Status
Not open for further replies.

Attica

Feb 21, 2004
The Office
Oiltown16 said:
I've seen no mention of this guy at all really

Alexander Edler

Probably because he came out of literally nowhere, he wasn't even ranked on ISS.

Good pick though, he'll be quarterbacking a powerplay in the NHL in a few years

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
By HF the website: Erik Christensen
By HF the boards: Ryan Whitney

HF the website has Christensen ranked behind such borderline NHL'ers as Michel Ouellet and Matt Moulson. I know the Penguins' farm system is deep, but there's no way there are 15 better prospects than Christensen. It's also odd that Maxime Talbot is ranked #6 on the Pens' prospect list while Christensen is down at #16. I love Talbot, but his upside is that of a third liner. A very good third liner with John Madden potential, but still a third liner. Christensen, meanwhile, has the ability to be a top 6 forward right now and center a scoring line on virtually any team in the NHL in a few years.

Erik's stats so far: 14 games, 4 goals, 3 assists, +7, 15:02 ATOI

Pay particular attention to the +7. He leads the team in +/- and only 3 other forwards are in the positive - Ziggy Palffy with a +3, Lasse Pirjeta with a +1 and Michel Ouellet with a +1. Pirjeta is only on the ice for about 9 minutes per game and Ouellet played 3 games before being sent back down to the AHL.

As for Whitney, anytime a discussion of top defensive prospects comes up on these boards, Whitney seems to get overlooked. Yes, we know Phaneuf is incredible and Meszaros has been a very nice surprise, but Whitney currently leads all rookies in ice time with an ATOI of 24:07 (by comparison, Phaneuf is 21:40 and Meszaros is 13:38) and has scored 9 points in 14 games. I'm not saying he's better than Phaneuf, but he does deserve mention right alongside him when we're talking about stud rookie defensemen.

Fan-of-#9

Dec 27, 2003
Southern Ontario
Visit site
Paul Gaustad - aka the GOOOOSE!

The Sabres would not be 15-9-1 without him. He's plays in crucial situations late in the game, provides physicality 5 on 5 and has pitched in with timely offense. The guy is a monster and should be in this league for many years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad