Most Underatted Prospects, HF Wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
AHL MV said:
My team's prospects.

Are you joking? My team’s prospects clearly are the most underrated. Everyone here keeps talking about their prospects, but I’m the only one talking about my prospects.
This isn’t even close.

My prospects >>>>> your prospects. :D

KH1

Robert Nilsson was considered a bust the moment he was drafted if only because of Pierre McGuire's dual obsessions with bashing Mike Milbury and loving Zach Parise. He slipped down on the Isles prospect list unfairly. Now he's on the NHL team and showing amazing playmaking ability (though he's currently being crippled by his lack of consistent linemates or icetime.) He's gonna be something special.

Also RJ Umberger is underrated by the posters around here. Badly.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
King Henry I said:
Robert Nilsson was considered a bust the moment he was drafted if only because of Pierre McGuire's dual obsessions with bashing Mike Milbury and loving Zach Parise. He slipped down on the Isles prospect list unfairly. Now he's on the NHL team and showing amazing playmaking ability (though he's currently being crippled by his lack of consistent linemates or icetime.) He's gonna be something special.

Also RJ Umberger is underrated by the posters around here. Badly.

I don't think that he'll be "special", but a solid 2nd liner definately.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
MojoJojo said:
Please tell me your kidding.

Sadly, I'm not. Whitney gets mentioned, but it's often by Penguins fans saying "why was he overlooked?"

And even when he is mentioned by non-Penguins fans, he's underrated. There was a discussion awhile back about rating Phaneuf, Suter, Coburn and Whitney. Phaneuf was the near-consensus #1, as he deserved to be, but quite a few people had Whitney last. There's no logical reason to rank Braydon Coburn over Ryan Whitney. None whatsoever.

Whitney just doesn't seem to get the credit he deserves.

Randall Graves*

Bobby Ryan continues to get overlooked, he's contributed to about 55 percent of his teams goals, and he's not exactly playing with the London Knights!

Yes I am being a homer, BUT he never gets any recognition.

WADEugottaBELAKthat

Nikishin turning heads.
Nov 21, 2003
CSKA MoskWTF?
I think L.A. has a couple offensive gems that have gone under the radar. Lauri Tukonen is a speed demon with skills to burn - and is putting up very respectable numbers in the AHL for a 19 year old. He was ranked as a sure-fire top-five pick in 2004, but slipped. Then the same thing happened to Anze Kopitar this year.

Throw in a red-hot Jeff Tambellini and something's gonna have to give.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Kyle Chipchura said:
Why not wait before making such assumptions? He has yet to dominate for his junior team, and hasn't played in a U-20 tournament yet. He did have a great rookie tournament in Ottawa and a very impressive pre-season for Montreal - playing against AHL level players for the most part - so let's not get ahead of ourselves on his case. At the moment, 7.5 seems about right, but I agree about the "D" though. I'm pretty sure about one thing: the type of game that Latendresse likes to play will fit very well in the NHL. More than in Q in fact IMO.

7,5 means means he wont be a legit 1st liner -- at least not on a regular basis.
D means that he could drop to 4,5, which is a career minor leaguer.

I would have no problem with this rating if it would be constant. Considering A. Kos evaluation, it means.

-Not matter how A.Kos develops, he'll always be better than a Guillaume Latendresse who had developped as expected. Since he's unlikely to do so (hence, the D), it means chances A.KOS becomes a better player than Latendresse are about 99/100 - NHL-wise.

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
Staffan Kronwall?

Prospect Grade: 6.0 B

he came over just this year and has been solid for the Leafs, I mean sure he's been the #6 dman on the team and pushing Belak out of a roster spot means nothing, but I think he's shown that he's a very well rounded player having been on North American rinks for the first time this season. deffintly deserves more then 12th on the Leafs top 20.

Oiltown16

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Attica said:
Probably because he came out of literally nowhere, he wasn't even ranked on ISS.

Good pick though, he'll be quarterbacking a powerplay in the NHL in a few years

I agree, grabbed him in the 2nd round of my entry draft this year (yup he was skipped over last years draft, 5 rounds...20 teams) I got him with the 48th pick

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
A few names I can think of in terms of being under rated. First name is Thomas Plekanec. I'm a Flyers fan and I'll admit he's going to be very good. Ditto for Alexander Perezhogin. Another prospect who is definitely under rated is Keith Ballard. Dude has been a monster for Phoenix so far. Add to the fact he isn't the biggest guy and he's already had some scraps with some much larger players and hits like he's the second coming of Scott Stevens is even more impressive. Marek Svatos has been dynamite for Colorado and deserves some props. I've also got to give a big shout out to Cam Ward. He's showing he's gonna be a legitimate franchise goalie. Those are the folks that I can think of who are under rated.

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
RallyKiller said:
Bobby Ryan continues to get overlooked, he's contributed to about 55 percent of his teams goals, and he's not exactly playing with the London Knights!

Yes I am being a homer, BUT he never gets any recognition.

I put him as Anaheim's #1 prospect!

You all ripped me for putting him ahead of Getzlaf at the time!

What more do you want?

Wild Thing

Child... please.
Feb 18, 2003
Way Down South
Visit site
SeattleCloutierFan said:
Dustin Freakin' Rose

I was just watching something on the History Channel this morning about World War II, and they said that Dustin Rose took out a Japanese machine gun nest singlehanded. He ran uphill almost a quarter mile while the gunner was loading a new belt, and killed all 4 enemy soldiers with his bare hands before they could reload.

That kid's really amazing. I understand he's a good cook, too, and that he balances his checkbook without even using a calculator.

WADEugottaBELAKthat

Nikishin turning heads.
Nov 21, 2003
CSKA MoskWTF?
Wild Thing said:
I was just watching something on the History Channel this morning about World War II, and they said that Dustin Rose took out a Japanese machine gun nest singlehanded. He ran uphill almost a quarter mile while the gunner was loading a new belt, and killed all 4 enemy soldiers with his bare hands before they could reload.

That kid's really amazing. I understand he's a good cook, too, and that he balances his checkbook without even using a calculator.

Wow - Dustin Rose jokes are STILL considered funny around here???

xander

Nov 4, 2003
Section A Lynah Rink
Visit site
fyug said:
By HF the website: Erik Christensen
By HF the boards: Ryan Whitney

HF the website has Christensen ranked behind such borderline NHL'ers as Michel Ouellet and Matt Moulson.

Call me a cornell homer, but Moulson is a bonafide NHL prospect. Nice size, hard worker with a sniper's skillset.

Transported Upstater

xander said:
Call me a cornell homer, but Moulson is a bonafide NHL prospect. Nice size, hard worker with a sniper's skillset.

I liked him when I was there...although what's up with their team so far? :madfire:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Staffan Kronwall .. Niklas Kronwall "not so little" brother ..

Staffan Kronwall
Selected by Toronto Maple Leafs round 9 #285 overall 2002 NHL Entry Draft ... currently taking a regular shift in the NHL even passing highly touted Carlo Colaiacovo on the Leafs depth chart . .

Straight from the SEL to the NHL with a short few games in the AHL to get there ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad