Status
Not open for further replies.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Handsome B. Wonderful said:
One good year?

I'd say two.

2002-03 Saipa 9-17-5 3 SO 2.00 GAA (I don't know his SV%)
2003-04 Znojemsti Orli 27-17-3 4 SO 2.41 GAA .927 SV%

Saipa finished 11th out of 13 in 2002-03 and Duba's back-up went 1-10 with Znojemsti. I don't know his stats from this year.
At least 10 goalies have as good a stats as Duba in the Czech league from last year.

The biggest problem HBW is that you compared him to Lundqvist whose last 4 years, have been extremely strong and compared to any goalie in any league he compares favourably.(And there is really nothing to confirm that Duba has had "all the results" of Lundqvist and if he had, then he would be far higher rated than he is.)

If you would have omitted that comparison, I probably wouldn't have made any comment.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Caniacforever said:
Cam Ward. I've been pushing the bandwagon by myself for a long time, but he's putting up good numbers in the AHL this year with a 2.20 GAA in his rookie season.
I must admit....I am becoming a believer. :thumbu:

OTOH....that guy in your avatar needs a kick in the caboose. :D

Diaboli

Sep 16, 2004
City once voted as F
One good year?

I'd say two.

Saipa finished 11th out of 13 in 2002-03 and Duba's back-up went 1-10 with Znojemsti. I don't know his stats from this year.

As Saipa's season ticket holder, I'd say I know something about Duba.

Some days he was absolutely unstoppable, no way of getting past him. Next day he has a red towel in his hands and he's pretending to be a matador. Probably the most inconsistant goalkeeper I've ever seen, and I've watched people like Jussi Markkanen and Juha Kuokkanen (our backup at the moment) as our keeper's.

Don't think Duba has the same kind of upside as Lundqvist, not even close. I can see him becoming some day a respectable backup but never even a serious contendor for the #1 spot in any team.

jfont

Feb 27, 2002
Los Angeles
FlyersFan10 said:
4) Jared Aulin - I think everyone may have given up a little early on him. A couple of freak injuries and it's like it's become his death knell. I think the Capitals have a very very very fine prospect on their hands who will be a tenacious offensive player for them and have a little bit of a mean streak to him know that he's been hurt. Sometimes, it just takes some freak injuries to bring out a little nasty in someone. This will do Aulin just fine. He's gonna be a gamer and he's gonna make LA really sorry for giving him up for Anson Carter.
we're already sorry.... :cry:

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Diaboli said:
As Saipa's season ticket holder, I'd say I know something about Duba.

Some days he was absolutely unstoppable, no way of getting past him. Next day he has a red towel in his hands and he's pretending to be a matador. Probably the most inconsistant goalkeeper I've ever seen, and I've watched people like Jussi Markkanen and Juha Kuokkanen (our backup at the moment) as our keeper's.

Don't think Duba has the same kind of upside as Lundqvist, not even close. I can see him becoming some day a respectable backup but never even a serious contendor for the #1 spot in any team.

sounds like peter hamerlik

Diaboli

Sep 16, 2004
City once voted as F
One good year?

I'd say two.

BTW, 2 good years isn't the same as 4 very good years. I just have one problem with these "stats" of yours. I got a bit curious about Duba's stats in 2002-2003, because having a GAA of 2.00 requires somesort of consistency.

I went to FEL's official sites, and it says here, that Duba's GAA in 2002-2003 is 2,73 and SVS% is 91,28 in 34 games. In 2001-2002 his GAA was 3,31 and SVS% was 89,89 in 47 games.

Where did you get your stats? They sound a lot different than mine you know.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
slats432 said:
I must admit....I am becoming a believer. :thumbu:

OTOH....that guy in your avatar needs a kick in the caboose. :D

Yes, yes he does. I'm sure it's just a case of post-draft complacency though. I compare the draft year for a junior player to a contract year for an NHL player. Often they overachieve, but they're still generally considered the same caliber of player beneath all the statistics, they just give that little extra that they usually can't muster in the draft or contract year. Though sometimes players never revert back to their contract year form and end up being a bad sign, and that's the same situation that a "bust" in the draft can endure. If he can find that motivation again, he'll be just fine. That motivation that you have to dig deep for that a drafted player playing junior hockey usually finds very hard to attain. Not saying it's alright or making excuses, but he's probably a prime candidate for that sort of thing.

Also, the whole team isn't doing as well as everyone would have initially hoped. Ladd is just one of many on that Hitman team that isn't playing up to snuff. I'm just concerned that he keeps hitting and forechecking and playing hockey the way he's supposed to. If he does that, he will at the very least have a role in the NHL. A line with Erik Cole and Andrew Ladd would be one of the best forechecking combinations of wingers in the league if Ladd can bring that to the Pro game. Overall, i'm not very worried about him at this point. He's had a few really great games this year to accompany all those bad ones, so the light is still there. It's very early yet!

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
Speaking of underrated, Byfuglien had another 3 point night, putting him 2 out of the WHL lead for dmen. He also has the same +11 +/- as Cam Barker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad