Most Under-Rated Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafaholix*

John Flyers Fan said:
We'll see about that.
I like Richards better, but from what I've seen his offensive skills are just above average. Just looking at Kitchener players, Derek Roy showed a lot more offense than Richards has.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Petr Vrana, I'm not saying this only cause I am a Devils fan. This guy truely is underated as they come. Devils fans don't even both with him.

Jeff Goldblum

Apr 19, 2002
Visit site
From the Pens: Welch and Armstrong. Welch has always been an under the radar guy, and is considered by some to be the top defender in all of college hockey. Armstrong had a couple bad seasons, but now he is kicking it up. I think he will become part of a great future third line for the Pens.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
1. Max Kondratiev. He should put together a fine career as a second pairing d-man.

2. Jarkko Immonen. Wreaking havoc in Finland - could be a valuable 2nd line center.

3. Lauri Korpikoski. People will see in the WJC that he belongs in the same sentence with guys like Tukkonen, and Nokelainen.

4. Nigel Dawes. Great skills - constantly overlooked for size.

Just some lesser known NYR prospects...

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
Chaos said:
Us Stars fans? You mean all 3 of us here? We are the ONLY ones who ever talk about him, while everyone else is all enamored with Mikko "Got drafted high because of my brother" Koivu. ;)
Mikko who. Jussi has been recognised by other fans. Maybe not has hyped as you guys hype (hype him alot) though. By the way is he the brother of Olli Jokinen who is our greatest player.

mach 1

Dec 6, 2004
liam reddox,the guy just keeps scoring aslo got a little taller this year.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Niklas Kronwall

He excells at both ends of the ice. His physical game is improving leaps and bounds as he gets stronger. He reads the play really well, can lead the rush, quarterback the powerplay and is an offensive force from the blueline.

Basically Kronwall is the total package, but he doesn't get the credit. People will notice soon though, when the NHL resumes and he becomes one of the best young defenseman in the game.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
J17ster said:
Mikko who. Jussi has been recognised by other fans. Maybe not has hyped as you guys hype (hype him alot) though. By the way is he the brother of Olli Jokinen who is our greatest player.

No relation to Olli.

TomahawkSniper

Aug 19, 2004
Vancouver
Thomas Nussli
Nathan McIver
Evgeny Gladskikh
Jannik Hansen
Peter Regin
Kyle Wellwood
Mike Richards
Petr Vrana
Mihail Yunkov
Corey Perry
Johan Fransson
Alexei Kaigorodov
Nathan Saunders

Last edited:

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
wes o'neill

i think he'll prove to be a steal being taken in the fourth round.

the knock on him before the draft was that he lacked hockey sense.

however, the times i've seen him play this year (granted,on tv), he's shown great anticipation.

also, i'll take a chance on a guy's hockey "smarts", when he's a "real" student at a top academic university like Notre Dame. he definitely has the size and skills, imo, to play in the NHL.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
PanthersRule said:
Kamil Kreps
Lukas Krajicek
Olesz is underrated relative to how good he is here.
Kaigorodov
Suglobov
Weber
Stefan Meyer
SIDNEY CROSBY

j/k
;)
Dude just a bit homerish.

Agree on Olesz, Meyer and maybe Kreps. Yeah Crosby and Ovechkin are never hpyed. So underated, u just never here about them.

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
Ryan O'Byrne

This guy is huge and can probably skate better then any other Montreal prospect plus he is now starting to fill out and should be ready for the big show after 1 or 2 years in the AHL.

Sens in 2005

Dec 14, 2004
Corey Locke: CHL player of the year. Led the OHL in Points and Goals twice. In first year in AHL is second leading scorer on team. And he gets absolutely no respect. Even at 140-150 lbs he will play in the NHL and will probably be on the Habs 2nd line within 3 years. He would probably not even be rated in the top 200 prospects. Look at his accomplishments..... If he was 6'2'' 210 lbs he would be rated in the top 10 prospects.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Minnesota prospects (I'll have to think about others and go through my notes):

Mikko Koivu, people have been harping on this guy and most people think he's overrated. I don't think so. His transition from the Finnish Leagues to the AHL went almost smoothly, except for a slight injury that was out of his control.

Brent Burns, another guy who has gotten recognition but I don't think people realize he could be a solid two-way, top 3 defenseman in a couple of years.

Roman Voloshenko, it's all about Radulov but Voloshenko is quietly making a name for himself as Radulov's wingman. Skating, yes is a slight problem but it has gotten way overblown.

Clayton Stoner, taken in the mid rounds and overlooked by a lot. Is a very solid defenseman but as always will need to work on his skills and position before making a transition to the NHL.

Matt Foy, while not really underrated, Locke has been talked about more. Foy is a physical winger that can score points. His last years was marred by some fluke injuries but his preseason and last of the year tear last year, rocked! He is doing well this year too. Most people don't realize that Minnesota's affiliate plays a transition game like their parent club, so goals are hard to come by down in Houston.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
however, the times i've seen him play this year (granted,on tv), he's shown great anticipation.

I"ve only seen o'niell once or twice, so i probably don't have the best impressionof him...but he didn't stand out too much when i did and made some really stupid passes at times, and get beat to the outside a few times as well and have to haul down his man.

but like i said, only saw a few games and he's doing well stats wise this year at least

CH Wizard

Christian Heino-Lindberg
Chris Higgins
Mike Richards
Nigel Dawes
David Leneveu

Last edited by a moderator:

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
J17ster said:
Dude just a bit homerish.

Agree on Olesz, Meyer and maybe Kreps. Yeah Crosby and Ovechkin are never hpyed. So underated, u just never here about them.
I never said that they were great prospects. Just underrated in terms of their talent compared to the hype.

NO one ever hears about Kreps and he will probably end up in the NHL as potentially a second line center as he has crazy skills.

Meyer is a bona fide sniper in the WHL and no one ever talks about him.

Krajicek has been San Antonio's best dman but he doesn't get much respect here. He is a top 5 offensive dman prospect. IMO top 3 maybe.

Olesz is I'd call him the most underrated upper echelon prospect. Like he is up there in terms of talent and potential with like Michalek, Vanek, etc.. top 20, prolly top 15, but was 40 something on the prospect rankings and has been scoring a lot in the Czech league.

Of course I don't think Meyer and Kreps are top prospects, but I think Olesz and Krajicek are.

Suglubov and Kaigorodov are two underrated palyers IMO. Same with Jussi Jokinen and Shea Weber.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Krajicek has been San Antonio's best dman but he doesn't get much respect here. He is a top 5 offensive dman prospect. IMO top 3 maybe.

there has been a lot of "buzz" around here lately about him...maybe it's mostly been from panthers fans, but it seems to me he has been getting some attention and recognition in one way or another lately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad