.

Taylor Dakers- Another potential starter

There are a few others, but these are the main ones.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Patty Ice said:
Doug Murray's name is quickly coming out of the mouths of his opponents.

I seem to have underrated him as a prospect.

Whenver someone mentions his name, Shane Doan jumps and looks around in fear....:)

sbtatter

Feb 27, 2005
From the 'dub

Devon Setoguchi
Ryan White
Steven Later (in the 'dub last year)
Alex Plante

Camden

May 14, 2005
4th year player in the WHL, having a breakout season....many NHL drafted players playing in the CHL have that...I dont know about "Grossly underrated".

Actually, he broke out last year, when he got 10 goals for 45 PTS. And yes, talent wise, he is "grossly underrated" as he has great talent and when he was 16 years old he had 7 goals, 22 assists for 29 PTS in 61 games ... and he would have been a first rounder in 2004, but he didn't do so well. He still has one more year of eligibility left in the WHL ... and is tearing it up this year as a 19 year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->