Most Surprising Early Season Team Points Leader?

Most Surprising Early Season Team Points Leader?

• Total voters

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Carlson with 26 points is surprising to me. None of the others are that surprising TBH.

Last edited:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Hamilton, HM to Brown

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Schmaltz didn't exactly come out of nowhere but every game I watch of the Coyotes he looks like their best skater. He's taken a big step.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Any of the Knoecny, Brown, Hamilton, picks are good.

Carlson is surprising but not earthly shocking maybe how well he is doing is somewhat shocking but everyone knew how great he was or should of.

I’ll say draisaitl because mcdavids mcdavid we knew draisaitl would get a ton but still mcdavids mcdavid. And even though draisaitl fits like Carlson In where every knows he’d get tons of points, still mcdavid is you get the picture

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Went with Brown because while some others would be surprising over a full season, they're good enough players where it's not that surprising they would have a more productive stretch than some of their teammates over 15-18 games, whereas Brown wasn't seen as high on the depth chart coming in and already has almost half of the points you would expect out of him in a full season.

coo1beans

Mar 29, 2010
Most surprising to me is draisatl. Its not a knock on him though, you just dont expect mcdavid to not be leading whatever team he plays on in scoring.

Least surprising is konecny. I may be a bit biased but ive picked him the last 2 years in a row in my fantasy so ive kept a close eye on his development. But i fully expected his to become a ppg player or at least close to it.

Reactions: God Bless Mr Gritty

Roasted Nuts

Feb 6, 2018
Behind you
Schmaltz didn't exactly come out of nowhere but every game I watch of the Coyotes he looks like their best skater. He's taken a big step.
In retrospect the Coyotes seem to have won the Schmaltz/ Strome trade. If Schmaltz is their number one skater then they definitely upgraded over Strome, who is a subpar skater. Even though Strome is capable of putting up points as a playmaker, I see Schmaltz skillset being more valuable to the Yotes.
The Coyotes have definitely improved their team over the past few years trading for speedy forwards such as Kessel and Schmaltz, and by drafting solid players like Hayton and Keller.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad