Most Underatted Prospects, HF Wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafs 67 and Waiting

Jul 15, 2005
USA
James Neal for sure this kid was drafted 33rd overall in 05 by the Dallas Stars. He missed being a 2006 draft by a couple of weeks. He is a big, highly skilled forward that is putting up over a point a game playing for Plymouth in the OHL.

He was not picked to play in the OHL/Russia challenge. Where you had platers that were not picked as high as he was in the draft! May have something to do with him playing in Plymouth.

He was not invited to the Team Canada junior camp which I think is a huge over site. He played on the under 18 team and performed well enough to deserve an invite.

Players like Cody Bass, Richard Clune, Boyd,Comeau, Bourret, Bertram are all good players. However that being said I think Neal is a step above each of these guys and deserve to at least get a shot at making this team.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Guillaume Latendresse... 7.5D, looks more like a 8.5 C.

Someone can switch A.Kos and Latendresse ratings?!?!

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
petr vrana is very underrated
niklas bergfors
sidney crosby (should be a 10 B)
alexnder ovechkin (should be a 10 C)
nolan schaeffer
MARIO SCALZO JR

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Don't want to sound like a homer but I definitely have to give a nod to Ryan Whitney.

On the site he somehow missed the Top 50 cut-off and the board around here has basically written him off since the second he was drafted.

He's failed to get alot of hype from Penguin fans since we're too busy pimping guys like Fleury & Malkin usually(and that Sidney kid) and everyone else seems to be happy writing him off as a boarderline NHLer because he had one less than stellar season in college.

But I'll agree with the guy who said anyone in college. The NCAA definitely doesn't get it's props here. People just don't have the patience to let a guy stay with a team 4 years after being drafted instead of 2...well that and there's no hiding this is a largely Canadian website doesn't help :p:

DownFromNJ

Mar 7, 2004
Of the Devils prospects, definately Bergfors and Vrana. Even we Devils fans underrate these two.

Bergfors is (I believe, I could be wrong) the only 2005 draftee to be playing in the AHL at age 18. Brule and Crosby are in the NHL. He's playing quite well too.

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
MXD said:
Guillaume Latendresse... 7.5D, looks more like a 8.5 C.

Why not wait before making such assumptions? He has yet to dominate for his junior team, and hasn't played in a U-20 tournament yet. He did have a great rookie tournament in Ottawa and a very impressive pre-season for Montreal - playing against AHL level players for the most part - so let's not get ahead of ourselves on his case. At the moment, 7.5 seems about right, but I agree about the "D" though. I'm pretty sure about one thing: the type of game that Latendresse likes to play will fit very well in the NHL. More than in Q in fact IMO.

Maithz

Higgins , Kostitsyn

Kost is not putting points in AHL but the people have to be patient with him .

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Kevin Bieska, a lot of Canuck fans are high on him, but never hear about him anywhere else. Not the biggest guy, or blessed with the greatest skill set in the world, but he's a leader, he's tough as nails, he pisses people off, he has a very good shot, sticks up for his teammates, good passer. Real blood sweat tears guy that doesn't show up on HF because he's not flashy.

AHL 04/05: 80gp 12g 27a 39p 192 PIM all rookie team
AHL 05/06: 10gp, 2g, 8a, 10p, 29 PIM, won all 3 fights he has had easily. Should be called up anytime.

Another guy to keep an eye on is Jannik Hansen, who doesn't really get much notice because he's a Dane. He is leading the dub in rookie points, and is probably Portlands most complete and consistent player. If he was from a different country he might get more press. I can't believe he's not even in the Canucks Top 20.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
Koltsov said:
I can't believe he's not even in the Canucks Top 20.

He was a ninth round pick playing in an obscure league. There was no reason for him to be in the last Top 20.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
For the Pens, apart from Whitney, I'd say Matt Moulson or Ryan Lannon.
Moulson has torn up the NCAA the moment he was drafted.
Lannon is a steady no-BS type of defenseman that coaches love.

Duba could be a choice as well (some are high on him, maybe too high, but some are very very low on him). Same goes with Welch. He's gone from underrated to the spotlight, but people tend to forget about him and how good he can become.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Matt MacInnis said:
He was a ninth round pick playing in an obscure league. There was no reason for him to be in the last Top 20.

Well how often will the Top 20 be updated? I can understand leaving him off in the summer but now he should be sniffing the Top 10.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
Koltsov said:
Well how often will the Top 20 be updated? I can understand leaving him off in the summer but now he should be sniffing the Top 10.

Top 20s are updated twice annually.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
Anyhow, I feel that, in general Richard Petiot and Steve Bernier are vastly under-appreciated. Bernier in particular is an excellent example of posters relying on information that is years out of date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->