Most sure player in the NHL right now to be a Seattle Kraken

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I think so as well. Take Gourde and go from there.

I thought Johnson was one of those pieces that we were very likely to take in a side-deal because of the sweetener(s) that TBL would add plus the home-state connection. But with players like Drouin, Domi, Tarasenko, JVR/Voracek, Henrique being exposed, Ron Francis has to really evaluate if the sweetener(s) is good enough to eat Johnsons cap space for 3 years than taking shorter contracts on arguably better players from the names mentioned above.

At the end of the day Seattle is going to have its own RFA's to re-sign, some UFA's to pursue within the same 81.5M cap that all the other teams have.

Is Henrique really an upgrade on Johnson? Production the past several seasons is similar and Henrique is paid 875k more then next 3 seasons. Drouin is making 5.5M the next 2 seasons and you have no idea if he'll even be on the ice in that time. I picked Domi in my expansion draft but forgot he was going to miss time with shoulder surgery. He makes more than Johnson and is a UFA in a year. If he doesn't come back early and struggles a bit even if you trade him the return will be weak. Tarasenko is a much better player but how healthy is he and he makes more. Big risk for a guy who's missed so much time. Voracek is a better player but is older, makes 3.25M more the next 3 years and his production is slowly decreasing. Van Reimsdyk is good value for money though.

I saw someone else talk about Danualt earlier. He's going to want 5M or more and for more than 3 years. He scored less than Johnson this year and is not a good goal scorer. Great defensive forward but seems like there's a few good defensive forwards available for less. I also think you guys are taking Berniers in the draft who's a better Danualt, so in a year or two Danualt won't be needed.

I'm not saying this means you should take Johnson in the ED. But a side deal could work but not one with massive assets going back. Something like Barre-Boulet, scoring winger ready for a shot, + Fortier, C prospect who you can put in the AHL, + 2021 3rd? Don't see a 1st being involved, Foote or Katchouk/Raddysh. We can always trade Palat and Killorn is needed and keep Johnson. If you take Gourde we just need to move one forward which is easy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->