Most Underatted Prospects, HF Wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randall Graves*

Kevin Forbes said:
I put him as Anaheim's #1 prospect!

You all ripped me for putting him ahead of Getzlaf at the time!

What more do you want?
I'm not talking about you, I meant the posters in general...he goes rather unnoticed imo.

xander

Nov 4, 2003
Section A Lynah Rink
Visit site
TransportedUpstater said:
I liked him when I was there...although what's up with their team so far? :madfire:

The defense has been shaky, Mckee isn't having the season he had last year and they lack finishers (Moulson accepted.) Last weekend was intuiging (two wins over Niagara) because they got a huge contribution from the freshman (4 goals and nice play on the blueline from seminoff), and prior to last weekend they where getting nothing from the freshman. Hopefully this meens that the newbies are starting to click and that they can help the top line carry the scoring load.

I'll have more to report after this weekend's game's at Lynah (Fri: Pinceton, Sat. Quinnipiac.) The Saterday game is being broadcast on NESN at 6, if you get that.

Transported Upstater

xander said:
The defense has been shaky, Mckee isn't having the season he had last year and they lack finishers (Moulson accepted.) Last weekend was intuiging (two wins over Niagara) because they got a huge contribution from the freshman (4 goals and nice play on the blueline from seminoff), and prior to last weekend they where getting nothing from the freshman. Hopefully this meens that the newbies are starting to click and that they can help the top line carry the scoring load.

I'll have more to report after this weekend's game's at Lynah (Fri: Pinceton, Sat. Quinnipiac.) The Saterday game is being broadcast on NESN at 6, if you get that.

Change it to SESN, and then it would make sense with my location.
:D

Jeff Goldblum

Apr 19, 2002
Visit site
Just for the Pens, because I don't know/care enough to find other teams' gems.

Nick Johnson - The kid's got skill. Period. How is he overlooked so often?

Matt Moulson - Consistent scorer for the Big Red. Good size and no real drawback to his game.

Tyler Kennedy - I've never seen him play, but he's got more assists than any of his teammates have points. Anyone who watches him like to comment?

Jordan Morrison - Outscoring Kennedy, but playing with much more productive linemates. Needs to bulk up from his 165, especially since he's 6'0. Again, haven't seen him play. Anyone?

xander

Nov 4, 2003
Section A Lynah Rink
Visit site
TransportedUpstater said:
Change it to SESN, and then it would make sense with my location.
:D

yeah i fiqured, but I know directtv has a package for all the SN networks, I thought there might be an off chance...

You could probably find a sports bar that carries it.

knight44

Jul 31, 2005
Toronto
Marek Svatos this guy is amazing has great moves with the puck, i was watching the game vs EDM and he had some moves that would make people go how did he do that. Marek Svatos is 3rd in the rookie race 1 point behind Ovechkin (Mr. Ego), and 4 points behind Sid the kid. Hardly anyone talks about this guy, HF doesnt even put him as a top 50 prospect!

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Pretty much every Blues' prospect is underrated here...

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: if Ottawa or Edmonton or Montreal or Jersey or San Jose or Detroit had five goaltending prospects playing like Bacashihua, Beckford-Tseu, Barulin, Bishop and Schwarz, the hype here would be positively enormous.

But they're all Blues' prospects, so nary a peep about 'em.

Schwarz was a sure-fire Top Ten pick, a franchise goalie, a "can't-miss" guy... until the Blues drafted him. Then, all of a sudden, it was all about finding every little nit-picky thing wrong with his game. :shakehead

Now, I'll grant that he didn't do much in the WHL to improve his standing... but all objective reports that I heard suggest that he was much improved at the end of his one season in Vancouver, compared to what he looked like at the start of the year. And there's no denying that he's playing very, very well now against veterans in a pretty darn good European elite league.

P_B

:bow: :blues

David A. Rainer

Jun 10, 2002
Huntington Beach
profile.myspace.com
Prussian_Blue said:
Pretty much every Blues' prospect is underrated here...

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: if Ottawa or Edmonton or Montreal or Jersey or San Jose or Detroit had five goaltending prospects playing like Bacashihua, Beckford-Tseu, Barulin, Bishop and Schwarz, the hype here would be positively enormous.

But they're all Blues' prospects, so nary a peep about 'em.

Schwarz was a sure-fire Top Ten pick, a franchise goalie, a "can't-miss" guy... until the Blues drafted him. Then, all of a sudden, it was all about finding every little nit-picky thing wrong with his game. :shakehead

Now, I'll grant that he didn't do much in the WHL to improve his standing... but all objective reports that I heard suggest that he was much improved at the end of his one season in Vancouver, compared to what he looked like at the start of the year. And there's no denying that he's playing very, very well now against veterans in a pretty darn good European elite league.

P_B

:bow: :blues
Meh.

I hear this about several teams. Not saying you're wrong, but the argument gets old the more its used.

Re: Schwarz... I'll admit, I never head he was a "can't miss" guy. Franchise? Yes. Possible Top 10 pick? Sure. Can't miss? Nope. It is my understanding that he was one of the most volatile players taken in the draft. (This coming from someone who loves Czech hockey)

Last edited:

Transported Upstater

Blind Gardien said:
You'll notice that they've moved to the History Channel, though. And that Rose would seem to be around 80 years old now. :sarcasm:

Having Dustin Rose on your team is like playing video games with Game Genie.

skerbud

Feb 28, 2005
I've seen Kennedy play. Plays with intensity and grit. Great Playmaker, but needs some linemates to be there for him. averaging a point a game, very unselfish player. Can skate like I've never seen before.

Ovechkin

Sep 14, 2005
Patrick said:
Eric Fehr?

The kid is amazing, a steal at #18 overall. I believe he was the leading goal scorer last season in the WHL. He had 143 points in 87 regular season/playoff games in 04-05. Turned 20 back in September, should be with the Caps late this season or starting next at the latest.

His stats:

Regular Season

GP G A PT
2000-01 Brandon Wheat Kings WHL 4 0 0 0
2001-02 Brandon Wheat Kings WHL 63 11 16 27
2002-03 Brandon Wheat Kings WHL 70 26 29 55
2003-04 Brandon Wheat Kings WHL 71 50 34 84
2004-05 Brandon Wheat Kings WHL 71 59 52 111
2005-06 Hershey Bears AHL 28 13 15 28

His bes Playoff season:

GP G A PTS
2004-05 Brandon Wheat Kings WHL 24 16 16 32

gmdevils

Anyone for Jonas Nordqvist?

Granted that I've never seen the guy play outside of a WJ a couple years back (and even then I dont remember much). But his stats have steadily improved, over the past 3 seasons in the SEL, and is now scoring at a ppg pace (26gp 13g 24p). Perhaps someone from Sweden could provide some more detailed information, but it appears to me from reading box scores and what little info I can find, that Lulea's fortunes have turned around since he was moved to the top line with Mikael Renberg.

in the hall

Mar 4, 2004
SPG said:
Petr Prucha, NYR! 6G 3A, 9PTS in 20GP. He's been deadly in shootouts too.
15 goals now

but anyway i didn't even know or could imagine how good he was and most my prospect knowledge comes from here

Michael Morbid

Jun 11, 2004
PBC
An Ape called Yoko said:
Nicklas Bergfors is the only one playing AHL-hockey of the draft in 2005. He is the youngest player in the league.

Im being a bit of a homer here though... :shakehead
Marek Kvapil drafted by Tampa in 2005 is playing in the AHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad