most underated american

Status
Not open for further replies.

degroat*

It's probably Scott Gomez but Tkachuk gets an honorable mention here because people focus too much on his contract.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Stich said:
It's probably Scott Gomez but Tkachuk gets an honorable mention here because people focus too much on his contract.
Tkachuk doesn't get focused on because he has earned the name Tkachoke. People didn't sit there and call Joe Thornton the next Tkachuk and mean it in a good way.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
tulsytrid1 said:
Would agree with these two and add Mark Eaton to the list.

we're going to set off the homer bells, but you're pretty much right. no one even knows who mark eaton is, and he was quietly our best all-around defenseman last year. adam hall could get some mention, too....a brendan morrow clone.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Jeff Halpern may get less ink than any American on the World Cup team, anyway. He was the offensive player of the week to close out the 2003-04 season, as a primarily defensive center and with AHL linemates.

SkateLikeTheWind

Jun 16, 2004
Denver, CO
Brian Gionta. This guy never gets any talk, but he is a hell of a player. His only knock of course is his size, but his heart makes up for the 2 fold. I guarantee this guy will be on the US olympic team in the future.

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
Are we talking prospects? If so, I really like James Wisniewski and Jim Slater. Neither get a lot of hype, but Wisniewski in particular is one of my favorite prospects.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Player-wise, Mike York.

Prospect-wise, I'm inclined to go with Danny Richmond(I think he's US). I rarely hear much about him, and I think mock drafts will prove that he's pretty underrated(alot of people said Carolina would take Thelen because the offensive defenseman cubpoard is bare).

Or James Wishiniewski. He's very underrated too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->